Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

For noobs and people who know how to help noobs

This may be out of place, but why not remove the 1/5th/*5 rule for anyone under 3 bill planets? this would greatly help their early farming.

I would also suggest a new player never build anything to kill and untrain everything at every log off.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: For noobs and people who know how to help noobs

Lore wrote:This may be out of place, but why not remove the 1/5th/*5 rule for anyone under 3 bill planets? this would greatly help their early farming.

Not the thread to post it in but i'm naughty so i'll reply to it. If I allowed it for that case then i would be better to remove it entirely, I have no real care if I were to remove it or not, but it's there to protect the noobies from getting their planets slaughtered and taking another eternity for them to rebuild. Perhaps I can make it void for accounts that havent been logged into over x amount of days.....
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Increase the realm size growth limit

Sol wrote:also.....what was the original idea of the thread? Because I think another issue was summoned..
- Noobs taking too long to get up to speed with the rest of humanity
or
- Users in general are finding it hard to get DMU

The idea was to provide a way for to diminish the huge account gaps between the oldest and the newest accounts. This does go hand in hand with lack of DMU as well as it can't really work with the shortage of DMU.

About the CER - linking CERs to top CER is the only real way to ensure this problem doesn't happen again. That way as the game grows the farms automatically grow as well. Any other solution is just a short-term fix I believe.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

How is there a shortage of DMU?

Can't you say the same about main then?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
Lore wrote:This may be out of place, but why not remove the 1/5th/*5 rule for anyone under 3 bill planets? this would greatly help their early farming.

Not the thread to post it in but i'm naughty so i'll reply to it. If I allowed it for that case then i would be better to remove it entirely, I have no real care if I were to remove it or not, but it's there to protect the noobies from getting their planets slaughtered and taking another eternity for them to rebuild. Perhaps I can make it void for accounts that havent been logged into over x amount of days.....

So once again we are spoon feeding noobies?

We want to make them as large as the older accounts while protecting them so they don't get hurt?

I was referring to DMU farming by the way, not sure if it was seen as DMU farming or Raiding. The rule is 1/5th or 5 times correct? Why can it not be written in a manner that states 1/5th or 5 times with a 1.5 bill minimum, or a 3 bill minimum? The cap starts at 3 bill correct? With a 3 bill minimum that puts ALL new accounts in the same basket meaning from day 1 you can farm every account 3 bill or less in size. That is plenty of farms. With the new update making untrained create income its more then enough. New accounts should not be able to farm in the quads. They should have to start in the trillions and that is completely possible to do in the 3 bill planets or less categories. If your honest with yourself, if you started today with a brand new account in ascended with every account 3 bill or less open to you within 1 month you would be breaking the 3 bill mark. Meaning you can farm 15 bill and down. You think this is to slow?

Feel free to split this, I am fine with that. Put it where it belongs.
Reason, youll get dead.
Drought
Forum Expert

Duck Dodgers wrote:How about increasing all < 1b planets to 1b, and give new players 1b planets after first ascension ?

Sol wrote:
@DD, a thought, not bad as well, perhaps I will, but maybe 100 mill odd, something small.

I would go for at least an amount, which times 5 would bring one closer in the 'decent' farming ranges.

To have a larger amount of planets from the get go (and nothing else but some turns and small supply of DMU) will get you started a lot faster.

100m would be small still, perhaps more like 500m ? (able to hit people with 2,5B planets)

Player advantages:

Quicker in range of good farm targets.
Able to build up something that resembles a defense and or strike.
Generate your own income right after first ascension, to be able to build up some in the first 48 hours (ppt).
Players can experiment with their planets and what not right from the get go, so instead of waiting days on end before you can actually do any meaningful action.
More people who build up higher income.

The same approach was used on main and so far it has worked pretty well.

If untrained planets would generate a little more income too, that would solve more of the declining DMUs out as well.
Though ... I would say the decline is more of a direct result from activity simply picking up (thanks Sol ;) ) more people playing ascended, more getting farmed, lower amounts to hit for becomes standard. One could safely say, those who played ascension the last two years actively were lucky.

I think not having to wait weeks before you can do something that actually looks like long term investments for playing, will be a great incentive to play for those starting again or new.
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
Sol wrote:

So once again we are spoon feeding noobies?

We want to make them as large as the older accounts while protecting them so they don't get hurt?

If they are as large as the other/older accounts, then they wont be protected will they?

Lore wrote:I was referring to DMU farming by the way, not sure if it was seen as DMU farming or Raiding. The rule is 1/5th or 5 times correct? Why can it not be written in a manner that states 1/5th or 5 times with a 1.5 bill minimum, or a 3 bill minimum? The cap starts at 3 bill correct? With a 3 bill minimum that puts ALL new accounts in the same basket meaning from day 1 you can farm every account 3 bill or less in size. That is plenty of farms. With the new update making untrained create income its more then enough. New accounts should not be able to farm in the quads. They should have to start in the trillions and that is completely possible to do in the 3 bill planets or less categories. If your honest with yourself, if you started today with a brand new account in ascended with every account 3 bill or less open to you within 1 month you would be breaking the 3 bill mark. Meaning you can farm 15 bill and down. You think this is to slow?

So you want to impose a threshold instead? I could roll with that i suppose.

