Anti-Islam film

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Anti-Islam film

Oi Malx, you mean the 'Dark Ages', pre-Middle Ages. During that time, yes, Christianity (well, monasteries, not the 'popular faith') did preserve 'knowledge'. Culture was destroyed (or improved) by syncretism. Although destroyed.. most old -Pagan- Temples were destroyed and desecrated by Christians in religious fervour. Very little that lasted was built; but some good books were written (or rather plagiarised from word-of-mouth classics).
During the Middle Ages the conflict between the Church and the State (and aristocratic independence of Rome) did fuel both the most hateful 'Burnings of Books and Art' (like the ones instigated by Girolamo Savonarola), AND the most beautiful buildings and art ad maiorem gloriam dei.
Kind of like current day Islam in that regard; building beautiful mosques, but destroying the Buddhas of Bamyan, the Mausoleums of Timbuktu and the Pyramids in Egypt. Christianity after the Schism was as violent as Sunni and Shia. ;) So maybe there is hope.. another 500 years and maybe we are all calm, and only the 4 billion Scientologists get upset at insults. :P

Religion.. such an insanely dividing subject.
Thank God faith is a wholly different thing.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

My opinion is the film is bad. The people crying bloody murder over it are even worse regardless of where they are from....heaven better help the planet if us christians start killing people that slander our Lord and God.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Zeratul wrote:Most of the more extreme Christians do not have the influence with other Christians that the more extreme muslims have with other muslims. It could be due to christianity having aged more as a religion, or it could be due to there being far more factions of christianity.

one major problem in islam is also that the greater majority still does not accept that others can have a different faith or that anyone might wish to leave their faith. Just getting over that hurdle would have improved things considerably.

Well said there.

Also, just to add. This Wednesday a french satirical journal (probably some sort similar to MAD Magazine for US people, I don't know as I only heard about MAD throughout Simpsons) released another set of caricatures like it did not too long ago, caricatures about the prophet. They had their site pirated like last time, but it definitely will not stop them or intimidate them. I think extremists don't understand something. These mags are troll masters: the more you are offended, the more they will come again with it. They are hard defenders of freedom of speech, and as they are based in relatively free speech countries, they will show they can do it if they want it. Do not feed the trolls on the net the mods say. Well, it's exactly the same with this movie director and the caricatures makers. The best weapon for "offended" is argued criticism mixed with ignoring them to some sort (not showing anger and offense). They dislike when provocation is ignored. if you get offended and riot, they will be happy and go for more.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Here we go again religion the number one cause of war in the world and thats a fact weather its direct or indirect. This has happened to christian beliefs and has happened to Jewish beliefs and it was always going to happen sooner or later to Muslim's beliefs. Lets see a politically correct answer um well violence isnt going to make it go away but seeing it as a bad joke and doing what as bad as to say Scientology would work better. Sue the writer and producer, under discrimination the catholic church have done it for years. Its simple you can segregate yourselves or you can take an action that will stop this from happening all the violence is doing is creating a large snap back which will most likely cause a war that is going and most likely will never end. Shame to say but in Australia where I am is creating a huge issue in which almost started another Cronulla riot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Cronulla_riots, not the most defining moment in Australia history but an example of what happened when people get intense and well I dont see how its going to help long term.
I am thankful to say in my time I have had a great Muslim friend whom was very funny, I can see that Muslims can be tolerant but in some places they can be aggressive and confrontational like any belief system and religion. I know a little of the Muslim that is isnt about war and hate its about values not about violence, I think taking your belief into violence destroys the essence and value of what you believe and the message of the person as sacred as it is, is under valued by the action of the believers. This video will be gone and forgotten in months can you say the same for the messages from Mohammed? I think this is all that should matter.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Dont forget one of the core primary teachings is death to the infidel. Thats a fact. The worst mistake this country or any other country can make is surpress its foundational religion/ faith to make way for political correctness.

Think for a minute what will happen to this country when suicide bombing idiots start that **Filtered** here because somebody expressed thier opinion that didnt coincide with thier view of god.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
yellow eyes
Forum Newbie

actually religion can be interpreted in many ways like the bible states Michael came down from heaven with a sword ? and a eye for an eye.

so religion isn't all about peace for example if you are not muslim and are not willing to convert your unworthy of heaven or are not even classed as equals to me thats not peaceful.

to be honest i put islam near the top for bad religions due to the fact they close the doors and dont let anyone understand them.

their communities dont allow us as in westerners to understand them and when people dont understand something they tend to hate on it.

but lets be fair all trouble at this moment in time is coming from the east.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Jedi~Tank wrote:Dont forget one of the core primary teachings is death to the infidel. Thats a fact. The worst mistake this country or any other country can make is surpress its foundational religion/ faith to make way for political correctness.

Think for a minute what will happen to this country when suicide bombing idiots start that **Filtered** here because somebody expressed thier opinion that didnt coincide with thier view of god.

Just a friendly reminder: Islam and Christianity worship the same God. :-$
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Aisar Saqib wrote:
honestly as i am a muslim i wanna kill that bastard who direct that film...

Dont blow up to much ;)

Anyway, so much drama about a simple home made movie. RIOT! :-k
Spoiler
Past sigs

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Dovahkiin wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Dont forget one of the core primary teachings is death to the infidel. Thats a fact. The worst mistake this country or any other country can make is surpress its foundational religion/ faith to make way for political correctness.

No they don't. :razz:
Bias Admin colour
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Dovahkiin wrote:

nope lol christianity worship 3 gods... and Islam only one..

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Aisar Saqib wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

It's One God actually. :razz:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Trinity
Bias Admin colour
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You cannot expect Muslims, the Original Masters of Calculus, to agree that 3 = 1. ;)
Three entities, all aspects of the One God, that explanation works fine usually.. but as soon as you consider them each separately a fully formed independent entity, the trick becomes more complicated. :)
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Aisar Saqib wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

No christians do not worship 3 :roll:

Note..a god or doctrine from man about a god that requires its worshippers to commit haneous acts of idiotic violence to prove their worth amd get a trip to heaven is a waste of time and is just stupid.

Deni
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Imagine what humanity could do with all the energy that goes into fighting over religion and politics, if we'd all focus on the same goals.

We have the potential to achieve so much more.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Aisar Saqib wrote:[spoiler]
Dovahkiin wrote:

[/spoiler]

You do, whether you want to admit it or not. Islam, Judaism and Christianity share the same God. Each religion just threw in a couple extra characters is all.

Jedi~Tank wrote:[spoiler]
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

[/spoiler]
No christians do not worship 3 :roll:

Note..a god or doctrine from man about a god that requires its worshippers to commit haneous acts of idiotic violence to prove their worth amd get a trip to heaven is a waste of time and is just stupid.

Kinda like how God demanded the Isrealites to savagely brutalize anyone that opposed them or violated the simplest of religious laws? :-"
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”