Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

Mathlord wrote:Another question...will this new account in main have a corresponding ascended account, or will it have the powers of an ascended account without the ability to be descended? If you tie it in with a pre-built main account, then it can have an ascended account associated with it, whose descension may affect both the original main and the new "newgrounds" main account. Even if that's the case, someone may invest in just getting a newgrounds account instead and never have to worry about being descended ever.

If it gets its own ascended account, then we now have 4 accounts we must deal with at a time...getting hairy...

never thought of this. perhaps once an ascended ng account is created, the user has an opportunity to merge it with an existing main ascended account in order to reduce it to 3, if this is descended, both main accounts are descended.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

I mean that would get complicated too...odds are you should be given a separate ascended account to go with it, or watch people flock in droves to building up their now undescendable newgrounds account...getting to 38/38 would only cost a few hundred dollars, the sky is the limit after that.

I look forward to seeing who will try to power through the newgrounds ascensions as fast as possible to test all of this out...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

i am, but im not the most active, so im sure somebody will beat me there.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

SuperSaiyan wrote:The last meet I was at (or the one before it) Jason said it would come with an ascended account that would be from scratch.

So I guess you get two multis, one for each server.

^ what the pirate said.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

How will you guys deal with it when someone with same username/password/email combo ascends to main, how do you differentiate between them when logging in?
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: "Legal" Multi Accounts

Has Admin Jason ruled on whether or not those of us with Main Server accounts are allowed to have a Newgrounds account or two in addition to our Main Server account?

(As this raises the possibility of fighting 3 accounts on ascended, per person...
versus me, with one ascended account.)

I am not inherently opposed to multiple accounts, provided that each are different,
like the old unascended races, and, more importantly, strictly for learning purposes,
and follow all of the following guidelines, and whatever else is thought of.

ie: max army size: 5 mil, aka, pitiful.
max mothership: pitiful.
max covert levels: pitiful.
and all other things: pitiful.

trading: person to person trading, direct sending, and brokers:
limited to 1000 naq, 100 uu, and no more than 10 Attack Turns?

PPT: lol, maybe, but only with major restrictions,
like a public counter on the stats page:
this realm will be dropping PPT in 23:55:34 / 1,435 minutes.

alliances, CO - officer relationships: :roll: :smt043 HELL NO.

IP sharing: :roll: :smt043 HELL NO.

Proxy Servers: :roll: :smt043 HELL NO.

$$: just for the privilege and the cost of keeping the users in line...
maybe even open a separate newgrounds-like server, but with no direct connection to Main, etc.

Must register and declare all of your holdings with the Nox Guards, aka, dedicated Admins, no exceptions.

Bed checks: nightly. :smt117

I think that I would make a decent bureaucrat. ;)
Last edited by Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

U do realize its gonna take over 12 months,(most likely) to get from Newgrounds to Main?

Will still be restrictions on attacking etc from same IP.

There is another thread I believe!
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

i thought newgrounds ascended to ascended, and that you could have two newgrounds accounts?

:smt017
Imperius
Forum Intermediate

Nope.

When you ascend finally in NG, u get a Main account.
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Imperius wrote:U do realize its gonna take over 12 months,(most likely) to get from Newgrounds to Main?

Will still be restrictions on attacking etc from same IP.

There is another thread I believe!

because those restrictions already work so well?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Imperius
Forum Intermediate

They do, reasonably. If no exceptions were made available, which they aren't going to be in NG.

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Merged. Discussion is to remain in this thread.

Your banners are funny, Tetris.
Not going to change anything, but I wholeheartedly agree, multies are illegal.
NG-Main-accounts, however, are not, and will never be illegal.

(Thanks for the merge, boss.)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

curtthehurt1 wrote:im not completely sold on the multi buisness of this, as that would seem to give a lot of an advantage. if it were my suggestion I would simply add a special ascension available that gives a bigger 5% bonus. make it so that once you complete newgrounds and you already have a main account it just adds one extra available ascension (24th) or if you dont it automatically creates one that is halfway ascended and programmed to allow a 24th ascension. doesnt give everyone with time/money any overpowered bonuses, and you dont have two accounts on main to try to keep up with. would make it easier for selling too because you would be back at just main and ascended.

Just thinking out loud, though I know next to nothing about programming and what is realistically achievable to program in.

I like that idea. Also, said ascension shouldn't be available with 10$ ascension, because it's an additional one. But they would get double APP if they decided to ascend that last extra time to compensate lack of 10$ ascension option. And no ascended multi, would just give extra stuff there. Because seriously, managing four accounts...I can see how this would be an horrible mess with "legal" multies in both servers. (this being a way to stock uu for main account for example, have one of the two being on PPT for four days and transfer stuff from one to another and you get perma PPT to stockpile naq and uu by transfering...)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:i thought newgrounds ascended to ascended, and that you could have two newgrounds accounts?
No.
NewGrounds ascends to Main after ascending at level 20. It is a training pool for newbie players.
Ascendees get an average account to start Main with, clearly marked as a NewGrounds-Main. They are unable to play NewGrounds for a time (month/week..not sure which atm), and when that time is up, they get back their now level 25 NewGrounds account.

NewGrounds players 'transcend' to Main, from where they 'ascend' to Ascended.
Jim counted incorrectly. Existing Main players would end up with 5 accounts (Main, Asc, NG, NG-Main, NG-Asc).
NewGrounds is not meant for Main players, but they can play it. You will understand that we make policy based on our target player base (new, non-Main playing registrants), not on lone gunmen who figure they can manage multiple accounts. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Legendary Apophis wrote:
curtthehurt1 wrote:im not completely sold on the multi buisness of this, as that would seem to give a lot of an advantage. if it were my suggestion I would simply add a special ascension available that gives a bigger 5% bonus. make it so that once you complete newgrounds and you already have a main account it just adds one extra available ascension (24th) or if you dont it automatically creates one that is halfway ascended and programmed to allow a 24th ascension. doesnt give everyone with time/money any overpowered bonuses, and you dont have two accounts on main to try to keep up with. would make it easier for selling too because you would be back at just main and ascended.

Just thinking out loud, though I know next to nothing about programming and what is realistically achievable to program in.

...I can see how this would be an horrible mess with "legal" multies in both servers. (this being a way to stock uu for main account for example, have one of the two being on PPT for four days and transfer stuff from one to another and you get perma PPT to stockpile naq and uu by transfering...)

I think most people are forgetting, this option to have multies (ONLY ONE) is available to everyone, so there aren't any advantages.
As far as I recall admin is throwing away the 'brothers, sisters, mother, father, cat and dog playing from the same IP' business by only allowing one account set per IP, which will break apart a fair few multi's (more than one account set) anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “New Grounds General”