Some time ago people could easily farm 20 quad a run, I reckon it's quite smaller than that now since I started making ascended - somewhat- better. Can't forget there are far far less accounts here than on main, fewer still have any sort of income due to nobody caring about ascended, when they ascend.

The actual income you get from untrained planets is pitiful relative to that of the income planets if you haven't already looked at it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:How about increasing all < 1b planets to 1b, and give new players 1b planets after first ascension ?

Sol wrote:
@DD, a thought, not bad as well, perhaps I will, but maybe 100 mill odd, something small.

I would go for at least an amount, which times 5 would bring one closer in the 'decent' farming ranges.

To have a larger amount of planets from the get go (and nothing else but some turns and small supply of DMU) will get you started a lot faster.

100m would be small still, perhaps more like 500m ? (able to hit people with 2,5B planets)

Like all 'help noobie' updates though you have to find the fine line between giving them what the need and what they want. 100 mill is enough to get them started, if they want more they will have to work for it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

I know i prolly should of read all the 3 pages, but it's also 1:40am so i also should be all tucked up in bed dreaming about Scarlet Johanson, so lets call it even. The growth size limit really shouldn't be lifted. There's lots of reasons for it also! It acts as a great 'second thoughts...' mechanism for random massing on Asc, if it's a large account you do have to think 'It's going to be 4days until i have my army back to even...' It also lets the young 'uns build up someone quickly, but stops them at a nion-perfect size so that they don't get ahead of them selves. Providing they have a good commander, or a good alliance to help them out, after the week or two (or three of four) to get to 3b size, they should of learnt the vast majority of the game mechanics. 3b planets, with the current x5 rule, well that seems fair. I'm around 11.4b in army size, i think, it's to late to check. I'm sure if i was down to 3b planets, i could still farm a great amount of DMU off accounts <15b. As a 11.4b players, i think the vast majority of my farms are made up of players <15b.

I agree with you, Sol; but i also agree with Duck Dodgers (What a weird sentence.) I think the starting amount of planets does have to be increased, at the moment the first week or so is so frustrating for new accounts it's unreal! I've had to strongly... er... convince (?) some of my officers to keep at it on the notion of 'Trust me, once you get past the 1/5 - x5 BS, it's a great server!'. However, i do also think that giving the people what they want, and giving them what they need is a massive difference. The people want as much as you'll give, if you say 500m, they'll take it, if you say 1b, well, they'll take it but we'll facepalm. Then again, is 100m really enough? I'm not so sure. I think possibly giving them around 200m units and increasing their CER to 25,000,000 a day as a start would be a good start. The 200m units allows them to start hitting the <1b accounts almost instantly, should get some good (ok) hits from there. The 25m CER ain't great, but it should give them a hint, and a hand in the right direction.

In any case, the realm growth % should not be increased, or decreased in anyway. People on main don't start with 300m armies and Covert 36 so that they can get a good start on the older players. One of my officers, BSPC, ascended around about 2months ago, maybe less, his levels are all getting close to 700/800. His CER is around 400-500m i think and his army size is around 6.5b. That's just after a month and a bit/2months. New players, in terms of army size, can catch up on ascended in no time at all. I see accounts with <5b that have ID's spanning back years ago. It's just about being willing to actually play it. Farm one time, every other day, and your account will make a change for the better. Asking to increase it, just a silly/lazy suggestion. I'd guess/bet the planet size of the person who suggested this would either be about to hit 3b, or just went over it.

It's now almost 2am, I've wrote this whilst being 10% awake, 90% nodding off, so sorry if I didn't make any sense or drifted, i do that... a lot.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

First SC - read the whole thread before you make comments because you'll find a lot of your pre-judgings are wrong as it would help down everyone equally, in relative sense, and absolute sense means they huge span between planets amounts would be reduced but not to a point it'd make all the work by the oldest pointless as newest accounts would still have to work hard to start closing down the gap.

PS: Military Records and Achievements Since 22:43:01 on 15th of Feb 2012: Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 17,704,780,412 (by me)
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 15,904,808,509 (to me)

Current size is a bit over the 3b but that's because of my tactic in which I allow myself to lose 5b planets per month due to the kind of farming I do and you'll see I have done this in the last few days.
Granted I don't have the best account as I wasn't really active at one point for a year, until Sol has taken control over ascended and started to work on it, and I've got only 530mil CER, but I'm not exactly the smallest who hasn't worked to get the account to where it's at so believe me I'm not doing this for myself. Don't assume everyone's selfish.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:Current size is a bit over the 3b but that's because of my tactic in which I allow myself to lose 5b planets per month due to the kind of farming I do and you'll see I have done this in the last few days.

~N

Well ~N~ I hate to say it but you just proved my point I was trying to make in the other thread.

It might be different if you could not untrain everything, or if you couldn't train everything into 1 stat. But this idea hands the sniper accounts everything they need. Log in, build up strike with every planet you have, farm, log out. This now makes it where you can raid all the planets back you burnt farming last time so you instead of having to farm every other day or every 3rd day you can farm daily. With the AT limit raised to 4K now its not much of a limiting factor. This also stops the only defense from sniper accounts, and that is lowering their planet counts enough they can not hit you. Adding farming means they can stay in striking range 24/7.
Reason, youll get dead.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

What I do is the only way I can acquire the naq needed to actually begin catching up. That's the only way it's possible ;) And raiding would definitely not be as easy as it was before ;)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “Ascended General”