mods sticking to one name

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): jix

Re: mods sticking to one name

IE forums users who dont know who the mods are?
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

This isn't a doctors office, it's a set of forums for a game.

So far you have given no reason why it's hard for you, or bad, or anything like that. You just want us to all keep the same name, which is fine and I'll listen. You've just kept saying that over and over though... you haven't actually given any real reason WHY. You haven't said why a Mod changing their name is a problem.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

i'm sure i have.

it causes confucsion
the chain of command is'nt clear
it you complained about Túrin Turambar modding would they know its SS (you are SS right?)

so far no mod/admin has given me a vaild reason why you should be aloud to change name so easily apart from you can and you will.
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Connor MacManus wrote:
Jixxi wrote:IE forums users who dont know who the mods are?

Administrators
Global Mods
Moderators // Moderators
Ombudsman

All found at the bottom of Index page

That is MY secretary.

i would bet than 93% to 75% of players using this forum would'nt knowthius either? why are you so dead against just using one name in this forum? i could hazard a guess but i dont want banned.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

what is HVE policy on its forum names and why does it have that?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Connor MacManus wrote:We don't need to provide a 'valid' reason to you. It is only you who have an issue with it.

If you actually looked at his signatures you would know that it is not SS.

why should i seach for the mods real name? and would you like to use the Italic alittle bit more?

why is it forum user like myself asks a simple question about mods, and you all jump into the party line?
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Connor MacManus wrote:Because we all have the same opinion?
no because you all think your are the kings of the castle and you can do whatever you like on this foum (its your own personal play ground) well its not.

give me one very good reason why you should be aloud to change your name every 5 days and i will never post in this topic again
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Jixxi wrote:i'm sure i have.

it causes confucsion
it you complained about Túrin Turambar modding would they know its SS (you are SS right?)

so far no mod/admin has given me a vaild reason why you should be aloud to change name so easily apart from you can and you will.

How does it cause confusion? It still the same person even if he/she changes his/hers name every day. There's is yet to be a valid reason from your part on how or why it would. Please present a valid case.
The chain of command is very clear. We have colors coding that allows you to see which is which.
If you complained about someone's modding then you would factually present the case in hand with quotations of said bad modding rather than say "her or she is a bad mod"

In my opinion, if i have the function to change my name i will use it however i see fit, no one can tell me otherwise regardless of what position I'm in.
Bias Admin colour
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Tetrismonkey wrote:So, this is my suggestion to you Jixxi. If you want something changed or a problem addressed, then you need to find instances where users have been confused by a mods name change. This alone will strengthen your claims. Without this minor piece, your argument is nothing more than a pissing contest.

tetris this is the first post i've ever liked about you.
yes i would be easier if people would come forward and said what i said and i do believe somebody actuely has but if you look back to the history of this page you will see 85% of the posters are admins/mods the vast majorite of the users of this forum are to scared to go up against these people and it understandable why to be perfectly honest the reception i got when i poted this topic would be off putting to most but i dont fear the mods or admins
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

honestly I don't see a flaw with what Jix is saying. Clear communication would be good and you can't exactly have clear communication when people are changing their names constantly. I personally could care less either way, but he has a point.
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Mittenz wrote:

it causes confucsion

How does it cause confusion? It still the same person even if he/she changes his/hers name every day. There's is yet to be a valid reason from your part on how or why it would. Please present a valid case.
The chain of command is very clear. We have colors coding that allows you to see which is which.
If you complained about someone's modding then you would factually present the case in hand with quotations of said bad modding rather than say "her or she is a bad mod"

In my opinion, if i have the function to change my name i will use it however i see fit, no one can tell me otherwise regardless of what position I'm in.

i cant argue with mods your all just going follow the party line. no forum user will go up against you but i will.

Connor MacManus using sacasim to argue your side will not work its the lowest form of wit
    BMMJ13
    Lord of Winterfell
    Alliance: Tauri Alliance
    Race: Tollan
    ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

You give absolutely no reasons why it's bad.

If you want to talk to a mod who made a post or gave you a warning, their name is in the post and you can click on it to pm them.

If you want to talk to a mod's section leader than you can click on their name as above and find their group that is the mod they are, for me it is "General - Battle/FAQ Mods". From there you can click the Group Leader.

If you want to talk to a specific type of mod (admin, global mod, mod) you can click on the links at the bottom of the index page for that type and choose from them.

There is absolutely no case where you would need to know a mods specific name. Either you are trying to talk to any mod, which you can then use the links at the bottom of the page, or you have a reason to talk to a mod and use their post/warning/pm to guide you on who to talk to.
    Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
    Spoiler
    ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Ashu
    Michael Westen
    Alliance: TAF
    Race: Human
    ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Jixxi wrote:
    Mittenz wrote:

it causes confucsion

i cant argue with mods your all just going follow the party line. no forum user will go up against you but i will.

Connor MacManus using sacasim to argue your side will not work its the lowest form of wit

You don't know me yet you assume I'm a bad person. Never in my entire SGW career have I or will I turn down a user or player when he has an issue. Of course you can argue with me, no one should fear mods, we're here to help you and to make the forum as friendly as possible. If you have an issue with me personally feel free to use my MSN or PM me on these boards.
      Bias Admin colour
      Iƒrit
      Forum Addict
      Alliance: The Legion
      Race: System Lord
      ID: 22479
      Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Connor MacManus wrote:
      Iƒrit wrote:honestly I don't see a flaw with what Jix is saying. Clear communication would be good and you can't exactly have clear communication when people are changing their names constantly. I personally could care less either way, but he has a point.

I still, honestly, fail to see people constantly changing their names.

I have seen many mods who have continually changed their names. As I am sure others have as well.
      Jixxi
      Fledgling Forumer

The Joker wrote:You give absolutely no reasons why it's bad..

so all my posts have no merit what so ever?
      The Joker wrote:If you want to talk to a mod who made a post or gave you a warning, their name is in the post and you can click on it to pm them...
      having a clear cut chain of command would serve the community so much better

There is absolutely no case where you would need to know a mods specific name. quote]
      yes there is andi have tried to point it out. thankfully ifrit has come along to back me up

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”