search by race

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: search by race

Sorry, muffafuffin dragged me into the PPT thing

@muffafuffin: they didn't not log in for 3 days. They tried to PPT, it apparently worked, they went to bed, got up, and it was gone, and they had been hit all night. I'd rather see that fixed, then add convenience for race wars.

And I'm not spamming the thread, i said i think it's pointless atm, and people kept telling me my OPINION is wrong, so, i must defend my opinion, as they (in general) can't be "wrong"
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

I would ask you to keep this on topic, please leave the PPT stuff etc elsewhere. I still see no irrefutable argument against my suggestion.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Said it was good. Just felt like other things should be implemented/fixed with/before it. But it is a good suggestion.

Should see if admin is willing to take some suggestions on base races as well? So there's at least a few core ones.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Fallstar wrote:Okay.
I pulled myself out of this because I knew it was going to go sour.

Everyone needs to just calm down.

As I equally knew someone was going to say that, I am calm, and I do realize my posts seem to be coming off very strong. I really don't mean it like that, for me this is a civilized discussion, I don't think it's heated at all to be honest... I am done though, both points have been given many times, and if Admin actually reads this, which he won't unless someone points him to it :?, he can decide what to do.

Sarevok no hard feelings I hope... :-D. Your right they are both opinions and neither are incorrect (even though I might've directly said yours was wrong :shock:).

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Sarevok
Forum Addict

lol, na, i though it was a good idea anyway.But yeh, so many good suggestions falling to deaf ears
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lore wrote:you could just make it so in the " race ranking " they are displayed as an alliance? You can click on the count to get the list.

Sarevok wrote:Alliance is different, as it composes of more then 1 player, race could well be individualistic, if you know someones race (assume all are unique) then you would more then likely know their name.

IDK if my suggestion was misunderstood or I did a poor job explaining it.

When you click on "alliance rankings" you get a list of alliances. Under the heading of member count you get a number of people in the alliance. If you click this number you get a list of every member in the alliance.

What I am suggesting is instead of a "race search" option, make the "Race rankings" so that where the header of "count" is, the number is clickable and gives you a list of everyone in that specific race.

Hope that's better.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
bigcakes
Forum Elite
Alliance: DSL
Race: WorldEnder
ID: 1908950

also a good suggestion by Lore.
kbye
john
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TPE- Valkyria
Race: Tollan
ID: 1914495

I would have to agree with grimgor on this one.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
~Albert Einstein
"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."
~ Unknown
Empy
Derper

Lore wrote:
Lore wrote:you could just make it so in the " race ranking " they are displayed as an alliance? You can click on the count to get the list.

Sarevok wrote:Alliance is different, as it composes of more then 1 player, race could well be individualistic, if you know someones race (assume all are unique) then you would more then likely know their name.

IDK if my suggestion was misunderstood or I did a poor job explaining it.

When you click on "alliance rankings" you get a list of alliances. Under the heading of member count you get a number of people in the alliance. If you click this number you get a list of every member in the alliance.

What I am suggesting is instead of a "race search" option, make the "Race rankings" so that where the header of "count" is, the number is clickable and gives you a list of everyone in that specific race.

Hope that's better.
Would the Admin not then have to add all the races to the Race Ranking page, as opposed to the top 30? Might make turn change slower or something of the sort... I am sure he had a decent reason for not adding them all in the first place. Good idea though if the drawbacks aren't too drastic.

Spoiler
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Ah, so rather then a search, just a listing. Wouldn't that basically make it a 2nd alliance, just on race, instead of "relationship" per say
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

I don't agree with that, but w/e...
Also... @ Emp... it's just an SQL-search, and the page (as long as the basic page settings are given in by admin, but that's a relative easy job) itself would be generated by the database.... not too difficult. Only thing is that he'd need to recreate the layout for some of the other pages, and that would be the slightly harder part...
-Ben
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Empy
Derper

Ya that's what I said, not a hard function to add in... the hardest part would be re-arranging the rankings page to include a Race Search along with Name and ID and whatever else I am missing there.

Spoiler
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

indeed ... bump :)
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
the anger
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: not going to play now
Race: royal marine comando
ID: 666

Definatly agree on this

we do need race wars in TGW

or it will get really boring lol

but we will all still play

i would like to see a search race button althought i think it would be a bit of work to do but worth it ;)
serrin
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Genesis
Race: Time Bandit
ID: 1923274

the anger wrote:Definatly agree on this

we do need race wars in TGW

or it will get really boring lol

but we will all still play

i would like to see a search race button althought i think it would be a bit of work to do but worth it ;)

I doubt it would be hard at all, it would use the same code as the current search function save for the field name it was searching against. The sorting might be a bit different, since you would probably have alphabetical listing versus a ranking system, (or both).
ImageImage
Spoiler
Made ya look :P

Return to “Suggestions Archive”