Rants

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Re: Rants

RepliJake wrote:Where?

I read an apology from this:

FreeSpirit wrote:My comment about rhetts illness was out of line

When you admit your comment was out of line, that's admitting an error in judgment and qualifies as an apology, at least in my eyes. Of course, the only person that really deserved an apology was ETL since the comment was directed at him. I guess ETL will have to decide if that was enough for him.

RepliJake wrote:All I see is this pointless comment

FreeSpirit wrote: I will take a 2 day break from the forum as mod and will not mod the forum unless i see it fit.

Unless he see's fit... as aposed to what? modding for no reason...???

Hm, I see what you're saying but I read that differently. I read that as (reworded):

I am taking a 2 day break from the forum as a mod and am not going to mod the forum unless I'm asked to help with something by another mod. Even then, I may opt out because I need a rest from the forums and I may not see fit to bother with it while I'm taking a break.

Anyway, that's what I got from what he wrote but I could be completely off base. FreeSpirit is welcome to correct my reword if I got it wrong but I hope he will take some time away from the forums and just think about something else for a bit. Everyone needs a vacation from time-to-time. :)
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

lol

Guess I'm just too cynical.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

RepliJake wrote:It's almost like a police officer firing 3 warning shots and immediately shooting you in the head.

:shock:

what????????

You mean shooting someone in the head isnt a warning :?
El TC
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

the 3 warning shots are just a formality imo leading up to the main event, the headshot. The quicker in succession they are the better.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

REK wrote:
RepliJake wrote:It's almost like a police officer firing 3 warning shots and immediately shooting you in the head.

:shock:

what????????

REK's got a point :lol:
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
RepliJake
Forum Addict

No offence boys and girls but I do actually want a response to my question, not more jokes.

Also...

RepliJake wrote:And I'm still waiting for a reply from Agapooka over my warning from dadigi over FS's last mistake that saw Geisha banned and then unbanned...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

REK wrote:

It's a warning if you live in California. And you're a black man. And the cop is white. :lol:

On topic and @ Jake:

For the benefit of me and maybe others who don't know, what was ETL warned about and under what context? I saw the thread that I think was the catalyst leading up to the ban but I'm not privy to exactly what ETL was warned not to do in reference to his posts.

Would you mind posting that if you have it available? Thanks.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1034919.

Break of rule 18

from freespirit to ETL
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

RepliJake wrote:I have a couple of rants that I would like addressed please.

Firstly, mods saying things and then taking it back and pretending they never meant it because they have seen public opinion, FS for instance, admits to mocking someone's health and saying he has no regrets about saying it, then 5 mins later after seeing people's opinions, says he slept on it and realised he made a mistake, he slept on it in 5 mins? come on...

First note, Free appologized for that comment and it was an unfortunate comment. However, if you read the whole thing: http://www.omegaallegiance.com/freetits.txt it's not the only personal insults placed in there. Also note that Free's comment came way after the massing and was in no way related to ETL's purpose for it...that is unless ETL is psychic and able to predict the future...which might explain some other things anyway...

RepliJake wrote:And secondly, warnings, either you're giving warnings or you are handing out violations, warnings are supposed to warn people so they don't make the mistake again, to give them a chance to correct themselves, giving someone 3 warnings, which is what we are to believe is required to be banned, if these warnings are given withing 5 mins or within one post, how are you "warning" people?

It's almost like a police officer firing 3 warning shots and immediately shooting you in the head.

Now, about this issue. I'm sure you'll agree that ETL is smart enough to know when he is warned about something, doing it again will lead to another warning and then on to banning. With respect to your analogy, if the police officer fires a warning shot, and the perp closes ten feet, then the police officer fires a warning shot, and the prep pulls out a gun, then the police fires a warning shot, and the perp aims the gun to fire, it would make sense the police officer would shoot.

The problem I have with this, as many others do, is not that ETL massed FreeSpirit, which is a low thing to do anyway, but Admin clearly showed bias by not rebuilding Free in the same way that he has ETL, Psi and many other mods in the past for similar problems. The quote admin used was that it was impossible to tell why ETL massed him as he can't read ETL's mind and so he can't rebuild someone unless it's definitive that it was because of a mod action. That statement is kind of ridiculous considering all that has transpired...I mean read the link at the top that replijake so kindly posted.

