BETA UPDATES 2010

Brothers
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 0

Re: BETA UPDATES MARCH/APRIL 2010

well the top brass rule at the moment in main this to me sounde like they will only get even more powerful , especially with the ms they have onboard.
dannama1
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Faded Empire
ID: 0

It would be preferable to require a majority house vote to remove an alliance from a house, as in its current set up it is theoretically possible for 1 alliance to hold the house on its own, this is possible because after they are elected house leader, and have been for long enough(through treaty or political bribes) they would be able to remove all the other alliances from it, and keep them out by removing them each time they join.

so a situation could emerge wherein for example the omegan empire could hold each house on its own, and deny access to them for any other alliance.
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

As people have said, 4 houses will be exploited. Expanding the number of houses as well as the types of bonuses would go a long way in defusing that exploitation.
You could include the following various bonus types:
bonus to MS
bonus to UP
bonus to income
bonus to strike
bonus to def
bonus to ac
bonus to cov
maybe even a bonus to planets or AT production
It could even be a straight % bonus(determined by how much the house alliances spend from their banks) where the house could divide it up between the different bonus types.
Frankly, houses aren't needed and neither are the bonuses. Take away the bonuses and the only people who will use them are the people who actually wanted them for the original purpose.... to let people know who are in what empires.
I'd also be careful with dropping turns so much and raising the minimum for doing damage to people. At some point your going to skew things so much that 90% of the people will just build big defenses sense it'll be too hard to mass them and things will stall out with no one being hit ever.

Is this all of the uses for the alliance banks?

I will never understand why people complain about the bonuses others get from planets. EVERYONE has the ability to build a counter to whatever planet bonus gives them grief. If you have issues with someone hitting you and suffering less losses because of their planets then build def planets to lower your own losses. Don't complain because your unwilling to match the other person out of laziness or because you chose to build planets geared towards some other aspect.

No one is ever going to match the people riding the various bleeding edges in terms of efficiency and stats. No matter what forum does there will always be someone there, its life deal with it.

PS I agree with Brdavs :shock:
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Wepwaet wrote:I will never understand why people complain about the bonuses others get from planets. EVERYONE has the ability to build a counter to whatever planet bonus gives them grief. If you have issues with someone hitting you and suffering less losses because of their planets then build def planets to lower your own losses. Don't complain because your unwilling to match the other person out of laziness or because you chose to build planets geared towards some other aspect.

No one is ever going to match the people riding the various bleeding edges in terms of efficiency and stats. No matter what forum does there will always be someone there, its life deal with it.

Strange, but I seem to recall complaints during "blahh era" about his planets, that turned afterwards into "stop complaining about it & deal with it" from former complainers when admin "fixed" planets, when it was different kind of "feature" about planets, when it wasn't anymore 10 duals but a single one needed to have massive stats...

To anwer you about doing the same...perhaps...very shocking I know...I might not want to exploit this "feature" because then, I couldn't be able to really criticize it anymore, as I would myself use it? :shock:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
twistie666
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Unknøwn Łegacy
Race: Asgard
ID: 90384

ok guys me and chaos theory really need turns and u all have a quad so if your inactive dont let it go to waste send it top me lol :P 1968908 thats my id
Wepwaet
Forum Regular

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Wepwaet wrote:I will never understand why people complain about the bonuses others get from planets. EVERYONE has the ability to build a counter to whatever planet bonus gives them grief. If you have issues with someone hitting you and suffering less losses because of their planets then build def planets to lower your own losses. Don't complain because your unwilling to match the other person out of laziness or because you chose to build planets geared towards some other aspect.

Strange, but I seem to recall complaints during "blahh era" about his planets, that turned afterwards into "stop complaining about it & deal with it" from former complainers when admin "fixed" planets, when it was different kind of "feature" about planets, when it wasn't anymore 10 duals but a single one needed to have massive stats...

