Rugby world cup who is going to win

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Re: Rugby world cup who is going to win

that was a minor set back for scotland lol. they are luring NZ into thinking they are the top dog :-D
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
velya
Forum Addict
ID: 0

a 12yo ripper rugby team from NZ could play scottland and still whip you. face it the best you can do is come second in the pool :lol:
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

France pwned Ireland 25-3
SA pwned England 36-0
NZ pwned Scotland 40-0

What happens to britannic rugby? xD
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Tyber Zann

velya wrote:a 12yo ripper rugby team from NZ could play scottland and still whip you. face it the best you can do is come second in the pool :lol:

I live and play rugby in new zealand. No need to over exaggerate the situation :lol: NZ haven't had any competition in the pools...but if you ignore the scores and look at their mistakes whilst playing :P they better not do that in the semi's and finals :D
velya
Forum Addict

they havent even tried in their matches. just waittil the semis, they'll bring their A game out and win
Tyber Zann

bet you the mess up....or get poisoned. it's typical of them to kick everyone during the year then in the pools, then screw up in the end and not win the world cup.

its a pattern :-D just look at when they last won world cup compared to how long they have been ranked number1
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

You cannot call whipping Portugal, Italy and Scotland an achievement. Portugal are the lowest ranked team in the whole competition, Italy and Scotland are debatably the worst teams in the Six Nations and Romania have always had their arses handed to them on a plate by the bigger rugby nations. They are going to have their biggest game yet in this competition come the quarter finals. They will be playing either Ireland, France or Argentina. Ireland Are playing crap though so they may not even get through.

QF1 Australia vs England/Tonga
QF2 New Zealand vs Argentina/France/Ireland
QF3 South Africa vs Wales/Fiji
QF4 Argentina/France/Ireland vs Scotland

Looking at the points, I would say the teams in red will probably be correct. As you are all not stupid and I am bloody lazy :P I will not bother typing out the possibilities, but Ireland MUST win and score 4 tries for the bonus point. Looking at current form, I reckon Argentina will win, France will beat Georgia making Argentina winners, the French runners up of their pool.

SF1 Australia vs New Zealand
SF2 South Africa vs Argentina

Final New Zealand vs South Africa

That is pretty much what I expect but I really want some surprises lol! I will never hear the end of it if NZ wins...they are nationally bigoted when it comes to their rugby team....suppose they should be...F all else to brag about!
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
Tyber Zann

i want Argentina to get through :-D
velya
Forum Addict

The Iron Duke wrote:That is pretty much what I expect but I really want some surprises lol! I will never hear the end of it if NZ wins...they are nationally bigoted when it comes to their rugby team....suppose they should be...F all else to brag about!

hey, our womans hockey team is pretty decent so is our netball team. though our cricket team all can't hit a ball to save their own lives
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

I forgot about ya 'silverferns'! Did they beat the aussie's in those tests? I didnt really follow it but gathered that Australia, Jamaica and NZ were the top teams :?

Go Georgia tomorrow!
'
Spoiler
Tyber Zann

pssst aussie beat them. dont bring it up :-D

Georgia are playing rugby tonight. That will be fun to watch :)
velya
Forum Addict

The Iron Duke wrote:I forgot about ya 'silverferns'! Did they beat the aussie's in those tests? I didnt really follow it but gathered that Australia, Jamaica and NZ were the top teams :?

Go Georgia tomorrow!

:? i did mention them they are a netball team after all :lol:
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

velya wrote:
The Iron Duke wrote:I forgot about ya 'silverferns'! Did they beat the aussie's in those tests? I didnt really follow it but gathered that Australia, Jamaica and NZ were the top teams :?

Go Georgia tomorrow!

:? i did mention them they are a netball team after all :lol:

Which is why I asked after them no? :?
'
Spoiler
basher
Forum Grunt

The Iron Duke wrote:
QF1 Australia vs England/Tonga
QF2 New Zealand vs Argentina/France/Ireland
QF3 South Africa vs Wales/Fiji
QF4 Argentina/France/Ireland vs Scotland

SF1 Australia vs New Zealand
SF2 South Africa vs Argentina

Final New Zealand vs South Africa

why would u want France to go trough to go through, how humiliatingly would it be for the host nation to go out . Argentina and Ireland to go through.

As for England. If Tonga play the way the did against SA England are going to have to play there socks of wash them and play them off again if we are going to get any further in the comp. As a English man of course i want England to win but with the form NZ SA and the aussies are on we aint got a chance of winning.

Now NZ are kicking @$$ at the moment and yes some1 rightly said they have had no major competition, and i agree. But just look back to previous World cups where they have gone into them saturates and they have made mistakes. Take the last world cup losing to Australia all due to sloppy passing and handling and missing 1 tackle.

They have made there mistakes in this tornonment all ready.Yes they did beat Italy 76 - 14 but the coincided 2 tries. now for a team of there caliber they should have won that game 76 - 0. they should have only let Italy score with penalties points and that would be lucky.

The same should have happened against Portugal. th lowest ranked team in the tournoment and they get converted try and 2 penalty kicks. now no team is perfect but the difference of the two teams would be like Manchester united first team playing a under 14's Sunday league football team thats how big the difference is.

Austraila are doing better in the sence that there doing better defencivly. only letting Japan score a penilty kick in which i thought Japan were so gutsy running with the ball from there 22 which no many teams do yet alone against the aussies. Wales you exepct to concied few points as they are going well so far. And there game against Fiji was a brutal one as always.

South Africa are my favourate team to win after new zealand. if there was ever going to be and amazing final that would be it. SA tore England apart and Samoa and have there toughest battle against Tonga. If SA had not brought on 5 out of there 6 first team players after Tonga scored then i have a strong gelling that Tonga would have lost. But thats what subs are for.
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

Iron duke, you say you want a surprise, me too! honestly, i'd like to see Aus in the finals, but thats coz im an australian... lol

doesnt matter anyway, its an achievement for any team to get that far. :-D
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image

Return to “Sports Section”