Spy Level Limit

hidden
Lord of Chickens
ID: 0

Re: Spy Level Limit

Nuto_vixen wrote:I suggest there be a limit to how many spy levels you can get.

Yes, thats right... a LIMIT!

Oh dear, does this mean no more PPT abuse? Yes!
Does it mean no more credit card to save you from dropping from the ranks? Yes.

If we made the spy level only get to a certain point, say level 25, the Forum would still get people PPTing it up, but it would mean those who have gone nuts and been on it for 4 weeks straight would no longer feel the need to any longer.

Simple really.
This game isn't Spy Wars.

Anyway, I cant wait to hear the backlash from all you PPT lovers out there keen on staying ahead in the game with your Uber spy skills.

Hiding behind covert is also a sign of weakness.

This is a war game people.
I have never heard of any war being won due to sabotages by the opposing side.

iv been on ppt once and that was when i got $20 ss so you cant say im a ppt lover besides this game wants ppt lovers it wants more of them it will get the site more money which is a good thing

no this game isnt spy wars its STARGATEwars ok now lets think about stargate what about when thor was on anubises ship and anubis sabotaged the ship so earth could get it yes sabotaged how about the tok'ra what is there main job yes sabotaging the goa'uld what about the numerous replicator attacks they all ended up in sabotaging the enemy ship how about the ep tangent an sg team had been spying on a naq mining camp there is lots more i dont have the time to say them all

but they are all spying or sabotaging its an important part besides this game is about getting the highest rank and to do that it should have covert levs lots of them.
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Nuto_vixen wrote:
WhiteyDude wrote:Nuto, your asking for equal rights...but your equality creates a major loss for Replicators and people who sab for a living...

IF there were "spy weapons", then limiting their level would be fair...but as it is, it isn't.

/Whitey

How does anyone sab for a living?
The only thing gained by sabbing is loss... so that comment doesnt really make sense.

I think you've still missed my point...

Tauri Attack for a living. Buy attack soldiers and attack weapons
Asgard Defend for a living. Buy defense soldiers and defense weapons
Goa'uld Income for a living. Have both attack and defense.
Replicator Spy for a living. Buy spies and spy levels.

If Spy levels are "capped", Replicators lose a lot of benefits of their bonus.

Tauri can keep buying more of their benfits (attack), Asgard can buy theirs (defense), but Replicators can't buy theirs...

Am I the only person who see's this?

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Obviously the entire bonuses category would have to be redone, but, don't worry about the reps, they are just machines, they have no feelings 8)

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Lol... Ok.

I was just trying to make my point :P.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

WhiteyDude wrote:

Tauri can keep buying more of their benfits (attack), Asgard can buy theirs (defense), but Replicators can't buy theirs...

/Whitey

But you're wrong. The asgard and tauri only get a set amount of power added for each weapon. Covert is a different thing altogether. Every level doubles your power. Capping this does not mean capping covert power, just stop its exponential growth. You can still buy spies to increase your covert power. And buying weapons isn't exponential either. You don't see me asking for an upgrade that will double my income for every level that I buy? Or a tauri that will buy an upgrade to double his offense every time he buys it?

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

Sleipnir wrote:You don't see me asking for an upgrade that will double my income for every level that I buy? Or a tauri that will buy an upgrade to double his offense every time he buys it?

that does seem unfair. i as an asgard call for stat lvls. attack deff and covert that double effectiveness of those weapons men and techs. now this is obsurd. the spy lvl problem is the exponential growth as stated above. i say the spy lvl cap is a good thing. if the trade off for a spy lvl cap is spy weaps then so be it.

heres some ideas for the weapons, asgard; teleport beam; goa'uld mind controll thingy (the ashrak had one when he killed jolinar); tari invisibility suit; reps no one cares about them.(could not think of any thing)
Yu Huang Shang Ti
Fledgling Forumer
Race: EAG System Lord
ID: 15205

Dont Limit Spy Levels Limit ppt

Or make it so that ppt doesnt make you invulnerable but means that when someone attacks you they only take 10% of your naquadah if they win. That way people will be less willing to take a long ppt as the more money they make the more they lose per attack on them. Also there would still be a steady stream of money to admin and it would be ever harder for ppt users to get top spy levels.
Naq sold to date: 1145T
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Nuto_vixen wrote:but, don't worry about the reps, they are just machines, they have no feelings 8)
Hey, some of us have gained sentience!
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

New Radical wrote:Dont Limit Spy Levels Limit ppt

Or make it so that ppt doesnt make you invulnerable but means that when someone attacks you they only take 10% of your naquadah if they win. That way people will be less willing to take a long ppt as the more money they make the more they lose per attack on them. Also there would still be a steady stream of money to admin and it would be ever harder for ppt users to get top spy levels.

