Make the server more interesting!

Suggest any improvements
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

Re: Make the server more interesting!

Timmy wrote:on main S T I is the biggest at about 200mil and theres idk atleast 150 accounts 75mil+ so if they wanted to each of thos accounts could mass him. On ascention the top 5 are huge.

the rank 100 player has about 5-10 mil planets i guess.
and the top 5 have i think 500mil+

instead of double its 50 times the size.

and STI's up is about double - triple the average up.

on ascention its like 100times

thats why people complain about ascention and not main

Yet if everyone spent the same amount of time, effort and resources to growing in ascended as they do in main, and did the kind of ascensions that it took to get up there, they'd be up there. You see, S T I, Mojo Rising, Sinister, Dead_Horse, EtL, KGC, Reborn, Replijake, Corkscrew, myself, and everyone else who's up there worked as hard as we did in main to get where we are now in ascension. Those not doing so well chose not to play ascension seriously or not at all. You're now suffering the consequences of not playing ascension seriously, just as I am suffering the same consequences in main for spending so much effort in ascension. You've been rewarded in main, and I in ascension. Sounds like a fair trade off to me.
Raven
Forum Elite

Hensenshi wrote:
Timmy wrote:on main S T I is the biggest at about 200mil and theres idk atleast 150 accounts 75mil+ so if they wanted to each of thos accounts could mass him. On ascention the top 5 are huge.

the rank 100 player has about 5-10 mil planets i guess.
and the top 5 have i think 500mil+

instead of double its 50 times the size.

and STI's up is about double - triple the average up.

on ascention its like 100times

thats why people complain about ascention and not main

Yet if everyone spent the same amount of time, effort and resources to growing in ascended as they do in main, and did the kind of ascensions that it took to get up there, they'd be up there. You see, S T I, Mojo Rising, Sinister, Dead_Horse, EtL, KGC, Reborn, Replijake, Corkscrew, myself, and everyone else who's up there worked as hard as we did in main to get where we are now in ascension. Those not doing so well chose not to play ascension seriously or not at all. You're now suffering the consequences of not playing ascension seriously, just as I am suffering the same consequences in main for spending so much effort in ascension. You've been rewarded in main, and I in ascension. Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

Im not complaining about main because nobody is infront of me......i could destroy anyone i want if i have to ......in Asc however there are untouchable accounts wich is pretty bad for a 'balanced' server.......and i have respect for STI he doesnt act like he should earn more then the rest because he had time advantage like you all are doing.......you are pretending you want competition but on the other hand you want a life time credit for your 'huge' [Early] ascensions.
When i got to a range in main i could have done big ascensions i went inactive for over a half year.......it was my own choice but what about others who just start right now? They can be kept down forever in Asc without ANY chance of doing anything.......and for the last time BIG ASCENSIONS ARE USELESS RIGHT NOW.......im not gonna waste 3x my account in main just to get ALITTLE closer.....

Also another BS thing you all are throwing around is that if you actually play you cant be descended......in Asc your account will be zeroed after a while so tell me how will people covert DMU>LF if they dont even have anything left to rebuild with......ZzZzZz

BTW tx for that board warning it wont stop me giving my opinion though........im not even sure what i said but if you think that was seriously insulting im really wondering why some people who REALLY insult get away with it.......
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Raven wrote:Im not complaining about main because nobody is infront of me......i could destroy anyone i want if i have to ......in Asc however there are untouchable accounts wich is pretty bad for a 'balanced' server.......and i have respect for STI he doesnt act like he should earn more then the rest because he had time advantage like you all are doing.......you are pretending you want competition but on the other hand you want a life time credit for your 'huge' [Early] ascensions.

And so those who started playing main earlier than others don't have an advantage over those who started late? Here's a challenge for you. Delete your account in main, or sell it or whatever, then start a new account, and get back to the same place in main. Goodluck, It'll take a LOT of work
Raven wrote:When i got to a range in main i could have done big ascensions i went inactive for over a half year.......it was my own choice but what about others who just start right now? They can be kept down forever in Asc without ANY chance of doing anything.......

And those who start main right now can easily take rank 1 with no effort at all!
Raven wrote:and for the last time BIG ASCENSIONS ARE USELESS RIGHT NOW.......im not gonna waste 3x my account in main just to get ALITTLE closer.....

well that's weird, if it does so little why exactly are some in the top 10 still ascending?
Raven wrote:Also another BS thing you all are throwing around is that if you actually play you cant be descended......in Asc your account will be zeroed after a while so tell me how will people covert DMU>LF if they dont even have anything left to rebuild with......ZzZzZz

Tried farming at the superweapon sales?
Raven wrote:BTW tx for that board warning it wont stop me giving my opinion though........im not even sure what i said but if you think that was seriously insulting im really wondering why some people who REALLY insult get away with it.......

