Galactic Council

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

Re: Galactic Council

is it possible that the section be viable to the public, yet only those in the group be able to post

cause here the rub
i think for some(including "lone wolfs") would like to know what being kicked around so they can make suggestions to there representatives on the counsel

i agree that u need to avoid the free for all that these things bring, but i do believe u need some transparency too
Easy^ Rocks
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

i dont mind if its hidden or read only, my thoughts were to be a section for experienced players who actually want to fix some game mechs. being an alliance leader or 2uic doesnt mean he/she is an experienced player and willing to spend time for the whole community.

i ve seen leaders not being able to do a sab tho
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I agree that not every Leader or 2iC are necessarily experienced players, and therefore the 2 positions in the GC for every alliance/empire should be given to those that those alliance/empires feel are the most beneficial/influencial to be on the GC, which isn't necessarily the Leader.

The upside to the GC being visable to all and postable by only the representatives is that everyone can read what is going on and being discussed and if anyone has input they can speak to their representative, like Papa said.

However, with the GC being hidden to all non-representatives it is actually a good "test" of "communication" skills of those appointed as representatives. A good alliance/empire runs on communication, amongst other things. If the chosen 2 representatives are not communicating to their alliance/empires what is being discussed by the GC then there is question as to whether they should be in that position.

I actually like my third paragraph because it gives the representatives a bit more responsibility and shows good or bad (if the case may be) communication within alliances/empires.

As an ex-player I vote it be hidden. :D
Image ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie

got a lil concern, if 20 alliances/emp will send 2 reps then its 40 members , actually its a lot
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:got a lil concern, if 20 alliances/emp will send 2 reps then its 40 members , actually its a lot
That's not a lot really. What is the concern regarding? The concern can't be the number of reps, so what concern can the number of reps produce?
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I guess the concern is, that the more people are involved, the harder the discussion gets as everyone might be pulling in different directions.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
Lithium wrote:got a lil concern, if 20 alliances/emp will send 2 reps then its 40 members , actually its a lot
That's not a lot really. What is the concern regarding? The concern can't be the number of reps, so what concern can the number of reps produce?

the concern is that if we get 100 reps then its the same as the section as its already in the forum. so what it ll change then?
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

the concern is that if we get 100 reps then its the same as the section as its already in the forum. so what it ll change then?
It wouldn't be the same because there are more people on the forum that can use the suggestions forum if they choose to.

If having 2 reps from every alliance/empire gets messy then it should be down to those reps to sort it out amongst themselves, because lets face it, each alliance/empire is going to send the best of the best to communicate these things, so really if the best of the best can't sort out a little problem such a messy discussion then should they really be considered the best of the best and considered for the role or representative. You are all in the GC as a rep for one reason, therefore you should easily be able to focus on that sole reason without it getting overly messy.
Image ImageImageImage
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

After discussion and further thought, the private section is probably not too bad / I dont care anymore.
Just wanted to create a platform for those not involved in the GC to give their thoughts on the matter.
Good luck with it.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

papa~smurf wrote:is it possible that the section be viable to the public, yet only those in the group be able to post

cause here the rub
i think for some(including "lone wolfs") would like to know what being kicked around so they can make suggestions to there representatives on the counsel

i agree that u need to avoid the free for all that these things bring, but i do believe u need some transparency too

There are agents working on a lonewolf coalition and a representitive for them ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Chronus
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

plus we were not planning to secretly submit our ideas to Jason. The plan was always to submit ideas to community at large/Jason for discussion.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”