Na'vi section discussion

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Na'vi section discussion

Well, the day it becomes a totally non stargate-like game is the day I will quit. :)
I understand Jason issues about copyright, however, what he had to do didn't mean that players had to follow the path to have stargateness of game buried. And this kind of issues about requiring a TOTALLY UNrelated to stargate race to receive a forum section, is typically taking that path. Sure officialness of stargatism is gone, but it doesn't really mean that stargateness behind the changes had to be buried has well. (you might hide the bottle you drink, but you still drink alcohol, -for drinking alcohol on the streets, in some countries-) but if players are now trying to dig further more, then yes, we can say this game will not be stargate related, but hey, that will NOT be Jason's fault then. :) (then you drunk let's say Fanta in a bag like you would for alcohol in some countries, you hid the bottle, so you were technically not forced to change the content of said hiding bag)

Daimon? That could fit Anubis' case. Half descended but not totally.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Legendary Apophis wrote:Well, the day it becomes a totally non stargate-like game is the day I will quit. :)
I understand Jason issues about copyright, however, what he had to do didn't mean that players had to follow the path to have stargateness of game buried. And this kind of issues about requiring a TOTALLY UNrelated to stargate race to receive a forum section, is typically taking that path. Sure officialness of stargatism is gone, but it doesn't really mean that stargateness behind the changes had to be buried has well. (you might hide the bottle you drink, but you still drink alcohol, -for drinking alcohol on the streets, in some countries-) but if players are now trying to dig further more, then yes, we can say this game will not be stargate related, but hey, that will NOT be Jason's fault then. :)
:-k Now where did you get the impression I was blaming Jason? :?

I find it ultimately lacking in creativity to keep tieing this game to Stargate, whereas a multi-race, TRULY multi-race game would be one in it's kind. How many other games do you know that give you complete freedom in roleplaying whatever race you want?! It's always Orks, Elves and other nonsense. This game? One day, you're a Na'vi, the other you're a Fire Elemental, the next you're a Human, as you desire.
I'd urge the race forums be removed completely, save for their historical relevance -read only-, and be replaced by the Roleplaying section.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Radiance wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Well, the day it becomes a totally non stargate-like game is the day I will quit. :)
I understand Jason issues about copyright, however, what he had to do didn't mean that players had to follow the path to have stargateness of game buried. And this kind of issues about requiring a TOTALLY UNrelated to stargate race to receive a forum section, is typically taking that path. Sure officialness of stargatism is gone, but it doesn't really mean that stargateness behind the changes had to be buried has well. (you might hide the bottle you drink, but you still drink alcohol, -for drinking alcohol on the streets, in some countries-) but if players are now trying to dig further more, then yes, we can say this game will not be stargate related, but hey, that will NOT be Jason's fault then. :)
My post wasn't directly only at yours, but regarding fact "stargateness is gone".

I find it ultimately lacking in creativity to keep tieing this game to Stargate, whereas a multi-race, TRULY multi-race game would be one in it's kind. How many other games do you know that give you complete freedom in roleplaying whatever race you want?! It's always Orks, Elves and other nonsense. This game? One day, you're a Na'vi, the other you're a Fire Elemental, the next you're a Human, as you desire.
I'd urge the race forums be removed completely, save for their historical relevance -read only-, and be replaced by the Roleplaying section.

You almost literally described the kind of game (and forums) I don't want to play or be part of! :o
The kind of game empty of any solid indentity, roots and anything of that sort. :smt078
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Radiance wrote:
My post wasn't directly only at yours, but regarding fact "stargateness is gone".

You almost literally described the kind of game (and forums) I don't want to play or be part of! :o
:lol: And this is? lmao..
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

Apophis... come on dude, you didn't even try and defend their section, you just named some one who isn't one and said they were...

Daimons descend themselves... Anubis was sent back by the others...

The Tauri section is dead...
The Daimon section is.. well saying its dead would mean to say it once had life... :/
The Asgard section is dead
The Repli section is... well... program deleted.
The snakes... ACTIVE!