I didn't find anything insulting, but something tells me a mother might not like her 11 year old reading the two words I edited out of your post. That's what you were warned for.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Raven_,

When I first ascended, main was an entirely different server than it is now. I can't remember if miners were introduced right before or right after, but it wasn't too far along when ascension was first opened. So incomes back in the day were crap to what they are now. Secondly, there was no raiding in main at that point. It was OLD SCHOOL SGW, where skill and strategy could counteract the money advantages that some in the game hold today. From an inflationary standpoint, the early ascensions we did were proportionately more damaging to our accounts than our later ones. From a purely numbers standpoint, I probably sacrificed more in my last ascension than my previous six combined. But when you take into effect what those were worth at the time, the values become far more similar.

You keep harping that, by ascending early, we had a decided advantage. I agree that ascending early may have given us a slight advantage, but it is not the end all-be all to existence in ascension. Most of us who ascended early had FAR less knowledge (read: none) of what to expect when we ascended. We had to feel our way around in the dark. Eventually, some of us figured out what was important and eventually the information has trickled out over time so that now ascensions are no longer done blindly. So now it is far easier for someone to plan an ascension and know exactly how much it will improve their main account. You are comparing apples to oranges.

And since you keep harping on a point, let me reharp my old favorite: ASCENSION is a CHOICE! No one held a gun to your head and said, "Ascend or die!" (or if they did, I am very sorry and I am canceling any plans I had for visiting the Netherlands anytime soon)
Raven
Forum Elite

Hensenshi wrote:
Raven wrote:Im not complaining about main because nobody is infront of me......i could destroy anyone i want if i have to ......in Asc however there are untouchable accounts wich is pretty bad for a 'balanced' server.......and i have respect for STI he doesnt act like he should earn more then the rest because he had time advantage like you all are doing.......you are pretending you want competition but on the other hand you want a life time credit for your 'huge' [Early] ascensions.

And so those who started playing main earlier than others don't have an advantage over those who started late? Here's a challenge for you. Delete your account in main, or sell it or whatever, then start a new account, and get back to the same place in main. Goodluck, It'll take a LOT of work
Raven wrote:When i got to a range in main i could have done big ascensions i went inactive for over a half year.......it was my own choice but what about others who just start right now? They can be kept down forever in Asc without ANY chance of doing anything.......

And those who start main right now can easily take rank 1 with no effort at all!
Raven wrote:and for the last time BIG ASCENSIONS ARE USELESS RIGHT NOW.......im not gonna waste 3x my account in main just to get ALITTLE closer.....

well that's weird, if it does so little why exactly are some in the top 10 still ascending?
Raven wrote:Also another BS thing you all are throwing around is that if you actually play you cant be descended......in Asc your account will be zeroed after a while so tell me how will people covert DMU>LF if they dont even have anything left to rebuild with......ZzZzZz

Tried farming at the superweapon sales?
Raven wrote:BTW tx for that board warning it wont stop me giving my opinion though........im not even sure what i said but if you think that was seriously insulting im really wondering why some people who REALLY insult get away with it.......

I didn't find anything insulting, but something tells me a mother might not like her 11 year old reading the two words I edited out of your post. That's what you were warned for.

i cant believe the top 5-6 are still ascending thats just a big joke :lol: :lol:
Did you see me at the beginning of the CoP vs CIA war......13mill lifers all i had left.....

The SW sales are nice but if you actually play and you can lose 150k+ each 4h those aint gonna help you unless you stack LF heavily......in the end you will always get descended and reset in Asc

BTW the board warning was a joke if you take in mind what some people say on these forums .......i must be special :lol:

Mojo i agree ..... ofcourse you gave up alot but when i started playing 30-40mill armies already were there.......and in about 2-3 months i got to 60mill+ and ascended 6 times .......i dont think it was so hard in those times to pull a nice ascension not much harder then now i mean.....
Maybe your first few were alot for those days the others were not really damaging your main cause the limits were already there it was just a matter of time before you would go up to the limit too.....
'Terrorists of SGW'
Nostradamus
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Dirty Dozen
Race: NanoTiMaster

Raven wrote:Even if someone made a 200k one it doesnt really matter cause 10x 200k ones right now wont help you much....

Oh really ...... you shouldn't talk before thinking a bit .... so let's do some math.

Starting from scratch, a 200k UP ascension would get you to charisma lvl 150. But that level with minimal fleet won't help you.

You now have an option those on top 10 didn't had ... you can buy dmu with main resources and raise your fleets. it's 4 tril to 40k and another 5 from 40 to 60k. Let's assume you get only 40k.

40k fleets and lvl 150 charisma will put you at 625k CER ...... bingo ..... 1 big ascension and you have a top 50 CER.

Let's see what will happen after another 200k ascension and 5 more dmu bought:
- lvl 180 charisma
- lvl 120 production (around 70-80 from the last ascension)
- 60k fleets
- 1.3 mil CER (that's a first page CER)

After 10 ascensions you would get charisma 250 and production 200 .... that's almost top 10.

Yes, they have more planets, so bigger production so they'll grow too .... but at a slower rate. So you will get on first page after that.

