Ascended biting the bullet

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

being able to buy more stat changes for demis, maybe doubling strike for a turn or two

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:we know admin isnt above it, as ETL already nearly got away with buying DMU direct of jason. so letsstop it before it even starts

And who forced a reversion ;)

who showed you where to make the revision ;)

Quite a few, but I still took the steps ;).

just sayin , that thats the one we noticed.. what about all the other ones we didnt, and you haven't noticed either...

dont get me wrong your doing a good job, just if you introduce $ will just make it easier to hide the paperwork, if you know what i mean

Seeing as you/we seemingly managed to catch one in the 6 odd years ascended has been alive for..I think the paperwork has been hid quite well :P introducing some abilities for $ wont hide it any better. Make it more fair perhaps?....
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

donais wrote:being able to buy more stat changes for demis, maybe doubling strike for a turn or two

Considered the first...but I was thinking maybe a 50% increase in the chance of finding a demi or something like that. Some of the ideas:

Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.
1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming (i.e you will get 20% dmu of your net amount of dmu farmed per day, e.g if you farmed 20 q and someone stole 5 q during a 24 hour period you would get a bonus of (20-5)*0.2 quad dmu).
Increase the probability of gaining a demi for x time.
PPT for 48 hours.
Protection from descension for x time (alternative...Increase time between descension attacks on you, i.e instead of 3 hours, something like 3.5 hours).
Increase in TOC for x time (something large and short).
Buying next achievement, cost will be weighted on how hard the achievement is.
The + some stat - another stat. e.g double attack half command star etc. for x time
Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Sol wrote:
donais wrote:being able to buy more stat changes for demis, maybe doubling strike for a turn or two

Considered the first...but I was thinking maybe a 50% increase in the chance of finding a demi or something like that. Some of the ideas:

1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming (i.e you will get 20% dmu of your net amount of dmu farmed per day, e.g if you farmed 20 q and someone stole 5 q during a 24 hour period you would get a bonus of (20-5)*0.2 quad dmu).
PPT for 48 hours.
Protection from descension for x time (alternative...Increase time between descension attacks on you, i.e instead of 3 hours, something like 3.5 hours).
The + some stat - another stat. e.g double attack half command star etc. for x time
Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.

I :smt060 these above, But Sol. why make it $ required when you can make something you gain from activity like (10/100,)(cost example 30 ^Energy^ for 1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming)

Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.[/quote] <- maybe this one. but not more often than once each month. and costly like 100 ^Energy^

Edit: If you want $ for your nice work you can just add a "support sol" button but no trading for abbilitys ingame it will destroy it, and if you make it harder to descend MAIN will be less worth

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Bioflick wrote:Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.

I :smt060 these above, But Sol. why make it $ required when you can make something you gain from activity like (10/100,)(cost example 30 ^Energy^ for 1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming)

Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.<- maybe this one. but not more often than once each month. and costly like 100 ^Energy^

Just thought of a different concept as I was reading that... making a credit based system to pay for these perks, credits can be earned (via means of say completing an achievement set, doing other specific tasks, prizes for tournaments, ascending etc) or bought. So the perks wont be $ spender only, nor can you buy them outright with dmu and other resources.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Sol wrote:
Bioflick wrote:Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.

Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.<- maybe this one. but not more often than once each month. and costly like 100 ^Energy^

Just thought of a different concept as I was reading that... making a credit based system to pay for these perks, credits can be earned (via means of say completing an achievement set, doing other specific tasks, prizes for tournaments, ascending etc) or bought. So the perks wont be $ spender only, nor can you buy them outright with dmu and other resources.

:smt025

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

There is an inevitable tension between pay per play and page refresh as a revenue option.

Both profit well from new players, and retention rates.

In the realm of text based cottage games (like SGW) the option of spending a few million a month in attracting new players is sort of moot. Retention rates are the only path forward. Advertising revenue has plummeted this last decade, both on CPV and CPC.

In English?
It took a lot of skilled work, and balls the size of cantaloupes, to dare bring this world into existence.
I'll dare to say some luck rather than a profound knowledge of game theory, but then seven years ago? there wasn't a lot of knowledge pubically available.

I don't like the idea of some punk kid with their mothers credit card buying on a whim what it took me a long and considered strategy and a whole lot of autistic button pushing to achieve. Even in the current slightly depressed market, this site represents perhaps 20K of IP. If all I have contributed is attitude and page views? Well I do click through on adds, but sooner or later I'll be forced by my sense of honor to contribute something of meaning.

