Prevent Kamakazi attacks

Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

SGC_Replicators wrote:maybe dont go into allainces

Maybe you should stop replying?

What happend to Duditz is exactly my point!! This is not fair, and veyr not cool! It's a game for godsake!

I just had a guy ranked 390 take out my 2016 weapons. I was ranked number one in defense and number one over all till that happened. There is nothing I go do to retaliate. They have no defensive weapons to destroy and they have less money in there treasurey then it takes to repair from me attacking once..............its **Filtered**. To think that it is a valid and fair tactic is just plain stupid. I will agree that currently it is legal and they have eery right too. But I strongly feel that something should be done to stop it.

And no this did not happen to me so don't tell me what not to do or what I should've done...
Muhahu?!
NoDot
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Well, destroying millions of weapons with 1000 attacks is certainly unrealistic, but is almost a fair strategy. Perhaps a limit to the number of times someone could be attacked in a certain amount of times should come into effect. How about 500 attacks in a day, 125 attacks per six hours?
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I've said this before, but here goes again. Sabotage currently has the power to take out 1 weapon at a time. Mass attacking has the power to take out all weapons. I think both should be a compromise.

As for sabotage, it should be able to destroy a certain percentage of weapons at a time (with a minimum of 1 weapon of course).

The normal attacks should also destroy a percentage of weapons. As your weapon strength drops below X% a couple of weapons (Y%) will be scrapped and the parts used to put the rest of the weapons back to Z%. The end result is that you need fewer attacks to start destroying someones weapons, but at least you won't destroy all of them at once.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Or put a maximum number of turns you can save in place... :roll:

But I like Sleipnir's idea, would encourage the need for not only having 1000's of turns but also a good spy level to destroy someone....
Muhahu?!
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer

chunkysoup wrote:Yea and thats another thing, highly unlikely that someone joined up, played the game yet saved up thousands of turns, and then cared enough and knew enough to take someone out like that... possible, but unlikely. It is, however, quite likely, that at least some of these cases involve 2 accounts, one being played for real, the other just storing up turns to clear the path for the main account...

well said!!!

See its just not realistic at the moment.... lets say I have a pea shooter.. and I have been saving my peas for the last few months... so long infact I have a BIG BAG of over 20,000 peas...
So off I walk down to the local army depo... and start shooting my peas at a tank... knowing that after 10,000 peas or so hit it, it will magically evaporate into thin air....

YEAH RIGHT!!! hmmm BLOODY STUPID to think that would happen!

I think you should have at least 25% of the capacity of the person you are attacking to do any damage. that would not protect the top players, because there will allways be someone within 25%....

or, limit the # of attacks you can do one someone to 3 or 4 lots of 15 attacks a day.
I am keeping my eye on you!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I think the worst part is that you're firing your pea-shooter at a whole army of tanks simultaneously. After firing your 20000 peas, all of the tanks just blow up at the same time.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

I think you could take out the tanks in 2 ways.
1) Make the men inside suffocate by covering the tanks in peas.
2) firing the peas into the turret of the tanks so when they fire, it blows up the tank and hurts them more than you.

But, I have seen I similar games elsewhere that only let you attack players so many times a day, I think this should be implemented so that mass attacks will still work, but not from only 1 player. say 50 or 100 attacks per day?
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

Here is the problem as I see it.

The only way you can take down a big player is by relying on smaller players in your alliance and feeding them a crappit load of turns.

Why? Cause its just far to damn expensive to do it with legitimately strong offence. I was ranked Number 1 in offence for a long time. Now, since the latest updates it is far far to expensive to take on some players defence by having a stronger offence. Some of the def is 71 mill plus. It costs your millions in naq to attack them (repairs, men, loss of naq due to training more men etc). You end up spending a 4 - 5 mill to make 2 mill. (ie: you lose 3 mill each time). Now if you try to mass someone using those figure, obviously you are not going to last long. Therefore the game is rewarding the weak and punishing the strong when it comes to offence.

Therefore it is also punishing the strong in defence, cause a couple of low ranks can take you out spending little more then pocket change, whilst costing 20 - 50 mill in def weapons and men.