To anwer you about doing the same...perhaps...very shocking I know...I might not want to exploit this "feature" because then, I couldn't be able to really criticize it anymore, as I would myself use it? :shock:

Your right people had knee jerk reactions to what 1 person did... now your talking about 100's of people maximizing a feature and your refusal to change with the times. It's sad that your trying to spin it into EVERYONE ELSE is using an exploit when the simple fact is your unwilling to change and compete like everyone else has. If you haven't been able to convince Forum to redefine it as a bug/exploit/cheat/hack by now chances are your never going to be able to. Again, change with the game or be left behind! ](*,)
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Wepwaet wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

Your right people had knee jerk reactions to what 1 person did... now your talking about 100's of people maximizing a feature and your refusal to change with the times. It's sad that your trying to spin it into EVERYONE ELSE is using an exploit when the simple fact is your unwilling to change and compete like everyone else has. If you haven't been able to convince Forum to redefine it as a bug/exploit/cheat/hack by now chances are your never going to be able to. Again, change with the game or be left behind! ](*,)

Maximizing or exploiting? :-k I would rather say exploiting. Doesn't matter whether it's "legal", it's still exploiting. Just like when people had big coverts, before the covert powers got reduced by admin, due to unrepresentative alliance powers caused by massive covert powers. It was legal...but twisted things.
And it's funny from your post it's sounds like it's ONLY me. I can only grin at this. You should look around and then you would see...oh shock...it's not only me! :shock: But rather several 10s of people, so it's not few people against majority. 8)
Exagerating amount of exploiters and minimizing amount of opposed people is what I get from yourpost.

I choose second option "left behind" ftw. :smt047
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Wepwaet
Forum Regular

[spoiler]
Legendary Apophis wrote:
Wepwaet wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

Maximizing or exploiting? :-k I would rather say exploiting. Doesn't matter whether it's "legal", it's still exploiting. Just like when people had big coverts, before the covert powers got reduced by admin, due to unrepresentative alliance powers caused by massive covert powers. It was legal...but twisted things.
And it's funny from your post it's sounds like it's ONLY me. I can only grin at this. You should look around and then you would see...oh shock...it's not only me! :shock:
Guess...I mentionned it from a quote, so it proves there's at least two people who critize it. :) (far more, of course).

[/spoiler]

Really wheres the 50+ people complaining? I remember the Blahh incident being the dominating thread for a couple days... guess i missed the same with what your trying to spin as an "exploit". When its you against the "whole world" it usually ends up being you thats crazy ;) (and thats figuratively, feel free to add the 2 other people who feel the same as you into the "you" category :lol: )

Edit: Rofl you upped the number of supporters in your post to 10's :lol:
Last edited by Wepwaet on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Wepwaet wrote:[spoiler]
Legendary Apophis wrote:
Wepwaet wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

And it's funny from your post it's sounds like it's ONLY me. I can only grin at this. You should look around and then you would see...oh shock...it's not only me! :shock:
Guess...I mentionned it from a quote, so it proves there's at least two people who critize it. :) (far more, of course).

[/spoiler]

Really wheres the 50+ people complaining? I remember the Blahh incident being the dominating thread for a couple days... guess i missed the same with what your trying to spin as an "exploit". When its you against the "whole world" it usually ends up being you thats crazy ;) (and thats figuratively feel free to add the 2 other people who feel the same as you in the you category :lol: )

Lmao at that post.

March 2010 Poll wrote:Attack/def planets...
are bugged and admin should fix them. 59% 59% [ 22 ] x
are not bugged it's a feature and admin shouldn't fix it. (explain your vote) 41% 41% [ 15 ]

Now now...I'm alone with "two people" vs the whole world? :lol: :lol:

A big grin can be seen on my face atm. :-D
Spoiler

Spoiler
Wepwaet
Forum Regular

Wow 37 people represent the whole server!!
#-o Im not going to tell you how not smart that sounds; try a larger sample of people before pushing a minority viewpoint where only 37 people took the time to vote and almost half disagreed with you. Seriously that just hurts your case even more :roll:
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Wepwaet wrote:Wow 37 people represent the whole server!!
#-o Im not going to tell you how not smart that sounds; try a larger sample of people before pushing a minority viewpoint where only 37 people took the time to vote and almost half disagreed with you. Seriously that just hurts your case even more :roll:

Considering this was in stargatewars general...I don't think so.
If that was another section I MIGHT agree with you it's not "smart"...but you know that section is most visited one..and well it's most likely people like you who voted no...and considering MUCH MORE people don't use planets trick than those who do..

