An Update

Suggest any improvements
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: An Update

Only thing that needs to be done, is a few tweaks on %ages, and make accounts killable.

*make the untrained raid-able, or just kill-able(considering the growth rate)
*tie in your account size/power to your ascended power, like the Ori. If you have 10m planets, and someone has 2b planets, then surely your power being received from your population is weaker then that of the person with 2b. Make it a multiplier or something for example:
total_planets/1,000,000,000 * ascension_power. You have 5B planets, then your defense and offense capabilities are 5x stronger
Kaps1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Gao'uld
ID: 75061

There's a good idea, Sarevok. Server is useless at this point if ppl can't be descended. It has potential, but needs desperate fixing.
" To live is to suffer, to survive is to find the meaning within the suffering "

Trade Feedback Please!
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=139209
~P2F~
Forum Newbie

Get rid of the ascention server all together. When you ascend in main you just get the bonuses you do not have to play another game. I'd rather be able to just focus on Main.
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

peace2thefederation wrote:Get rid of the ascention server all together. When you ascend in main you just get the bonuses you do not have to play another game. I'd rather be able to just focus on Main.

Here Here, I second that motion, ascended is confusing and redundant. Just write the bonuses for ascension into the code of main.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Then it defeats the purpose of ascending. If you were going to do that, you may as well just have been able to upgrade your tech's further then ascend
Ridd1ck
Forum Elder
Alliance: Nemesis Tempest
Race: Necromonger
ID: 1961274

Sarevok wrote:Then it defeats the purpose of ascending. If you were going to do that, you may as well just have been able to upgrade your tech's further then ascend

No it doesn't. Not if you simply add the ascended bonuses to the code in main. Not sure how "Simple" that would be, but accomplishes same thing, without having to play 2 seperate games.

Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I have ALWAYS been a big supporter of not forcing play on two seperate servers. I think it foolish, and many people dont have the time or inclination to do so.

BUT

You should not be able to gain the same bonuses as someone who plays the ascended server. Its just not right not fair. There is a cost to playing the ascended server and deascention removes your main bonuses for some time. Its not fair that a player has the same bonuses but no chance of losing them.

I always said to give none ascended players a chance to buy Tech's that would allow them to compete with ascended accounts, but not be 100% as powerful.

Let the people choose and have the best of both worlds. The diamons were a poor attempt at it. Keeping your ascended weapons was sufficent, losing the AB was good, but Doubling the losses was just to severe a punishment to ever allow the race to compete.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
dermetry
Forum Irregular
Race: Descender
ID: 9700985

peace2thefederation wrote:Get rid of the ascention server all together. When you ascend in main you just get the bonuses you do not have to play another game. I'd rather be able to just focus on Main.

I also agree its to confucing for me.and i dont have time to play that Stupid Ascended SGW aswel as the Main.I say we get a choice to play that ascended SGW because its a complete waste of valuble time.
ImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lord mott wrote:

I also agree its to confucing for me.and i dont have time to play that Stupid Ascended SGW aswel as the Main.I say we get a choice to play that ascended SGW because its a complete waste of valuble time.

You have that choice now

1 never log in
2 vacation mode
3 become a daimon
4 build your def stats and log in 1 time a week
5 never worry about it if you get deascended.

I'm not going to back something that takes away from those who play it. Ascended at one time was much better then main. You could actually hurt someone and win a war there, but the excellerated growth and unbalanced attacking system has hosed the entire server.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Yes, thats why i think you should be able to power up "personal" stats on ascended based on either your rank, or size, or both
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

Lonewolf1968 wrote:

Here Here, I second that motion, ascended is confusing and redundant. Just write the bonuses for ascension into the code of main.

Now come on, you ascended a couple of days ago and you are already bagging it? Give it a try before you pass judgement.

I honestly can't see why people whinge about being 'forced' to play ascended. Log in, convert dmu to life force, log out and with appropriate stats you've saved yourself from descention for another day. And all this you can do in the time the server lags at turn change on main.

I can't see how this is a 'burden' for people to carry
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Doesn't stop you being descended. Believe me :lol:

Return to “Suggestions”