Of course it's extremly difficult to catch up with the top ones .... but it's your fault for ignoring this server for a long time.
Raven
Forum Elite

Nostradamus wrote:
Raven wrote:Even if someone made a 200k one it doesnt really matter cause 10x 200k ones right now wont help you much....

Oh really ...... you shouldn't talk before thinking a bit .... so let's do some math.

Starting from scratch, a 200k UP ascension would get you to charisma lvl 150. But that level with minimal fleet won't help you.

You now have an option those on top 10 didn't had ... you can buy dmu with main resources and raise your fleets. it's 4 tril to 40k and another 5 from 40 to 60k. Let's assume you get only 40k.

40k fleets and lvl 150 charisma will put you at 625k CER ...... bingo ..... 1 big ascension and you have a top 50 CER.

Let's see what will happen after another 200k ascension and 5 more dmu bought:
- lvl 180 charisma
- lvl 120 production (around 70-80 from the last ascension)
- 60k fleets
- 1.3 mil CER (that's a first page CER)

After 10 ascensions you would get charisma 250 and production 200 .... that's almost top 10.

Yes, they have more planets, so bigger production so they'll grow too .... but at a slower rate. So you will get on first page after that.

Of course it's extremly difficult to catch up with the top ones .... but it's your fault for ignoring this server for a long time.

Before you be able to do that they are way ahead already again......buying DMU would help but im not gonna fund the players who are selling right now.......some of them just bought the account AND they are whining lol

I ignored SGW for a long time wich wasnt my choice at all you really have no clue ........

This topic is pointless just go whine more and more how you guys are so left alone by admin and how bad ASC is for you.......
'Terrorists of SGW'
owencraig-
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Delta allegiance
Race: SL

Raven how big are you in main?
I gather your at least 60-75mill+ and here you are winging about how far people are ahead in ascended yet you have an account big enough in main to do some pretty big ascension, plus you probably have the income and UP to buy DMU as well without it slowing your growth 2 much. Jesus im tiny compared to some of you lot in main and in ascended yet im still slugging away trying to grow, i bought some DMU making my self even smaller in main to benifit my ascended account cos really growth in main is easy compared with growth in ascended.
Raven here are people are pointing out ways in which you can catch up some and you shoot the idea down and cry even more about how far you are behind jesus man up and get on with it or put your ascended account on vac mode and give some of us that play properly a break from your whining.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Raven wrote:The SW sales are nice but if you actually play and you can lose 150k+ each 4h those aint gonna help you unless you stack LF heavily......in the end you will always get descended and reset in Asc

Gordash has managed to elude descension despite DD sitting on him(the only reason being rank mod though which stops me from hitting him). It's apparently possible.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Hensenshi wrote:
Raven wrote:The SW sales are nice but if you actually play and you can lose 150k+ each 4h those aint gonna help you unless you stack LF heavily......in the end you will always get descended and reset in Asc

Gordash has managed to elude descension despite DD sitting on him(the only reason being rank mod though which stops me from hitting him). It's apparently possible.

meh, it's the rank mod isn't helping or hurting gordash, i think it's fair to say that every attack that gets to him is WAY overkill. Btw it's also omega attempting to descend him. Well atleast buck and a few of the chaps. As the same goes you seem to want the game handed to you, if you really care you could always go and raid another 100-200mil uu. But then you don't want to buy dmu cause you would be helping everyone else grow but you don't want to ascend, cause then you would be losing too much of your account. When it comes down to it. GROW UP! Life ain't prefect, and neither are any games.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

High Empty wrote: As the same goes you seem to want the game handed to you, if you really care you could always go and raid another 100-200mil uu.

Is that directed at me? :?
Raven
Forum Elite

Hensenshi wrote:
High Empty wrote: As the same goes you seem to want the game handed to you, if you really care you could always go and raid another 100-200mil uu.

Is that directed at me? :?

I think it was for me ....

@owencraig- Im big enough in main to buy as much DMU as i need to go to the top 10......i already bought some and im planning on buying more......you really see it wrong if you think im doing this for myself .....
'Terrorists of SGW'
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Raven wrote:@owencraig- Im big enough in main to buy as much DMU as i need to go to the top 10......i already bought some and im planning on buying more......you really see it wrong if you think im doing this for myself .....

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

It'd take a fantastic amount of DMU to push any account into the top ten on ascension.. especially currently ranked in the sixties. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it'd take a lot of effort and a lot of sacrifice.

I had aspirations of making the top ten on ascension, but I had to readjust my priorities as it would have slowed my growth too significantly in main.

If you did it, then you'd certainly be silencing the naysayers. ;)
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Mordack wrote:If you did it, then you'd certainly be silencing the naysayers. ;)

he is a naysayers. :lol:

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

~Zekk~ wrote:
Mordack wrote:If you did it, then you'd certainly be silencing the naysayers. ;)

he is a naysayers. :lol:

~Zeke~

I meant the people accusing him of being a whiner etc etc
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Suggestions”