Signature? COMPLETED

A record of past signatures, avatars, and any other graphics.

Moderator: Market Mods

murkar
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ougatz
Race: System Lords
ID: 0

Re: Signature?

Colton wrote::lol:

I don't think I'll post an attempt for this one since I'm VERY new to making sigs and the last time I posted one of mine up against some of 'The Greats'.. Mine actually got picked, and I felt like an ass lol :lol:

DO IT.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

@Colton: What murkar said.
Heck.. I made a sig for this one, and I'm WAY newer as you. ;) Come on! Stun Noobert!! :D
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Universe wrote:Because you're a good guy, and fun to work with, I figured I'd try too.
:P

Edit: >_< Lots of minor details errors, I can fix when I am home. :)

Is that Kevin Spacey? :shock:

Who are those people in the back round? They look scary. The back round and the animated dude look cool though! :shock:

Also, what does that saying mean? :shock:
gigs wrote:Made some more :)
Please Give Feedback

First one looks good but I'm still looking for something that stands out more. Kind of reminds me of Black Hawk Down..hmm..*Ponders*

*Bangs head on desk* I hate being picky. Makes me feel like an ass. :(
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

murkar wrote:Your problem, SuperSaiyan, is that your sig is too large. The other problem is that you're using photobucket, which automatically reduces image size. I guarantee that if you upload the sig here (just in case it doesn't occur to you, I thought I'd better tell you to click this link) instead of using photobucket your sig will look fine. If I'm wrong then give me your ID and I'll send you 100Bil and 50k UU.

[spoiler]When I gave you my take on the issue, I assumed you were using photoshop correctly. If my diagnosis is wrong, though, then you've shrunk the render or sig without constraining the proportions first. In other words, the assumption at the beginning of this paragraph is wrong. When you shrink images you need to make sure that the percentage you are shrinking the length and width by are identical - length and width percentages are near the top when you're in photoshop in case you didn't know. Check the box beside the length and width, which should say "constrain proportions", to do this automatically. Reinsert the render and constrain the proportions when you shrink it.[/spoiler]

It wont be photobucket. I have used Photobucket for years with my signatures and they have come out fine. I originally used Pizco! lmao...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
murkar
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ougatz
Race: System Lords

Semper wrote:
murkar wrote:Your problem, SuperSaiyan, is that your sig is too large. The other problem is that you're using photobucket, which automatically reduces image size. I guarantee that if you upload the sig here (just in case it doesn't occur to you, I thought I'd better tell you to click this link) instead of using photobucket your sig will look fine. If I'm wrong then give me your ID and I'll send you 100Bil and 50k UU.

[spoiler]When I gave you my take on the issue, I assumed you were using photoshop correctly. If my diagnosis is wrong, though, then you've shrunk the render or sig without constraining the proportions first. In other words, the assumption at the beginning of this paragraph is wrong. When you shrink images you need to make sure that the percentage you are shrinking the length and width by are identical - length and width percentages are near the top when you're in photoshop in case you didn't know. Check the box beside the length and width, which should say "constrain proportions", to do this automatically. Reinsert the render and constrain the proportions when you shrink it.[/spoiler]

It wont be photobucket. I have used Photobucket for years with my signatures and they have come out fine. I originally used Pizco! lmao...

It can be photobucket, because they made the default image size smaller and if you upload an iamge which is too large it simply shrinks it, making it stretched. It's either than or what's in the spoiler, anyways.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Yeah SS it just looks a bit stretched... and the vid one goes WAY to fast.. slow down the frame rate.... :?

Not bad so far..
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Noobert wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:really? :shock:

what exactly on there is blurry?

cause I didn't add any effects to the spartan render :P

I don't know, it just looks a bit blurry. Maybe I'm insane, I don't know. :lol:

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:I couldn`t find any ideea how to include the halo3 clip in a signature without ruining it. So i abandoned that ideea and choosed a "warrior" theme.

Tell me if you like this sample and/or what would you like to change:

Now that one I like, just the names would need to stand out more and I'd probably pick it. I like the phrase too! :lol:

Ok, i made a few adjustments to the text, colors and borders and came up with these:

Let me know which one is more apealing and what can i do more to improve it... personally i think they`re all awesome (but the one in front of the last one, is standing out more, because of the cooler blueish color). :-D

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Noobert wrote:
Universe wrote:Because you're a good guy, and fun to work with, I figured I'd try too.
:P

Edit: >_< Lots of minor details errors, I can fix when I am home. :)

Is that Kevin Spacey? :shock:

Who are those people in the back round? They look scary. The back round and the animated dude look cool though! :shock:

Also, what does that saying mean? :shock:

Thanks for the overall positive reaction.
No.. it's not Kevin Spacey, it's Kevin Sorbo. Andromeda star, and also Hercules. From the television series.
Female is Lucy Lawless, this particular picture is of her in her latest role as D'Anna in Battlestar Galactica, but she's also Xena. And has a few cross-over episodes with Hercules. Her series being a spin-off of Hercules'..

The saying is the actual wording used by Cicero, now deformed into the present day saying of "Inter arma enim silent leges". "For among (times of) arms, the law falls mute".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_arma ... lent_leges

I'd pick Nigatsu's sig if I were you btw, it's the most in line with your current one.. very stable. People won't be confused. :P
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Ok, i made a few adjustments to the text, colors and borders and came up with these:

Let me know which one is more apealing and what can i do more to improve it... personally i think they`re all awesome (but the one in front of the last one, is standing out more, because of the cooler blueish color). :-D

I like the third very much. What about the font? Anything super cool you can do? :-D :shock:

SuperSaiyan wrote:hows this?

I shortened the width, and checked the proportions (twas fine)

so I have no idea whats causing the blurryness, must just be the pic I am using :P

I reckon the back round is what threw me. The white light distorts the photo. The name needs to stand out more.

But! Even if I don't pick anyone of these people above, I'll still give naquadah to people who deserve it and tried hard. Won't be as much as the one I do pick..but at least it will be some. :shock:

Super, have you ever tried Abstract?
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Noobert wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Ok, i made a few adjustments to the text, colors and borders and came up with these:

I like the third very much. What about the font? Anything super cool you can do? :-D :shock:

I`ll search for a nice font to fit in. If not, i have another suggestion: would you like a frozen text effect to make it stand up a little more?
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Frozen text? Stand up a little more? I don't understand. :(
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

lol, I guess I'll enter the one I made for myself today, if you pick it I'll make another for myself :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Did something unique with the edges but I don't know if it worked out well or not o_O
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Dude, that looks good.

You keep it though. I don't want to put anyone else through my suffering of pickyness. :lol:
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Haha :lol:
Noobert
Sedin Triplet