Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Complaint against Haz

Haz wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:
Guild wrote:haz is gettin carried away all over of late tbh,

mass him ingame fm , in cloud under the doctor :)

rofl forums are made to piss people off, and just mass em ingame if they warn you for the lulz

better not be you clarkey who warns me :P

yea cava sounds good general riv

Massing me for doing my job... wow... Or he could do the right thing, and appeal his warnings... oh wait, whats this? He's doing it now :D [/quote]

absolutely ! :D politicians get assasinated all the time for doing their job

noone made you be a mod... :-D

id be massin clarkey all the time if he still had an account
Last edited by Guild on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

General Riviera wrote:I got one yesterday. I like them from Haz though, they excite me in a weird twisted sexual way.

Sorry, I'm taken :P

Anyways, time to sleep, I'll respond to any more posts later in the morning... I should have been sleeping 5 hours ago >.<
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

"Coq" is not an insult word in french. You don't have the same double sense as in English causing people to use rooster instead (the used translation is rooster for "coq", but you don't have other way to name it than "coq").
As for "nez de coq" I don't know what it could mean. :? It's not an insult (as far as I know).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:Since two acronyms Im sure I used before now get replaced with letters missing Im curious whats allowed now so Im gonna go all pottymouth for a minute to see what words get through lol

Going alphabetical so you'll have to guess the ones blocked, if you cant guess them you got a very clean mind... well done, if you guess them all you got a dirty mind, and if you can think of ones I missed you mind is filthy lol

A
Arse
*Filtered*
B
Bastard
**Filtered**
Bugger
C
Crap
**Filtered**
Cunny
D
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
F
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
J
Jackoff
K
Knob
L
Limpdick
M
**Filtered**
P
Prat
Prick
**Filtered**
S
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
Slapper
**Filtered**
Snatch
T
**Filtered**
W
**Filtered**
**Filtered**

They may not be filtered but it doesnt mean they are allowed to be used. Its all about context.

@Guild, sorry to disappoint. :smt056
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

MEZZANINE wrote:Since two acronyms Im sure I used before now get replaced with letters missing Im curious whats allowed now so Im gonna go all pottymouth for a minute to see what words get through lol

Going alphabetical so you'll have to guess the ones blocked, if you cant guess them you got a very clean mind... well done, if you guess them all you got a dirty mind, and if you can think of ones I missed you mind is filthy lol

A
Arse
*Filtered*
B
Bastard
**Filtered**
Bugger
C
Crap
**Filtered**
Cunny
D
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
F
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
J
Jackoff
K
Knob
L
Limpdick
M
**Filtered**
P
Prat
Prick
**Filtered**
S
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
Slapper
**Filtered**
Snatch
T
**Filtered**
W
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
There are so acronyms on the filter, but using an acronym does not count as masking. So even if you said FUALL, and wanted to use an incorrect meaning (because it stands for Fundamentally Unbreakable Alliance) then it wouldn't be masking or wrong at all.

Also to make it easier to find out if a word is filtered, you can type it in then hit preview and it will either show as filtered or not in the preview, depending.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:smash this coqnose

If it's so bad, then why would you allow it to get through the word filter by quoting it? Are you not responsible for the content of your posts now?

Unless you now feel it is justified?

This forum is English-Only for a reason. The filter must be updated manually by the staff, and usually after much discussion as to what warrants inclusion to the filter. We cannot include every profanity known to every language.

Legendary Apophis wrote:"Coq" is not an insult word in french. You don't have the same double sense as in English causing people to use rooster instead (the used translation is rooster for "coq", but you don't have other way to name it than "coq").
As for "nez de coq" I don't know what it could mean. :? It's not an insult (as far as I know).
Again, this is why we do not allow for foreign languages on this forum. Those who do not speak the language can only go based upon direct translation applications/websites. Anyone who is even a little bi-lingual knows that direct translation is often skewed. In this case, a word was used that can be used as an American synonym for "rooster". Unfortunately, Americans also use that same word as a synonym for penis. Said term is on the filter because roosters are rarely topics of conversation on this forum.

Juliette will be making the final determination on this matter and she has been informed of my opinion.

If you do not know if a word is on the filter or not, you do not need to actually post to find out; as Empy has said, merely selecting Preview will answer your question. Please refrain from testing the filter in this thread. We have been tolerant to your spam thus far, but do not think we will not begin to issue warnings if you make posts that do not pertain to the discussion at hand.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Since when was 'cunny' a word and an expletive at that? And 'snatch'? Lol. Who compiled that list?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

If it's so bad, then why would you allow it to get through the word filter by quoting it? Are you not responsible for the content of your posts now?

This forum is English-Only for a reason. The filter must be updated manually by the staff, and usually after much discussion as to what warrants inclusion to the filter. We cannot include every profanity known to every language.

Legendary Apophis wrote:"Coq" is not an insult word in french. You don't have the same double sense as in English causing people to use rooster instead (the used translation is rooster for "coq", but you don't have other way to name it than "coq").
Again, this is why we do not allow for foreign languages on this forum. Those who do not speak the language can only go based upon direct translation applications/websites. Anyone who is even a little bi-lingual knows that direct translation is often skewed. In this case, a word was used that can be used as an American synonym for "rooster". Unfortunately, Americans also use that same word as a synonym for penis. Said term is on the filter because roosters are rarely topics of conversation on this forum.

Juliette will be making the final determination on this matter and she has been informed of my opinion.