Your case is hurt since the start with your claims of few vs everybody...like if everyone ingame used it and backed it. Now, THAT, is funny.

Wepwaet wrote:Edit: Rofl you upped the number of supporters in your post to 10's :lol:

And yours go downed from "whole game" to less than 20 from those who voted/seen thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wasn't I meant to be the utter minority? :smt047
Spoiler

Spoiler
Wepwaet
Forum Regular

SGW accounts: 72,769
Forum accounts: 8147
Your poll: 37
Answered yes: 22

Now why don't you try telling me how 22 people represent the majority of the SGW accounts or hell even the majority of the forum accounts (even cutting the numbers in half to remove multis)...

The fact that you didn't have more people vote in the most widely used section means NO ONE CARES OR AGREES WITH YOUR VIEW OF IT BEING AN EXPLOIT.
Legendary Apophis wrote:and considering MUCH MORE people don't use planets trick than those who do..

This is an unfounded claim, where is your proof to back it up? Any hard numbers/lists of people/real facts...

Edit:
Legendary Apophis wrote:And yours go downed from "whole game" to less than 20 from those who voted/seen thread!
Wasn't I meant to be the utter minority?

Unfortunately for you the fact that people didn't vote no or even vote at all just proves my point rather than takes away from it.
Last edited by Wepwaet on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Wepwaet wrote:SGW accounts: 72,769
Forum accounts: 8147
Your poll: 37
Answered yes: 22

Now why don't you try telling me how 22 people represent the majority of the SGW accounts or hell even the majority of the forum accounts (even cutting the numbers in half to remove multis)...

The fact that you didn't have more people vote in the most widely used section means NO ONE CARES OR AGREES WITH YOUR VIEW OF IT BEING AN EXPLOIT.

Now why don't you try telling me how 15 people represent the majority of the SGW/forums accounts? (those who are meant to be majority aka supporters of the fact planets should remain this way)

And yet it had 60% of votes from voted ones...so rofl at the capped text. ;) IF this was true, then the few votes would be in favour of no..but guess..it's wasn't! 8)
You aren't really up-to-date with things...nowadays 100s of votes in polls in short time, in this section, are over.

The alliance bank poll is almost 14 monthes old (over a year), started by former GM, sticked for a long time already, and only 300 votes. Proves my point it requires many efforts to get loads of votes.

This is an unfounded claim, where is your proof to back it up? Any hard numbers/lists of people/real facts...

Same as yours to back the opposite... ;)

Wepwaet wrote:
Edit:
Legendary Apophis wrote:And yours go downed from "whole game" to less than 20 from those who voted/seen thread!
Wasn't I meant to be the utter minority?

Unfortunately for you the fact that people didn't vote no or even vote at all just proves my point rather than takes away from it.

People who abstain hardly matter in those votes. it's not political elections.. :roll:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Wepwaet
Forum Regular

You don't seem to understand voter complacency. Where if people are happy with how something is they are less likely to vote in polls and be up in arms about the topic. People who want a change are more likely to vote and take up arms. Your micro poll which isn't even large enough to extrapolate from, doesn't even show a solid trend of outrage since there is only a 7 person difference between the results.

The bottom line is your poll is too small to take seriously and isn't even decisive when you factor in voter complacency. No matter how hard you shout your mole hill isn't going to be a mountain :cry:

And im done trying to convince the blind man that water is wet... regardless of what he tells me :roll:
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Wepwaet wrote:You don't seem to understand voter complacency. Where if people are happy with how something is they are less likely to vote in polls and be up in arms about the topic. People who want a change are more likely to vote and take up arms. Your micro poll which isn't even large enough to extrapolate from, doesn't even show a solid trend of outrage since there is only a 7 person difference between the results.

The bottom line is your poll is too small to take seriously and isn't even decisive when you factor in voter complacency. No matter how hard you shout your mole hill isn't going to be a mountain :cry:

And im done trying to convince the blind man that water is wet... regardless of what he tells me :roll:

You don't seem to understand that people who are happy with something, when they see the opposite of their view is leading on a poll, to defend what they like, they might want to have the tendency change towards their view by voting their stance. :roll:

End of your post, no comment. Would be timewaste.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”