So that is why I think this new way of attacking has come about....
Duditz

"Why? Cause its just far to damn expensive to do it with legitimately strong offence."

The funny word there is "legitimately". And while it is expensive to repair for you. My number 1 ranking deffense at the time was 150 mill. It cost 13,000 naq or so a point to repair. Loseing say only 5 points an attack for 7 pages of attacks in an half hour. Something tells me that me paying the 18 mill to repair or the 300 mill to rebuy the 2016 weapons and retrain all soilders is alot less fair......Do any admin's read this thread? I was curious what their thoughts where on this situation and if they planned on doing anything about it. If not, I am just going to quit or go about the same tactics till a change is made.[/
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer

something I have said all along.....

people have this thing in their head that the top players are untouchable, so we need a way for the lower players to get to the top - ITS ALLREADY THERE!!

Think about it.... when you move up the ranks, you make a lot of money my attacking those just above you or just below you... you cant wait for the attack turns to build up so you can use them... If you steal 2 million Naq, after repairs etc, you probably keep 1.7 or so of it...

When you get to the top, (or in the top 10 or so) it costs a massive amount to firstly get there, and then when you do attack, lets say steal 2 million naq, by the time you repair etc, you have less than half a mill left over! so your 'moving forward' slows by a hell of a lot. - and all the time people are moving up behind you.. attacking you, and it costs more than its worth to fight back... so then you end up with 500+ turns just sitting there.

Then there is the banking issue... when you do get hit, you probably lose 5 to 10 million.

STRATEGY...
-------------
Concider this... a top player needs to be active every 2 hours or so.
there is a lot of strategy involved.

WHERE IS THE STRATEGY of joining up, not even logging in for 2 weeks, and then spending 30 min taking out the top player with the turns saved up...
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer

possible solution....

Just had another idea for a solution....

if your turns saved up are less than 200 turns, they keep going up. when they get to 200 turns, they stop increasing, and you get a bonus amount of naq instead. that will stop people creating dummy accounts just to save up turns- if they dont use the account, the naq builds up and will get farmed by other players. There is no need to have more than 200 turns, just like there is no need to have more than 200 bank turns saved up.

Admin/forum, what do you think of that?
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Re: possible solution....

rasterblaster wrote:there is no need to have more than 200 bank turns saved up.
Members of the 1000 turn club probably won't like that. (especially me!) I have over 1000 turns saved in case I need a lot of Naquada is a hurry. (Having >1000 turns is also an ego thing, so watch it.)
Don't! Just...don't!
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

Think about it.... when you move up the ranks, you make a lot of money my attacking those just above you or just below you... you cant wait for the attack turns to build up so you can use them... If you steal 2 million Naq, after repairs etc, you probably keep 1.7 or so of it...

When you get to the top, (or in the top 10 or so) it costs a massive amount to firstly get there, and then when you do attack, lets say steal 2 million naq, by the time you repair etc, you have less than half a mill left over! so your 'moving forward' slows by a hell of a lot. - and all the time people are moving up behind you.. attacking you, and it costs more than its worth to fight back... so then you end up with 500+ turns just sitting there

Crap. By the time you repair and train men you lose 2 million, not bank half a million. I know this. I have done it many times.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Duditz wrote:Do any admin's read this thread? I was curious what their thoughts where on this situation and if they planned on doing anything about it. If not, I am just going to quit or go about the same tactics till a change is made.[/

I'm pretty sure forum reads almost everything posted here, and I've even send him a pm a few days ago about this thread :wink:

NoDot wrote:
Members of the 1000 turn club probably won't like that. (especially me!) I have over 1000 turns saved in case I need a lot of Naquada is a hurry. (Having >1000 turns is also an ego thing, so watch it.)

But I'm sure you could live without them?
Muhahu?!
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Spykie wrote:
NoDot wrote:

But I'm sure you could live without them?
Don't even joke! I've spent a lot of time building them up, so don't even think about taking them away!
Don't! Just...don't!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”