If you do not know if a word is on the filter or not, you do not need to actually post to find out; as Empy has said, merely selecting Preview will answer your question. Please refrain from testing the filter in this thread. We have been tolerant to your spam thus far, but do not think we will not begin to issue warnings if you make posts that do not pertain to the discussion at hand.

It is NOT profanity and hence my point.

It means rooster as in Coq au vin, it's a small feathered animal. Usually relatively colourful and extremely tasty. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coq_au_vin)

Tolerant to my posts? I think you are being a little ignorant there to be honest. I have 4 warnings (?) in almost 3000 posts and if using a couple of French words in a post constitutes "tolerance" then you are highly misinformed about me. I come here in order to not be judged by biased at least Haz half knows me and casts assertion by proof. I am glad it is Juliette who will be casting the final comment and not you if you wish to take that attitude. If I am wrong, please feel free to point me to why you have come to this conclusion.

Also, whilst you are here. Could you kindly confirm whether the use of the word which is supposingly profanity :roll: is authorised to be used in the Ombudsman corner, because I cannot see that in the rules. Therefore, if somebody could kindly apply a warning point to Haz. It would be appreciated...it is the same punishment that I have recieved by proxy.

Without prejudice.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Field Marshall wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

It is NOT profanity and hence my point.

It means rooster as in Coq au vin, it's a small feathered animal. Usually relatively colourful and extremely tasty. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coq_au_vin)

Tolerant to my posts? I think you are being a little ignorant there to be honest. I have 4 warnings (?) in almost 3000 posts and if using a couple of French words in a post constitutes "tolerance" then you are highly misinformed about me. I come here in order to not be judged by biased at least Haz half knows me and casts assertion by proof. I am glad it is Juliette who will be casting the final comment and not you if you wish to take that attitude. If I am wrong, please feel free to point me to why you have come to this conclusion.

Also, whilst you are here. Could you kindly confirm whether the use of the word which is supposingly profanity :roll: is authorised to be used in the Ombudsman corner, because I cannot see that in the rules. Therefore, if somebody could kindly apply a warning point to Haz. It would be appreciated...it is the same punishment that I have recieved by proxy.

Without prejudice.

I apologize if I was not clear in my post.

My opinion is that the word is not profane and therefore does not violate any rules of the forum. My statement was about why a word may or may not be on the filter, not about whether the word this issue relates to should be added to it. I did not intend to imply the word should be added to the filter.

The tolerant comment was not directed at you. It was a statement in regards to certain posts within the topic which have no place here. Such as the following:
[spoiler]
General Riviera wrote:Since when was 'cunny' a word and an expletive at that? And 'snatch'? Lol. Who compiled that list?
And

A
Arse
*Filtered*
B
Bastard
**Filtered**
Bugger
C
Crap
**Filtered**
Cunny
D
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
F
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
J
Jackoff
K
Knob
L
Limpdick
M
**Filtered**
P
Prat
Prick
**Filtered**
S
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
Slapper
**Filtered**
Snatch
T
**Filtered**
W
**Filtered**
**Filtered**
[/spoiler]
I won't be warning Haz for his use of the term within this section of the forum. Primarily, this is because I do not believe it is a warnable offense. Also, there is a bit of an unwritten understanding in the Ombs area that posts/comments/etc related to the warning can be reposted without consequence. This allows the Ombudsman to view the original comment/image/post which a Mod felt was warnable without the user receiving an unfair additional warning for appealing their case.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Lol i think anyone would see Psyko's post about tolerance was clearly directed at the spam in this thread. Why the author would think the world revolves around him is beyond me.
Image ImageImageImage
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

There are insults without 'insult words' in certain contexts, and 'insult words' that aren't insults in certain contexts. The context of Field Marshall's post doesn't make it clear to me if it was a joke or insult. In Haz's (Haz' ? Dumb apostrophe rules.) defense, that rule, if interpreted too loosely, would not be useful at all.

Andy! wrote:In the case of LMAO, the poster could be reffering to the band "LMAO" in which it stands for "Loving My Friends And Others" (Mezz said that acronym allowed it through the filter)

And FAQ could mean something pretty derogatory, depending on what words the user chooses for F and Q. Don't push the gray areas and expect to not come away without getting in trouble.

Don't poke the bear ;)
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Clarkey wrote:Lol i think anyone would see Psyko's post about tolerance was clearly directed at the spam in this thread. Why the author would think the world revolves around him is beyond me.

Remember when we talked about posts that are helpful? Ones that add to the discussion instead of instigating more drama...? ](*,)
ramen07 wrote:

There are insults without 'insult words' in certain contexts, and 'insult words' that aren't insults in certain contexts. The context of Field Marshall's post doesn't make it clear to me if it was a joke or insult. In Haz's (Haz' ? Dumb apostrophe rules.) defense, that rule, if interpreted too loosely, would not be useful at all.
The warning issued was for Profanity. Not Abuse/Racism. Therefore the point is moot.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Eärendil wrote:Hm.

To cut the drama for a bit, although this is entertaining, I believe this can be locked as I know FM did not follow the proper course for posting here.

Excuse me?

I PMed him and yes prehaps I could have engaged the conversation a bit more, we were hitting a brick wall. Therefore I felt escalation was necessary.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Field Marshall wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Hm.

To cut the drama for a bit, although this is entertaining, I believe this can be locked as I know FM did not follow the proper course for posting here.

Excuse me?

I PMed him and yes prehaps I could have engaged the conversation a bit more, we were hitting a brick wall. Therefore I felt escalation was necessary.
He's saying you were supposed to talk to me next.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

higher ya go stronger ya hit the wall....
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Case Archives”