Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

harchester wrote:
RoKeT wrote:
harchester wrote:so much trouble for lil ole me, im flattered :smt047

I do good trades have done for awhile...i only recently became naughty 8-[

It's funny you find it so funny, you do know that I was counting on some of that cash for MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY RIGHT? yeah your so innocent, it's just a game that a 4 year old lost out on her birthday presents because you were a **Filtered** up

LOL Man up..a parent should always have spare cash laying around for the daughter if not then thats your problem not mine

Harch - I dont do sob stories :smt018

LMAO do you know me? do you know my life? do you KNOW HOW HARD IT IS BEING A SINGLE FATHER LIVING BY MYSELF? nah didn't think so... don't talk **Filtered** mate you used to be a friend I stood up for, I have money for my daughter HELL I have cash for her college, but that doesn't mean I'll go to the bank draw it out for a couple hundred dollars of extra **Filtered**, no it would have been nice to get her the extra but I was not able to because your a scum bag

RoKeT... Doesn't do liars...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

RoKeT wrote:
harchester wrote:
RoKeT wrote:
harchester wrote:so much trouble for lil ole me, im flattered :smt047

I do good trades have done for awhile...i only recently became naughty 8-[

It's funny you find it so funny, you do know that I was counting on some of that cash for MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY RIGHT? yeah your so innocent, it's just a game that a 4 year old lost out on her birthday presents because you were a **Filtered** up

LOL Man up..a parent should always have spare cash laying around for the daughter if not then thats your problem not mine

Harch - I dont do sob stories :smt018

LMAO do you know me? do you know my life? do you KNOW HOW HARD IT IS BEING A SINGLE FATHER LIVING BY MYSELF? nah didn't think so... don't talk **Filtered** mate you used to be a friend I stood up for, I have money for my daughter HELL I have cash for her college, but that doesn't mean I'll go to the bank draw it out for a couple hundred dollars of extra **Filtered**, no it would have been nice to get her the extra but I was not able to because your a scum bag

RoKeT... Doesn't do liars...

:smt043
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

lol no point argueing rocket harchester just 1 of them people.. what goes around comes around :smt047

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Yes, Juliette I fully understand he isn't endorsing Harch as a trustworthy trader - and he is only commenting on one instance - but lets not be naive. We both know a lot of players don't fully check the forums, probably don't even know there is a blacklist of traders. Probably assume scammers aren't allowed on the forums. Probably think that a market mod posting they had a good trade with Harch is a good sign.

I just think the forum admin/mods should do more to stop this sort of thing. It starts with not posting what could well be a one-off good trade with a well-known scammer. Harch has finally been put on the black list of traders, but certainly more could be done by the admins to stop this.

Call it a tactic all you want. Say that Kingdom Games bears no responsibility. But if someone is a known and confirmed scammer of considerable sums (heck, who does so with impunity and doesn't even deny it) then they should at least be banned from the forum market, if not from the forums or even the game.

It brings the game into disrepute. It screws real people over in real life. And quite frankly we should try to do more to stop it.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

RepliMagni wrote:Yes, Juliette I fully understand he isn't endorsing Harch as a trustworthy trader - and he is only commenting on one instance - but lets not be naive. We both know a lot of players don't fully check the forums, probably don't even know there is a blacklist of traders. Probably assume scammers aren't allowed on the forums. Probably think that a market mod posting they had a good trade with Harch is a good sign.

I just think the forum admin/mods should do more to stop this sort of thing. It starts with not posting what could well be a one-off good trade with a well-known scammer. Harch has finally been put on the black list of traders, but certainly more could be done by the admins to stop this.

Call it a tactic all you want. Say that Kingdom Games bears no responsibility. But if someone is a known and confirmed scammer of considerable sums (heck, who does so with impunity and doesn't even deny it) then they should at least be banned from the forum market, if not from the forums or even the game.

It brings the game into disrepute. It screws real people over in real life. And quite frankly we should try to do more to stop it.

Well, scammers used to be banned from forums if you remember the old days. Not only market section, but the whole forums. Mainly the $$$ scammers.

Cash scammers should be permabanned from forums. But of course, only the proven/verified-to-guilty accused ones.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Wait, he has had his third banning, let him **Filtered** up again lol he'll get a perma now
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

We had a ruling by Jason on the scammers issue some time ago.

According to his logic, scamming is a legitimate in game tactic. Considering that the scams cannot be proven/disproven by the game admins (as it would require copies of msn convos, access to paypal accounts etc), scammers won't be banned ingame/forums or face any official ingame/forum repercussions. This also means that their trading threads are allowed to stay on the forums.

The mods/users are free to post in the trade threads, pointing out that the trader is a supposed scammer and/or link to a thread describing the scams - without their post being considered spam or off-topic but a legitimate warning to potential victims.

Further, the banning of known scammers will only lead to them registering and trading under new forum names leaving the general public more vulnerable to scams as there would be no link to older feedback threads.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RepliMagni wrote:Yes, Juliette I fully understand he isn't endorsing Harch as a trustworthy trader - and he is only commenting on one instance - but lets not be naive. We both know a lot of players don't fully check the forums, probably don't even know there is a blacklist of traders. Probably assume scammers aren't allowed on the forums. Probably think that a market mod posting they had a good trade with Harch is a good sign.

Good points. I agree, to an extent. I am against perma-banning, but in favour of forcibly removing Market access, for example. (That would mean the Markets need to be invisible to guests as well.. but that would be only a light tradeoff.) Regardless, that is not our call. It's the bosses' call. ;)
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:

Good points. I agree, to an extent. I am against perma-banning, but in favour of forcibly removing Market access, for example. (That would mean the Markets need to be invisible to guests as well.. but that would be only a light tradeoff.) Regardless, that is not our call. It's the bosses' call. ;)

Nice idea. But even if implemented, it would allow scammers access to the market if they register under a new name - with the obvious downside that we would NOT know that they are scammers.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Surely admins could do IP checks?

Anyways, I didn't realise that was Jason's official position on the issue. Weak, but it's his call. 8-[
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we can. but it is unfortunately laughably easy to sneak around IP check.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

deni wrote:Nice idea. But even if implemented, it would allow scammers access to the market if they register under a new name - with the obvious downside that we would NOT know that they are scammers.
True. However, the caveat emptor that 'low post count' accounts are not trustworthy is a pretty good one to keep in mind in that regard. ;)
You are not going to be able to prevent scamming completely, but where the forum is concerned, I do agree with Magni that we could do a little more. :D

(ref. our PM exchange yesterday) ;)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:Further, the banning of known scammers will only lead to them registering and trading under new forum names leaving the general public more vulnerable to scams as there would be no link to older feedback threads.
^^This.

RepliMagni wrote:Surely admins could do IP checks?

Anyways, I didn't realise that was Jason's official position on the issue. Weak, but it's his call. 8-[
You said earlier "lets not be naive" then you go and say somethinmg like this. If a scammer wants to scam, they will do all they can, i.e. proxy their IP. Don't think a simple IP check will resolve this infestation of scammers.
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

You've got to be **Filtered** kidding me. ](*,)
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Meh, whatever. If the game owner doesn't care, and most of the mods feel the same way (Juliette and Roket excepted), c'est la vie.

Have fun Harch. Hope you get lots of $$$ from scamming people in full view of everyone. Heck, might do the same. Need to pay for my hols to Jordan next year. :smt105

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”