GunZ' banning by Jack.

Ombudsman Case Archives
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: GunZ' banning by Jack.

This thread is locked until the Ombudsmen and the admins can look at it tomorrow.

The Spam section is back, all 'moderators' currently have permissions within the section.

Jack's permissions will be sorted out tomorrow by Bazsy.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

i'll take a look when i get back this evening to much to read now
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

unlocked, but please stop inflows of post so i can read up please :-)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Jack wrote:
Semper wrote:@ Jack... Oh come off it... whether it was something personal between you and Clarkey or not.. this has been a long time coming for you. You've abused your powers for over a year and that's only the bit I am sure of.. the rest is too subjective to really mention.. but I won't say Clarkey is the first or even second admin to mention your attitude...not to mention the numerous mods.

My attitude? Oh yeah, you mean the fact I wasn't affraid to stand up to people? Kinda like what has been mentioned a hundred thousand times here.

noooo.... #-o

standing up to people.. and attitude are different things. Giving the admins attitude, the mods or people you're modding isn't necessary at all.. and should be done with in more respectful manners. You don't need to 'stand up to' the admins.. you're supposedly on the same team as them. If you're only going to see them as a force to be stood up to.. then it's not hard to see where problems might arise already.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

okey i (finaly) got trough the entire thread (please ppl clifnotes !). and what i can say now is that :

gunz should have taken his vendetta against that thread to this or another section wich is made for the purpous of handleing complaints like this and his replys were spam in that thread.

however i can fully relate to him. he wants best for the forum and i can see why he has problems like a thread being there when being a father. mature ppl are used to more but this is a family game aswell. now i don't completly disagree with jack banning gunz and JT if it was to give them a time to calm down.

the 2nd and 3th warning were just given to gunz when he was posting in full rage. if gunz was not blinded by it on the moment of the post he would have never gotten a 2nd and 3th warning then he would have gone trough the propper chanals.

now what i'm thinking off is to make 1 warning stick and turning 1 into a verbal warning given gunz was a relative clean history on the forum. i'm not out on the 3th warning. but to me a tripple warning on such short time is a bit much. i mean we are only human.

now is my thinking path somewhat agreeable to both mods and users ?
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I can't remember what exactly it was that I said, and I can't really be assed to remember. So I'll just give a run down of the facts.

Gunz was trolling the thread, he was asked to stop by several mods and many users. He then insulted and berated the mods and users. So I stepped in and told him to stop, I also told him where to take his complaints. He refused to comply and as such was warned once, he continued to refuse compliance, and was subsequently warned a second and third time for two other posts.

The Temple has a history of coming down hard on those that seek only to cause trouble, there have been several such people warned and even banned because of it. The Temple has also had a history of coming down hard on those that would insult others in a serious fashion, again, there have been instances where people were warned and banned for it. RDR3777 one of many examples, warned for calling someone an **Filtered**, that wouldn't get you warned in the rest of the forum, but the Temple is sacred ground.

I can't really think of any other examples, and unfortunately with the Temple's deletion, I can't go rummaging for any. But if you ask the misc mods, especially the older misc mods, they will tell that is true that we come down hard on trouble makers.

I think there was another point I wanted to make, but I've forgotten it now.

TL;DR

• Trolling in the Temple is strictly forbidden.
  • Gunz was trolling, told not to.
  • Gunz failed to comply and was warned accordingly.
  • Gunz did not listen and kept on, therefore warned a second time.
  • Gunz again failed to listen, therefore earning himself a third warning, and as a consequence a two week ban.

Semper wrote:noooo.... #-o

standing up to people.. and attitude are different things. Giving the admins attitude, the mods or people you're modding isn't necessary at all.. and should be done with in more respectful manners. You don't need to 'stand up to' the admins.. you're supposedly on the same team as them. If you're only going to see them as a force to be stood up to.. then it's not hard to see where problems might arise already.

@the mods: Case in point. ;)
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Earendil wrote:He was told several times toget out if he had an issue with the thread and/or temple and not just by mods, reducing them would be silly and you might as well just make it tougher to give warnings,which you can't do.

There have been a few instances onthe forums where several warnings were given out over a short period of time.

