Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Re: Extending battle time?

Sol wrote:
TheLost wrote:
Frans wrote:I think a strong case is being made here about how the attacker has several great advantages over the defender. In the typical case of attacker decimating the defender, it's the attacker who has the power to choose the time that best favors them over the defender. It's the attacker who has the power to choose how they'll attack. The defender is forced to build a well balanced account, ensuring that their defense, covert, and assassins cover each other. An attacker only has to concentrate their forces into countering these areas one at a time.

With 30 attacks until a defender phases, an attacker utilizing the full capability that each attack offers can take out a total of 95.7% of the defender's defense using destroy attacks. A defender with 100M super defense planets would see their defense reduced to 4,239,115 planets in a span of 10 - 15 minutes. Even if the attacker utilizes only 2/3rds of their full attack potential on average, the defender still suffers 87.3% in damages to their defense planets.
whatever happened to home field advantage or the fact at home your hunkered in. But thats just me.
That's the problem, there isn't really any :P
Good idea sol lets add some :smt023
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Phasing and realm alert are the home advantages :P

Maybe add another tier of defence weps, to cover the abundant super power attack weps everybody seems to have these days.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

Clockwork wrote:Phasing and realm alert are the home advantages :P

Maybe add another tier of defence weps, to cover the abundant super power attack weps everybody seems to have these days.
There is super defence weps just need to find the demi :p
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Hardly, the only thing they stop are onliners :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote:
They stop onliners when one side gets phased, but you know you want to give us a way to unphase, so that would not be a problem :D

I need to find some of them def wep dem's then MS :D
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote:
They stop onliners when one side gets phased, but you know you want to give us a way to unphase, so that would not be a problem :D

I need to find some of them def wep dem's then MS :D
throw up a suggestion then :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

Clockwork wrote: I need to find some of them def wep dem's then MS :D
There not easy to find
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Any other thoughts? Suggestions?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:Any other thoughts? Suggestions?
You could punish the attacker a little more for trying to mass a stronger defense. When Spartacus went around massing, My defense was a good amount higher than his strike, but he was still destroying more planets than he was losing. It only took a few attacks for him to drop my defense below his strike and then he was destroying way more than he was losing (and this was still with a good defense, just a little below his strike). Now said account is just leaving everything in untrained or mining and he is already at a point he could theoretically strike the whole server (minus inactives with 30B+ planets) again while those that were assaulted aren't close to recovering everything they lost the first time. I see it being possible to essentially shut down the whole server via massing everyone down every 2 weeks until there is essentially negative growth. Only way to counter it is to go inactive yourself leaving everything untrained until you reach 25B planets that way you can stay above the size limit of whoever is using this tactic. /rant
reborn
Forum Elite

Only thing I can think of which in a way stops snipers as some put it to a certain point is u can only train so much into say att/def/assassins/covert due to total size.

But as said before doing that then forces ppl to play all the same way would b rather boring.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Slim87R
Forum Expert

reborn wrote:Only thing I can think of which in a way stops snipers as some put it to a certain point is u can only train so much into say att/def/assassins/covert due to total size.

But as said before doing that then forces ppl to play all the same way would b rather boring.
The size limitation could be revised. Instead of 80/20 maybe 66/33?
reborn
Forum Elite

Tbh I don't c it as a prob

one's that really want it says its to stop snipers, yet in main uses d/s and only builds a strike there to take out a defence.

p/much same thing but on another sever.

Its a war game, anything u build wont last forever. Stuff is meant to b destroyed.

Don't want to lose it don't build it.

Can say the snipers r losing there strike too, there losing turns and snipers can not sit on everyone if everyone builds.

If stuff wasn't meant to b destroy, u would think the same on main yet u see there stuff getting destroy all the time by ppl only building strike and using d/s.

To many ppl :smt010 imo over something that's not really broken. Just too many ppl use to holding onto some planets.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Ascended General”