One out of 5... wow...
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Radiance wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:
Radiance wrote:

:lol: And this is? lmao..

It could be...but thanks to last few who still want to stick to the roots...it's still worth visiting.
(waves to the SLC and GE ;) I would have waved at Tauri Warlords or whatever they are called, but they kinda disappeared too :( ...same for RepliNation.. :( )
But I got to admit, it's slowly, but surely, moving towards the kind of game empty of any solid indentity, roots and anything of that sort. :smt078

But again, I do NOT blame Jason!! I have used the metaphor of the hidden bottle to express that despite what admin had to do, it was still quite possible to carry on the identity of the game within new changes.
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
~Vix~
Forum Elder

](*,)
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

~Vix~ wrote:Apophis... come on dude, you didn't even try and defend their section, you just named some one who isn't one and said they were...

Daimons descend themselves... Anubis was sent back by the others...

The Tauri section is dead...
The Daimon section is.. well saying its dead would mean to say it once had life... :/
The Asgard section is dead
The Repli section is... well... program deleted.
The snakes... ACTIVE!

One out of 5... wow...

If there was to be a race that should have deserved to replace Daimons due to extended use for about three years, it would either have been Siths, or Jedis. :)
Spoiler

Spoiler
~Vix~
Forum Elder

and yet it is the Na'vi who have started a process to get the section...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

~Vix~ wrote:and yet it is the Na'vi who have started a process to get the section...

And yet as I said, there's already a roleplay section ready to be used for all the thousand non stargate races related. :)
What if we don't want old race sections to be changed? It's not like there wasn't this quite advertised alternative to solve all your issues of "home to post"!
Even better, there, you would face many different races and be able to roleplay something else every different day of the year.

I don't get this whole thing. Given currently available ressources.
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
~Vix~
Forum Elder

](*,)

You define the term 'broken record'...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

The lot of you.

Explain me why should your race deserve a special section given:
-this phenomenon is quite young in this game
-you don't have that much race members
-there's a roleplay section made for every kind of roleplay, stargate or not, star wars or not...everything, even avatar based!
-this, unlike other race forums, isn't a stargate related race, and race forums are still used, and thus their existance is legitimate.

Now, if we conclude it does:

-on the roleplay forums, you would interact with different races not being only stargate races, and be able to change whenever you want (if the na'vi group was to find a new blockbuster appealing race in few monthes and wanted to change to this race, then we would change sections all the time).
-roleplay forums aren't the most active and I'm sure wouldn't mind your active lot posting in their place.

You would benefit from roleplay forums and it would from you. On the other hand, race forums are still active despite convenient criticisms towards them, and are stargate related, and finally, some people still want to have a little section on those forums related to what this game was for four years (omg what a shock!)

To conclude, given the above, the most fitting place for you to you and from you, are the roleplay forums, with potentially, a subsection of na'vi race roleplay, having your wish granted, and keeping races section stargated, as it used to be. Afterall...why would it be SO MUCH important to have your subsection in race forums?
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Only SL is active :roll: others are not

and only the Na'vi seem to be posting in the roleplay as of late with some help from the assasins we where then told to stop posting some of are threads were locked and we were given one sigle thread to post in

also pretty much the only other race thats posts in the race section is Na'vi mocking the SL lol i dont see the anctients posting in there honor any more :roll:
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Tetrismonkey wrote:
moses of romania wrote:Only SL is active :roll: others are not

and only the Na'vi seem to be posting in the roleplay as of late with some help from the assasins we where then told to stop posting some of are threads were locked and we were given one sigle thread to post in

also pretty much the only other race thats posts in the race section is Na'vi mocking the SL lol i dont see the anctients posting in there honor any more :roll:

I think your confused. The general area of the race forums isn't what he's talking about, but the actual Role Play section. It's there to be used by races, to, roleplay. This game is still strgate related despite the recent updates...

Indeed!
Spoiler

Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

K * runs to spam up everything * ;)
Spoiler

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”