1 AT hits, JASON TIME TO STEP UP

Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Re: 1 AT hits, JASON TIME TO STEP UP

Not the best of ideas for main at this stage of its life, imo. It has plently of problems as it is, due to the old wrinkles showing, I dont think taking the achilies heel of high defs out will benefit it. Might just be me thoe.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

admin said yesterday that it is fair the way it is but at the next meet bring some evidence of what we were talking about because he looked at the math and it added up in the code so 1at is 1/15th of a full 15AT strike but he is still willing to listen at the next meet.
Spoiler
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

On the MS note... i think i read AGES ago.. that 5 at's is like the equiv of a 15 at strike... im sure thats how it goess... so massing someones ms is like 5 at's at a time to have full potential loses on the side... i could be wrong but im pretty sure i read that somewhere :lol:

And i agree.. 1 at massing seems to do more.. he says its 1/15th.. but if thats the case... why are we all doin 1 at hits? :? cause its not obviously.. :lol:
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Hey, I used to think it BS that a guy 15 AT hit me loosing 3x as much as me and then 1at massing me loosing a fraction, literarry 1/100th, of what he did the first hit - while my looses stayed the same...

But then I started thinking about it and infinity explaind some coleartions to me and I have to say, it sorta makes sense.
Sure, it blows when it`s used against you but hey... It comes down to induvidual setups and clever use of the max killed/lost done mechanic. So you`re talking of recoding a thing cos of specific cases and changing things that basically mean you need to change a whole lot, since there are a lot of dominos in the chain that make for this result...

And nomatter how it`s coded there will allways be a setup that will enable attackers to optimize their massing. Save coding it completley in the defenders favour. But then ppl would cry how unfair it is again. With good reason. Top 5% would just make 50mil super defs and presto, our very own purgatory. Would prolly facilitate an end to the server war that. :P
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Brdavs wrote:Top 5% would just make 50mil super defs and presto, our very own purgatory. Would prolly facilitate an end to the server war that. :P

I didn't read any of this thread except your last sentence here..

It wouldn't change anything. It would just make people more inclined to get duals like Qacol, or Orpheus. :lol:
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

I just don't see how i attack someone for 15 minutes say, and i manage to kill 15 people, OR, i can attack for 1 minute, and STILL kill 15 people
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

This is simply a symptom of changes that were made to the game which weren't properly thought out beforehand. The fact of the matter is that AT are too freely available in this day and age - and when this first happened it changed the game dynamic massively. People have been complaining about it ever since (me included), yet little or nothing has been done.

I agree something needs to be done - and I know what I'd do if I had my way - but if AT are going to continue to be so freely available and accessible, then raising the min AT per attack would seem to be the only alternative.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak

Return to “Suggestions Archive”