$ for advantage? sort of sad... but someone has to pay the piper.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Sol wrote:

PPT for 48 hours.

These are WAY more powerful than allowing stuff like sorting pages by DMU out and stuff being visible with 3x bigger spy instead of 5x on attack page mate ;) So that will ruin ascended quite a bit ;)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

protection from descension !!!!

SOL I WILL KILL YOU ! :smt091

jk but seriously WTH man...
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Neimenljivi wrote:These are WAY more powerful than allowing stuff like sorting pages by DMU out and stuff being visible with 3x bigger spy instead of 5x on attack page mate ;) So that will ruin ascended quite a bit ;)

~N

+1 to +3 extra turns per (in a limited time frame) will destroy ascended? You do realize though that demi's already exist with that....and they are somewhat permanent....
As I said earlier, combinations of things and the frequency they can be bought will be limited, each one different.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:protection from descension !!!!

SOL I WILL KILL YOU ! :smt091

jk but seriously WTH man...

It's a thought, settle pettle.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:These are WAY more powerful than allowing stuff like sorting pages by DMU out and stuff being visible with 3x bigger spy instead of 5x on attack page mate ;) So that will ruin ascended quite a bit ;)

~N

+1 to +3 extra turns per (in a limited time frame) will destroy ascended? You do realize though that demi's already exist with that....and they are somewhat permanent....

No, I wasn't talking about that one, that's the only one, apart of the bigger possibility of gaining a demi, I'd actually feel comfortable from these.
1,2x bonus from DMU farming - can be greatly exploited + it will give those who buy DMU (with naq bought with $$ from main anyway) an even greater advantage
PPT - I think all of us like that in ascended there is no PPT except if the person just ascended for the first time or was descended
Protection from descension - well what's the point in building all personal levels if people can just use this protection? Will make a big distinction between $$ players and other players.
Increase in TOC similarly - although if it increased the TOC for only 1 personal attack, that'd be bearable
Achievement - they are supposed to be hard to achieve, that's why people play try so hard to achieve them
The + some stat - another stat would only be balanced if more stats would have negative effects by it (so for instance one can mass with smaller cost, but risk being massed as def and assassins are decreased - the negative effect should also stay longer imo)
1 max descension attack on a player per week - again making the player undescendable no matter if they're active or not.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Features like being able to fully customise the quick action buttons would be something I personally would be interested in.

Like changing the number of attacks used by the quick attack button, or replacing the god quest quick button with sabotage (as an example). So granting customisation of my personal user experience, rather than granting 'powers or bonuses'. Less pay to win and more pay to pimp :P
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Clockwork wrote:Features like being able to fully customise the quick action buttons would be something I personally would be interested in.

Like changing the number of attacks used by the quick attack button, or replacing the god quest quick button with sabotage (as an example). So granting customisation of my personal user experience, rather than granting 'powers or bonuses'. Less pay to win and more pay to pimp :P

Yup exactly this, go into customizing, personalizing the page rather than simply giving easy alternatives within the game. I'm fairly sure a lot of those who have some extra money would spend it as an appreciation of what you did for the game itself, anyway ;)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Neimenljivi wrote:
Sol wrote:

~N

No, I wasn't talking about that one, that's the only one, apart of the bigger possibility of gaining a demi, I'd actually feel comfortable from these.
1,2x bonus from DMU farming - can be greatly exploited + it will give those who buy DMU (with naq bought with $$ from main anyway) an even greater advantage

True but someone still has to farm it, it's not coming out of thin air.
Neimenljivi wrote:PPT - I think all of us like that in ascended there is no PPT except if the person just ascended for the first time or was descended

Yeah fair enough...
Neimenljivi wrote:Protection from descension - well what's the point in building all personal levels if people can just use this protection? Will make a big distinction between $$ players and other players.

That's why I had the alternative in brackets. Also see a few posts up when I mentioned the credit idea, basically giving everyone else the chance to get these perks, so they wont just be $$ spenders only.
Neimenljivi wrote:Increase in TOC similarly - although if it increased the TOC for only 1 personal attack, that'd be bearable

It's just a temporary increase, not permanent.
Neimenljivi wrote:Achievement - they are supposed to be hard to achieve, that's why people play try so hard to achieve them

Mmmmm fair enough

Neimenljivi wrote:1 max descension attack on a player per week - again making the player undescendable no matter if they're active or not.

I don't see how that makes a player undescendable? It's a tool used by someone on someone, one hit max descension attack, sort of like a little boost in the descending process. Noobs could use it on these otherwise undescendable players.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended General”