As I've said;
if the money was automatically put directly into the person's Bank A/C then there'd be no need for PPT and some other bonuses could be offered instead:
e.g. +5% max bank capacity (capped to +10% total)
or even just larger amounts of resources.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

The problem with removing PPT and rewarding with naq/troops/whatever, is how much do you reward with? Unless the amount grows with the donators, then eventually the bonuses won't be attractive enough to encourage donations.

However New Radical's idea seems pretty fantastic to me. It stops people buying invulnerability, only removes some of the incentive for attacking. Whether it would still entice donations, I couldn't say.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Re: Spy Level Limit

I'm gonna say no to this suggestion.

Doing that would destroy the sabotage game yet again, and I don't know how many of you remember how BORING those times were, but I sure do.

People don't sabotage people at THEIR level of spy, and eventually as the value of naquadah decreases as it's always done and continues doing, everybody will hit spy lvl 25 and there will be no sabotage.

Sending 75,000 spies to destroy 50 weapons, I can see it now... and I don't like it, and I don't see how anybody could like it. Some of you smart guys and girls out there may say "well we can redo the sab system" and i'm gonna say that's easier said than done. It took months for the sab system to finally get working fairly, and I haven't seen any valid arguements against how it's working now. We finally have a sabotage system working well, and now you want to destroy it.

Frankly, this proposal would eliminate 1/3 of the game almost entirely over time. Some of you may be agreeing with it because you're a covert sheep and you're afraid some big bad Replicator is gonna come down on you one day, and so what? It happens.

The ones that are agreeing with this because it limits the effectiveness of ppt, very well... but look for another way to solve this 'problem'... because this one, and listen carefully... WILL NOT WORK.

And finally, please stop snivelling about ppt and donating in general. Would you rather pay 5 dollars a month to play the game and have everything 'fair and balanced'?? You're playing a free game and some people are willing to go the extra financial mile to get an edge. So what? Just deal with it already i'm sick of reading these things. It IS possible to get spy levels by selling weapons you know...

Ppt is NOT some sort of otherwordly advantage for them, it's a slight one. It saves them naquadah, perhaps a bit of time, but in the end if the funds are there, with or without ppt, you'll get that next spy level... and PLEASE, for the love of all that is Goa'uld, let there be a next spy level. Always.

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

I'm just saying that PPT isn't in fact necessary, other benefits which would be far more difficult to abuse could be offered instead.
At $10 a day I could easily spend the entire month, every month under PPT, only coming out to attack before buying it again but I don't because I want to play the game not just purchase a rank.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Sleipnir wrote:
WhiteyDude wrote:

/Whitey

But you're wrong. The asgard and tauri only get a set amount of power added for each weapon. Covert is a different thing altogether. Every level doubles your power. Capping this does not mean capping covert power, just stop its exponential growth. You can still buy spies to increase your covert power. And buying weapons isn't exponential either. You don't see me asking for an upgrade that will double my income for every level that I buy? Or a tauri that will buy an upgrade to double his offense every time he buys it?

Good point, well made!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:The problem with removing PPT and rewarding with naq/troops/whatever, is how much do you reward with? Unless the amount grows with the donators, then eventually the bonuses won't be attractive enough to encourage donations.

However New Radical's idea seems pretty fantastic to me. It stops people buying invulnerability, only removes some of the incentive for attacking. Whether it would still entice donations, I couldn't say.

J.G.G.

Dragon war offers the benefit scaled to your level in the game, perhaps here it could be scaled to your UP. Or if we really wanted to mix things up, your rank, giving you more the worse your rank is, this would make it more difficult to buy your way to the top, and would probably get people who're just starting an account to buy SS.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

well only way is if the SS got updated every week for it to be increased in benefits.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:

Return to “Suggestions Archive”