Get covert to the 20th century

Should covert be adjusted according to this model?

Yes, it sounds good
53%
Yes, but it needs tweaking
20%
Yes, but the replicators don't get the extra bonus
4%
No, but I admit covert needs to be improved
15%
No, covert is fine the way it is
9%

Total votes: 55
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin
ID: 0

i love this idea of 1% or 2% or 5%

but i have an idea for replis that no-one else can't really steal.....
u know how u only have 50 covert points and it takes 1 point for recon and 3 covert points of sabotage.... how about lower it to no points for recon (as it doesn't damage anything anyway) and lower sabotage to 2 points or 1 point...... still keeping the 8 max limit no-one will change to repli for it unless u are tokra and then u cease to be tokra if ur repli anyway. So wat u guys think?
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

i love the idea Sleipnir!!!

you are a credit to the game.

the only improvisation, like others had said, is the percentage being more, e.g. 5% (10% max.)

i voted it needs tweaking, although it is pretty perfect as it is ;)
RETIRED
tauntaun
Forum Newbie

Rock on guys. long live the old days of sab!

Long live the SAZ!!!
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Okay, seriously, Replicators really need an ability. I enjoy playing replicator and would never change, but it would be nice to have an ability that is A) noticable and B) cant be stolen by other races

I see two good suggestions:
1) Make sabs destroy a percentage of a persons weapons. 2.2% for non replies, and 2.75% for replis. This will allow for up to 20% of a persons weapons to be destroyed a day. This would also keep the max of 8 sabs per day too I guess.
2) Lord Dougy's idea to reduce the cost of using covert turns is a nice idea that I personally havent heard before. It should be looked into...
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

all hail me :P

Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Horrible idea.
Should i remind u of how much of a mess things were like before these so called resiriction i'am the frist to agree that the replicaotrs need better bounses punishing people with a lot of wepaons is no the answer however.
I have more 1500 of the top weapons in each attack and defense losing 15 guns per mission is outragoues i could be runied in a few attacks if not runied severley weakened . and i dout i have half as many total weapons as otehrs in the game i know of people with 3000 of one set of weapons 30 guns gone per attach i shudder at the thought back to the dark old days of corwards hiding behind covert to do thier dirty work (u know who u are :wink: )

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

but sabotage only works on the lower ranking people nowhere days.

Chris M
Forum Expert
ID: 13122

Amon Ra wrote:Horrible idea.
Should i remind u of how much of a mess things were like before these so called resiriction i'am the frist to agree that the replicaotrs need better bounses punishing people with a lot of wepaons is no the answer however.
I have more 1500 of the top weapons in each attack and defense losing 15 guns per mission is outragoues i could be runied in a few attacks if not runied severley weakened . and i dout i have half as many total weapons as otehrs in the game i know of people with 3000 of one set of weapons 30 guns gone per attach i shudder at the thought back to the dark old days of corwards hiding behind covert to do thier dirty work (u know who u are :wink: )

but its part of the game!
don't forget the losses the attacker would lose in spies to beat a high covert!

i think 15 from 1500 is acceptable.
they are not hard to buy back after all!
RETIRED
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Lord Dougy wrote:but sabotage only works on the lower ranking people nowhere days.

That is how it should reamin dougy our tool of oppresion :-D

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Esker
Forum Irregular
ID: 4507

Pure beauty, Sleipnir. :cry:

If only the reps had greater numbers something like this would have been forced a long time ago. Covert has needed change for some time now.

- Esker
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

It definately needs to be at least 5%, I think I mentioned that in an earlier post, however, how many spies you lose per sabotage must be considered, if you were to get 5 super weapons per sab, this would have to cost you less than around 200 spies to even break even with damage. If you have anywhere near their covert score, I mean even a quarter, depending on the amount of weapons you have, a sabotage could still be pointless.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
IcER
Fledgling Forumer

Lord_Zeus wrote:It definately needs to be at least 5%, I think I mentioned that in an earlier post, however, how many spies you lose per sabotage must be considered, if you were to get 5 super weapons per sab, this would have to cost you less than around 200 spies to even break even with damage. If you have anywhere near their covert score, I mean even a quarter, depending on the amount of weapons you have, a sabotage could still be pointless.

You clearly dont realise how many weapons the top people have...I can tell you in quantum at rank 5 I have over 30,000 weapons. 5% in one strike destroys 1500. 8 Strikes (max in 1 go) would knock me down 10,000 weapons. Ouch.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

Think how many Spies that would cost though...
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Indeed. It would just mean that having 480 spies of the same level is no longer enough to protect you. Still, I agree that 5% is unacceptable. Destroying 35% of the enemy weapons in one go, that's just a little too much, especially considering you can do it again the next day (or even sooner).

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

i think you should be only allowed to sab a person maybe 3 times but it does maybe 5-7 percent damage of all your weapons and thats 3 times a day... it just seems pointless as its impossible to cripple the really big people
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."

Return to “Suggestions Archive”