Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

Re: Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

Lore wrote:Ascended use to be a game a casual player could play, but that is quickly going away now. Casual players are dead meat in tournaments, have little chance to get a Demi at auction, and I don't know the odds of finding a Demi, since I still have not seen one. Maybe one day you will give everyone the same opportunity to have Demi's.

Its a tournament, casual players shouldn't enter into it, as you clearly stated it requires activity.

Cant wait for the next Arena, I enjoyed playing in this one.
ID 52142
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Love the idea really like it.

Maybe a teamdeathmatch next time as well.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

the arena requires a different style of gameplay , which makes it much more exciting to play, keeps it all fresh

well done sol for doing this for all of us, taking time out of your personal lfe for no gain of your own :) its much appreciated by most...

like the idea of team deathmatch
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Calibretto wrote:Love the idea really like it.

Greetings! Its been a very very long day Calibretto! :smt021

I think a team deathmatch would be a great idea but i'd like it to be random team tournament so you basically get grouped and team a fight team b, team c fight team d, winner fights winner fights winner rinse repeat. However, quite costly in server and manpower time (teams would have to be evenly balanced by Sol before play commences). That being said i would gladly pay something like an entry fee (i'm not going to say publically what i would spend as it would be rude). I'd definately pay, though.

Guild wrote:well done sol for doing this for all of us, taking time out of your personal lfe for no gain of your own :) its much appreciated by most...

/signed
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Calibretto
Forum Expert

GhostyGoo wrote:
Calibretto wrote:Love the idea really like it.

Greetings! Its been a very very long day Calibretto! :smt021

Guild wrote:well done sol for doing this for all of us, taking time out of your personal lfe for no gain of your own :) its much appreciated by most...

/signed

Greetings my friend :D , I really had a lot of fun untill now. Anyway, if it would become a teamdeathmatch it should be free for alliances or another setup. Its really cool and I like it.

Teamdeathmatch: more winners, more prizes, really exciting as is this tournament.

Its funny how I noted people play/talk. Its all like:

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.... :roll: :smt081

Wait..I can explain.. :smt017

Anyway, this is my first time in the tournament. Its awesome.
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Guild wrote:the arena requires a different style of gameplay , which makes it much more exciting to play, keeps it all fresh

well done sol for doing this for all of us, taking time out of your personal lfe for no gain of your own :) its much appreciated by most...

like the idea of team deathmatch

True, it keeps it fresh. Would be also great for main, maybe.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I'm really glad you've enjoyed it mate...i talk to anyone who'll talk to me...especially after a bloody and vicious battle - best to leave the bad blood on the battlefield and shake hands after ;)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Naminef
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TDD
ID: 65625

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well thus far from what I can tell..SOL is doing what he wants to do and is ignoring the feedback from the players that are not in his little clique. KNOCK IT OFF SOL THINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DONE THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THEM.

/disagree

Nice job SOL
Calibretto
Forum Expert

GhostyGoo wrote:I'm really glad you've enjoyed it mate...i talk to anyone who'll talk to me...especially after a bloody and vicious battle - best to leave the bad blood on the battlefield and shake hands after ;)

I was like:

Yes a little bit more destruction, a few more hits cmon..CMON!!! YEAH ALMOST!!
And then :smt017 :smt010 crap phased... :neutral: ye was expecting it tbh...

Sigh..ok well just wait a few minutes, quick right after TC I spy him.

result...retraind hundreds of millions into defense...damn! :smt022

Anyway, its really cool, love the tension.

To the creator of the tournament =D>
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Calibretto wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:I'm really glad you've enjoyed it mate...i talk to anyone who'll talk to me...especially after a bloody and vicious battle - best to leave the bad blood on the battlefield and shake hands after ;)

I was like:

Yes a little bit more destruction, a few more hits cmon..CMON!!! YEAH ALMOST!!
And then :smt017 :smt010 crap phased... :neutral: ye was expecting it tbh...

Sigh..ok well just wait a few minutes, quick right after TC I spy him.

result...retraind hundreds of millions into defense...damn! :smt022

Anyway, its really cool, love the tension.

To the creator of the tournament =D>

Shhhh! Don't tell them all how to play :P
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Sol
Forum Addict

Unfortunately i'm doing 2nd year engineering parallel to upholding ascended, I don't exactly have the free time on my hands like I did during the end of year days.

The idea of the tournament was to have a fast paced hit of fun, that still lets people compete (insert realm alert/ phasing here), can't forget when someone logs in they fully unphase themselves. The whole main and ascended (and basically everything admin makes) are about taking your time, slow paced evolution etc and all that bullcrap, there needed to be a time when you would actually stay up and plow through the night like you used to during wars on main, and a place where skill and tactics were brought back in, similar to how main used to be. After all this is a turn based game, what is it without tactics?
So i made the tournament, a durable field of play. I won't change the game play in the tournament until the base form is as straight as a die, but I was flipping up between two styles for the next gameplay change in the tournament, 1 was the whole tag team/ partner deal, and the other was a sort of zombie/infection spreading dealio.

And for those people that **Filtered** about not having the time for the tournaments; there will be more, we have had 3 already, so you are bound to jump in on one.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:there needed to be a time when you would actually stay up and plow through the night like you used to during wars on main, and a place where skill and tactics were brought back in, similar to how main used to be. After all this is a turn based game, what is it without tactics?

Your mission was a complete success, i've not had this much fun for about 5 years. I've been at it hammer and tong since 05:33 gametime. Its been f u r i o u s.

Awesome. I for one am very very grateful Sol.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

GhostyGoo wrote:
Sol wrote:there needed to be a time when you would actually stay up and plow through the night like you used to during wars on main, and a place where skill and tactics were brought back in, similar to how main used to be. After all this is a turn based game, what is it without tactics?
Your mission was a complete success, i've not had this much fun for about 5 years. I've been at it hammer and tong since 05:33 gametime. Its been f u r i o u s.
Awesome. I for one am very very grateful Sol.
I am in agreement. :-D (Yes, agreement is in Kansas these days.)
Calibretto
Forum Expert

SoL, if you have the time, please create a top 10 of tournamentplayers as well, its fun.

:smt060
Sol
Forum Addict

Calibretto wrote:SoL, if you have the time, please create a top 10 of tournamentplayers as well, its fun.

:smt060

top 10 of what mate? most kills?

And thanks to all the thanks, much appreciated.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”