:-D
Spoiler
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

yes i know it has happened before but i look @ other factors aswell.

- gunz isn't known as a eal troublemaker but he can be hotheaded when he thinks he's right
- up till yesterday he only had gotten 1 warning since 2006 wich i call fairly well behaving as a user
- he should haev known better but don't we all do stupid things when we are in rage ?

now i know gunz he woudn't have stopped if you hadn't banned him. but when given a time to cool down he would have done the right thing
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

moses of romania wrote:
Earendil wrote:He was told several times toget out if he had an issue with the thread and/or temple and not just by mods, reducing them would be silly and you might as well just make it tougher to give warnings,which you can't do.

There have been a few instances onthe forums where several warnings were given out over a short period of time.

:-D

verbal warning for spam in ombudsman section, full warning next time.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

yeah so i would have been for a short ban to give him time to cool down
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

speaking as user: a few hours of ban is better than 3 warnings and a ban...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

zeekomkommer wrote:yes i know it has happened before but i look @ other factors aswell.

- gunz isn't known as a eal troublemaker but he can be hotheaded when he thinks he's right
- up till yesterday he only had gotten 1 warning since 2006 wich i call fairly well behaving as a user
- he should haev known better but don't we all do stupid things when we are in rage ?

now i know gunz he woudn't have stopped if you hadn't banned him. but when given a time to cool down he would have done the right thing

Would you not agree that having a two week vacation from the forums is a cool down time? We can't let people go on rampages just because they have previously been "not so bad."

I mean he had 3 chances from when I showed up to calm down and take it to the appropriate section(which is more than what I give most people, I typically give double warnings for continuing to disobey an order, and they stick). Honestly I think this will be a good learning experience for him. Had he just calmed down and gone to the right place, it would have had a much better outcome. And had he tried to approach the issue in a calm and intelligent matter, it might have even ended in his favor. Let this be a lesson to him, he can not just throw hissy fits in the middle of the floor and expect to get his way, but if you repeal the legitimate warnings and unban him, you will effectively be condoning his actions and he will learn nothing.

Zeratul wrote:speaking as user: a few hours of ban is better than 3 warnings and a ban...

And if I banned him for three hours I would have been fired on the spot for "power abuse," so forgive my abrasiveness, but FRAK THAT.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Earendil wrote:
Zeratul wrote:speaking as user: a few hours of ban is better than 3 warnings and a ban...

yes it is Zera But you also have to see what all has been said as well.

1) he was asked by many not to post and block the temple if he had an issue AND/OR take it the the propper place if he did have an issue
2) he didn't and kept at it
3) he was warned once and kept at it until he was warned two more times.

4) I, as a Mod,feel that he would of kept at it if it was only a short hour ban or so.

...jack said it all before as well...

1 - Most of which were rude and uncompromising however the point stands that in the SPAM temple.. there, by definition, are no rules in regards to keeping on topic and I have seen many occasions where many have opposed a certain type of post (such as thaleks pointless post's with just a smiley in it) however this has been allowed to continue.

2 - I would have too until such a thread was locked or I had at least been given the same respect by which I had approached the issue.. something Gunz did very impersonally and fairly considering his beliefs on the issue and there'd have been hell to pay should I have been warned once, let a lone 3 times and banned.

The first line of the mod dealing with Gunz opened with "shut up now" and was followed with a statement that shares sentiments with "it's my way or the highway because this is my forums".

3 - The first warnings and even some of the basis for the later warnings are questionable due to the fact Jack changed and edited spam section policy during the incident and he did so without an admins approval something which he is not allowed to do (and I can get a quote from an admin to prove that and unless an admin is directly willing to testify contrary to the point I don't think jack had the permissions to make and change such rules at his own discretion).

4 - fair enough.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Then, as an Admin, change the forum rules accordingly and give the mods the right to ban users for a short period of time in order for them to cool down.

As it stands now, the rules do not permit this.

In this light, Jack's actions were the only way to stop GunZ from trolling the forum and posting aggressively in the Temple with the SOLE intention to stir up trouble.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

ok, we'll discuss such with the others... (wording, regulations etc. for it)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Case Archives”