When you run out of defense people to kill.

hidden
Lord of Chickens
ID: 0

they mine naqadah so they are in a mine not a battlefield
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

mine naquadah...
Last edited by trinity on Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

hidden wrote:that will ruin all the farms

Sorry about posting twice, but come now what is the game called?
Stargate farm was it? It is hardly even a war anymore. It is a farming/race game. I believe that it was intended that the players would attack others in their rank area and actually battle. Now, rather than have a battle, you have your people that come on a couple times a day and attack the exact same people (who have got no defense and soon quit if they haven't already) over and over again. What kind of battle is this?
hidden
Lord of Chickens

a good one
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

hidden wrote:they mine naqadah so they are in a mine not a battlefield

good in theory, but next you will say that the attackers are of attacking and the spies are off spying...

So, if that is the case and there is no one left at the base, the base should be torched. Say UP upgrades, covert lvls, fortifications, seige, training programs, and so on would be destroyed or stolen. Think about it. If there is no one left to defend the base, then what is to stop the enemy from taking or destroying "everything" in the base?

hidden wrote:a good one

pathetic
hidden
Lord of Chickens

well the place with everything on it isnt the one that is having naq mined and why would they destroy everything then they wont be able to attack again

pathetic

indeed but no it would be a good one
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

hidden wrote:well the place with everything on it isnt the one that is having naq mined and why would they destroy everything then they wont be able to attack again

Uh, its war...
The idea is to destroy your opponents: units, weapons, naquadah, upgrades, and so on. A player can raise all of these stats, so it only makes sense that they can all be destroyed as well. Otherwise your game is unbalanced and people will only focus on what can't be destroyed until the point that they are nearly invincible to the majority of the other players... (kinda like now)
hidden
Lord of Chickens

exactly but it will all be fixed when ascention happens

now i have to go to sleep its been a great day i got another 50 posts
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

hidden wrote:exactly but it will all be fixed when ascention happens

I was under the impression that ascension was for the elite. If that is the case, there will still be a number of people playing the regular server. As a result, ascension really won't fix it for them, cause someone or some group will always be way ahead of everyone else.
i.e. the problem- lack of game balance
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

foreigner wrote:
hidden wrote:exactly but it will all be fixed when ascention happens

I was under the impression that ascension was for the elite. If that is the case, there will still be a number of people playing the regular server. As a result, ascension really won't fix it for them, cause someone or some group will always be way ahead of everyone else.
i.e. the problem- lack of game balance

I think that what he means is that all of Forum's efforts are concentrated on ascension right now, but once it is running he will turn his attention back to making some modifications in the main game.

Personally I'm all for somehow getting back to the days when untrained troops could be destroyed - but you have to look at it from the other side. What if someone who has been playing for many months wakes up one morning to find out that his 10,000 defenders, have been destroyed, along with his 100,000 untrained - will he really be motivated enough to carry on and build up again?

If some sort of code could be written that recognises that a player has x amount of untrained troops after all of his defenders are killed and then does not allow any more than 50% (for example) of those untrained troops get killed (no matter how many times and by how many different people he is attacked). Then I think that would be fair. It would allow him to rebuild in a reasonable amount of time.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

Wolf359 wrote:If some sort of code could be written that recognises that a player has x amount of untrained troops after all of his defenders are killed and then does not allow any more than 50% (for example) of those untrained troops get killed (no matter how many times and by how many different people he is attacked). Then I think that would be fair. It would allow him to rebuild in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd go for that. I don't think the code that you refer to would be that hard to write. And as for the idea itself, a person can actually be damaged, but still has the opportunity to come back... Good plan.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

As I said earlier, you could use the person's UP as a limit per 24hr period as to how many could be destroyed.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

so basically it would stop them growing..... except i think it should be double their UP so at least they might get negative impacts in war.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Lord Dougy wrote:so basically it would stop them growing..... except i think it should be double their UP so at least they might get negative impacts in war.

Well possibly, but I feel it should be dependent on the player's UP so it's not a case of someone with low UP who's been building up their troops for ages having it all undone overnight and having to wait months to get back to where they were.
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

I agree with doughy. There should be negative impacts in "war."

As such, I think half of one's units would be the way to go.

in reference to daivahataka's comment- Being able to kill double UP is nice in theory, however that only sets a person back for two days. In the grand scheme of things, two days is not very long at all. While it would be sad to see someone lose a ton of units overnight, it is a war game and should be expected. As long as people know the rules of the game, they can plan for it and make the best of any given situation.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”