strike massing

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: strike massing

I fully agree with your statement, and that's what i was trying to say/meant in my post. Some way, for a defender to be active, while being massed.
And stopping the "i have nothing to mass anyway" attitude
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lord Blackhole wrote:In the end it is a battle of naq and UU. The bigger account wins... but a few smaller players can actually take on a big player.

May be off topic but I wanted to say something to this. This is an untrue statement as when you cross the Raiding limit you are severly limited and pretty much gutted with only 1 option, and thats to turtle shell. Someone below the raid limit can maintain and/or grow their account during a full scale active battle (Both sides actually fighting, building defenses, strikes and covert units), anyone over the limit is completely at a loss and can not recover the units and is therefore drug down to the level (army size) of the smaller army. So in this case you above statement is false.

I still say making weapons lose power but never be destroyed is the best option, give them a physical weapon (such as a bayonet) so once the "amunition" of the weapons is gone, they can still kill and inflict damage on the attacking armies. It will stop the "free" killing of defensive soliders, which is the biggest imbalance of the attack/defense system.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
urogard
Forum Elder

a 50 mil account is superior in many respects to a 150 or even 300 mil account, especially during wars
and as lore stated it's by definition superior to a 400+ mil account

victory has nothing to do with size, ok unless your side is around 50 times larger than your opponent. In this rare case you are actually able to build defenses faster than the attacker is able to destroy, assuming same amount of activity on both sides
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

urogard wrote:a 50 mil account is superior in many respects to a 150 or even 300 mil account, especially during wars
and as lore stated it's by definition superior to a 400+ mil account

victory has nothing to do with size, ok unless your side is around 50 times larger than your opponent. In this rare case you are actually able to build defenses faster than the attacker is able to destroy, assuming same amount of activity on both sides

Exactly, and with the uneven balance on attack and defense losses, you would have to be about 50 times bigger for the attacker to run out of UU before you. LOL
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
urogard
Forum Elder

and don't forget that you would need to also be raiding 50 units for each unit your opponent raids.
he raids 10 mil in a weekend as a raiding spree, your group needs to raid 500 mil to keep up
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I agree it would be nice to program the undestroyable weapons, however, it still leaves attack basically untouchable
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sarevok wrote:I agree it would be nice to program the undestroyable weapons, however, it still leaves attack basically untouchable

Not when coupled with the sabotage idea.

And you can not make it so an account can be completely wiped out in 30 minutes. That senerio will do more damage then good.

With the sabatage idea you can fight back still using your Strike against attackers, With covert phasing it stops the 0 of all stats by protecting the strike to some extent to allow retaliation, BUT also gives a way to destroy it slowly over time if you are persistant enough.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

My account has been whiped out 2x over(if it was more then one person, would have been 30 mins, but was more like an hour) except for my miners. So it's doable now. This would just mean that what CAN be done to defensive players, COULD be returned to offensive players
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sarevok wrote:My account has been whiped out 2x over(if it was more then one person, would have been 30 mins, but was more like an hour) except for my miners. So it's doable now. This would just mean that what CAN be done to defensive players, COULD be returned to offensive players

I'm sorry but I'm losing your train of thought?

Two post up you say strikes would still be untouchable, and the one above this one you say all but miners can be killed now?

I'm prolly just missing something simple so pardon me, feel free to PM me if you dont wanna spam this thread up to much, I'm intrested in continuing this convo with you.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Oh no, is all good. I'm a defensive player, so i mostly have defense units, and some attack units (<1k). So, when i get massed, i can loose everything (cause i have no strike), effectively allowing my account to be zero'd bar the lifers. However, those that only have strike keep the strike (even if the weapons are sabotaged), allowing them to rebuild much faster.

Though I've sorta lost my train of thought myself as well :?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sarevok wrote:Oh no, is all good. I'm a defensive player, so i mostly have defense units, and some attack units (<1k). So, when i get massed, i can loose everything (cause i have no strike), effectively allowing my account to be zero'd bar the lifers. However, those that only have strike keep the strike (even if the weapons are sabotaged), allowing them to rebuild much faster.

Though I've sorta lost my train of thought myself as well :?

OK, I got you now, but allowing sab to kill att soilders does allow for strikes to be removed. I know its not true "bablance" but I feel its viable and a step in the right direction atleast.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Ah, and now i understand too :lol:
The ability to sab attacking units to kill them could be interesting idea. More realistic then attacking their attack with yours :?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Its more realistic as well, we are dealingwith mostly naq energy based weapons or some type of explosive(bullets are explosives). It never set well with me being able to sab a weapon in someones hands, and it never made sense for weapons to not be checked before battles and sab discovered, but making it so a sab appears to be functioning until it is actually fired and then it explodes is more realistic. It also gives sab the bite to make it useful again, but doesnt overpower it as you covert phase after so much covert activity. I would even suggest a longer covert phase or a slower recovery time if this was impemented.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

I don't think we should increase the covert time. Would reduce the effectiveness of what this thread is trying to (i think) achieve, a more even balance between attack and defense

Return to “Suggestions Archive”