body scanners at airports...what do you think?

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Re: body scanners at airports...what do you think?

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

[KMA]Avenger wrote:if reports about these machines are correct, then they can scan your whole body (biometrics i think its called. correct me if wrong please) beneath your cloths in a VERY realistic picture.

i for 1 find that HIGHLY invasive of my privacy and person, and furthermore think that as far as children are concerned, bordering on paedophilia-if not full blown paedophilia.

i would not subject my family to such blatant acts of invasion of privacy, and couldn't careless about the "terrorist" argument side of this debate. i've flown out to Romania on connecting flights since 9/11 and the war on terror started, and have been on a total of 6 planes and didn't once feel scared or worried in the least. so i will not accept the angle of "what about terrorism", well, all i have to say to that is, if your scared about terrorist you can drive, take a boat or join the army and help rid the world of those MI5, CIA and mossad funded groups!

its wrong full stop!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk-nee ... _news_stmp

to be honest its their to ensure the people going on the plane that their safe maby u feel safe no matter what but little children that saw the 9/11 incident feel scared to go on planes and also some parents and those scanners might not be the best thing but i helps have a safe and restful flight instead of worrying about a terrorist with a death sentence sitting next to you.

i for 1 no mind showing off what my mama made meh its all natural.

ps i also don't think kids should be subjected to scans but the terrorists could abuse that and send kids so do their dirty work so u never knwo they are a positive and negative.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

The Olympics are useing it apparently it has helped out alot with the millions of ppl that are going , apparently theres also millions that want the games to fail who woulda thought :shock:
Spoiler
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

moses of romania wrote:The Olympics are useing it apparently it has helped out alot with the millions of ppl that are going , apparently theres also millions that want the games to fail who woulda thought :shock:

i wouldn't be surprised lol .

eg . jimmy has been training for 10 years to play in the Olympics he went through the qualifiers easily and made it to the last set of the qualifiers he was favored to win and at the end of the race came 5th and did not get a seat n the Grand event jimmy now has to wait 4 more years of hard training to finally get his shot again.

lol thats not a true story but happens to the masses allot i am sure over 100k-1mil people have high hopes to make it and have their shot.when they don't get it i wonder how they feel.and what do u think they would do to show their emotions? :-k

my guess is they would should their emotions through violence.

anyways thats what i think :-$
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Terrorists - The new boogieman!
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

well, this is just 1 more reason why these machines are a waste of money and i will not go through them:
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&ei=n85-S ... d837d0816d

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 56175.html

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Kit-Fox wrote:Simple answer, just fly privately from a private airfield, there are plenty about all over the world.

The benefits include no body scanners and usually very few or no customs officers ;)

That would be a rather expensive solution ... one not many can afford ;)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:well, you could always travel not with a plane...
or travel to somewhere its not required and then hop on a plane...

inconvenient yes, a bit more in cost yes, but if your that worried about privacy and your health can you really put a price on it?

all options i would sooner consider than going through them.

for me its a matter of principal, there is just no way in hell i'll let anyone look at my kids in that much detail, even if the health risks are minimal.

-David Icke
HonoredSLayer
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Bromus Collective
Race: Human.... i think.
ID: 1923330

so what if they were harmless and they did exactly what they do.
would you go through them.
why
doesn't a vibrator come in to mind in this situation. i cant remember if it was a movie or not but in it a guy was checked because they found something on the scanner. they said 9 times out of 10 it was a vibrator.
wouldn't you want to make sure it was a vibrator and not a bomb.
cvernet wrote:I just found out how to post...what a happy day! :D
Andy wrote:you're not black by any chance are you?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

no mate, i dont want to know if its a vibrator or a bomb for the simple reason, i refuse to live in fear, regardless if there is something to fear such as the threat posed by AlCIAda or a manufactured threat. and furthermore, anyone who would prefer to live like that does not deserve life in my humble opinion!

you know what's funny about these scanners, this technology is being introduced because of the threat posed by AlCIAda and global terrorism and the fact we had the underwear bomber incident, and all of a sudden, these machines are ready to go into airports at a moments notice...lucky for us!

i guess the company's that produce these machines are also lucky that an incident happened to justify their use...

its a good job i dont believe in coincidences and i'm not gullible .

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

HonoredSLayer wrote:so what if they were harmless and they did exactly what they do.
why
doesn't a vibrator come in to mind in this situation. i cant remember if it was a movie or not but in it a guy was checked because they found something on the scanner. they said 9 times out of 10 it was a vibrator.

How many terrorist attacks have there been in the last twenty years? 10 world wide(not counting incidents in nations that have had a REAL terrorist problem, like Israel, Iraq etc)?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

Dr. House wrote:
HonoredSLayer wrote:so what if they were harmless and they did exactly what they do.
why

How many terrorist attacks have there been in the last twenty years? 10 world wide(not counting incidents in nations that have had a REAL terrorist problem, like Israel, Iraq etc)?

actually, quite alot.
the 9/11 ofcourse, the guy with a bomb in his shoe, the guy with a bomb in his pants, some hijacke planes, and that's out of the top of my head, and limiting myself to the last decade and to air travel, which has the stringest security measure.
i could go on about cars rigged with explosives in ambessies, trains filled with nerve gas in Japan, trains exploding in spain, again, out of the top of my head.
terror is an international problem, like it or not

anyway, the real questions are:
how many have been prevented?
how many will the new scanners prevent?
and, the tough one: how many lives should be safed for the invasion of privacy to be justified?

i want to see one of you standing infront of the family of a 9/11 victim and explaining to them that your privacy is more important than his life.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
HonoredSLayer
Fledgling Forumer

[KMA]Avenger wrote:no mate, i dont want to know if its a vibrator or a bomb for the simple reason, i refuse to live in fear, regardless if there is something to fear such as the threat posed by AlCIAda or a manufactured threat. and furthermore, anyone who would prefer to live like that does not deserve life in my humble opinion!

apparently your afraid to go through them. you think it marks you don't you. so if a bomb was on your next flight and they didn't check and it went off and everyone on the plane died you would be fine with it.
guess what. you are supposed to live in fear. its what you do with that fear that shows who you are. (your opinion is not very humble by the way)

[KMA]Avenger wrote:you know what's funny about these scanners, this technology is being introduced because of the threat posed by AlCIAda and global terrorism and the fact we had the underwear bomber incident, and all of a sudden, these machines are ready to go into airports at a moments notice...lucky for us!
i thought we already discussed we had them before hand. and you need to stop repeating yourself mate. and yes lucky for us we had them ready to go.
[KMA]Avenger wrote:its a good job i dont believe in coincidences and i'm not gullible .
you read a book by its cover. even if the cover has been ripped off.
HonoredSLayer
Fledgling Forumer

Hitchkok wrote:
Dr. House wrote:
why

actually, quite alot.
the 9/11 ofcourse, the guy with a bomb in his shoe, the guy with a bomb in his pants, some hijacke planes, and that's out of the top of my head, and limiting myself to the last decade and to air travel, which has the stringest security measure.
i could go on about cars rigged with explosives in ambessies, trains filled with nerve gas in Japan, trains exploding in spain, again, out of the top of my head.
terror is an international problem, like it or not

anyway, the real questions are:
how many have been prevented?
how many will the new scanners prevent?
and, the tough one: how many lives should be safed for the invasion of privacy to be justified?

i want to see one of you standing infront of the family of a 9/11 victim and explaining to them that your privacy is more important than his life.

i agree with you man. hey avenger what if you yourself had a brush with a terrorist attack. would you be singing the same tune you do now.
Last edited by HonoredSLayer on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”