Another point relating to the locked thread. Free in that irc talks about he doesn't need admin to rebuild him. Note that this is after being told he wasn't going to be aided by admin:

<Raven_> arent ingame massing because of a mods actions punishable
<Raven_> by admin :p
<LordMato> nope lol
<FreeSpirit> apperently not
<FreeSpirit> thats etl's luck atm

So he was accepting the fate admin had given him and moving on to plan about his retaliation.

I must once again applaud the Omega members for their quick defense of ETL and his actions...even when they know he was absolutely wrong in his actions. If we don't keep a separation between mod actions in the forum and in-game actions, who would want to be a mod?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
RepliJake
Forum Addict

FreeSpirit wrote:Etl in short time you broke several forum rules to make sure you know them let me post them:

3. The use of swearing and of abusive language is strictly forbidden
6. Disrespecting any of the game or forum staff is strictly forbidden. If you have a problem with a moderator, PM an Administrator about it.
7. You must post respectfully, whether or not you agree with an idea that has been posted, and even if you have been insulted. The proper way to handle such a situation is by consulting a moderator.
18. You may not misinform forum members about game updates that did not take place. Falsifying game updates also breaks rule 10.
22. You may not publicly defy the moderators. If you have issues with a moderator, refer to rule 6.
23. You will not write or post a post, PM, signature, avatar or thread that is judged by the administration to have been made with the purpose of testing the boundaries of the rules, moderators or administration. Abusing the post report system is a way of testing the moderators and the administration. This type of behaviour is NOT acceptable and will usually result in a suspension.
24. You may not post another player's ingame stats. If you are in a war, you may, however, post the damage you've incurred on another player.

See most of those sprang from the context that was removed which allowed them to mod EtL, all the warnings were given at once.

Now for context;

It was the Nemesis thread, I came across it to find that Tealauc had named me as her nemesis, fair enough, but she went on, she said "because he is a utter jerk as a person and as alliance mate" "as a person" interested me, so I asked her if she was breaking the rules to which she replied she was not and that I was for spamming, I asked if insulting people was now allowed or was that just a mod privallage. Then some others agreed with me, Teal'auc carried on with similar suggestion and reststing that she wrote it because I was one. Then FreeSpirit came in, gave a big speech basically saying that everyone should shut up and leave it to me and Teal'auc, and stated that she had done nothing wrong because she was just stating a reason as to why I was her nemesis, so I then followed FreeSpirit's example and said that he was my nemesis and the reason is because he is a **Filtered** (person with reason) he then thanked me for what I said and I told him that it was fine, he had earned it, which I still stick to, given what happened. Then someone asked even if it was a reason, saying as a person was making it personal, which it was, I then replied saying that it was ok, with something along the lines of, "what's good for the goose and all that..." and said that it's a little dificult to mod me given the example they were leading. Then Agapooka got there and all of it was removed. then you see the outcome...
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Okay, let's address these individually:

What swear word(s) and/or abusive language did ETL use? PM me or cloak it if it really is that bad. I don't remember anything particularly bad in the thread.

6. Disrespecting any of the game or forum staff is strictly forbidden. If you have a problem with a moderator, PM an Administrator about it.

Which player did he disrespect and how?

7. You must post respectfully, whether or not you agree with an idea that has been posted, and even if you have been insulted. The proper way to handle such a situation is by consulting a moderator.

Who did he disrespect and how? This seems to be a duplicate of the rule #6 if the comments were directed at a moderator anyway.

18. You may not misinform forum members about game updates that did not take place. Falsifying game updates also breaks rule 10.

What game update did ETL falsify? From what I understand, the game update for a 4th market turn was in place, coded, and ready to be released. You can hardly call that falsifying an update.

22. You may not publicly defy the moderators. If you have issues with a moderator, refer to rule 6.

This one ETL is probably guilty of from reading the thread.

23. You will not write or post a post, PM, signature, avatar or thread that is judged by the administration to have been made with the purpose of testing the boundaries of the rules, moderators or administration. Abusing the post report system is a way of testing the moderators and the administration. This type of behaviour is NOT acceptable and will usually result in a suspension.

This one is also mostly duplicated by #22, or rather, #22 is a duplicate of #23. What did ETL do that tested the boundaries of the rules unless it was publicly defying a moderator in which case only one rule can reasonably apply. You can't make two rules about the same situation and apply them both when a rule is broken and call it two violations.

24. You may not post another player's ingame stats. If you are in a war, you may, however, post the damage you've incurred on another player.

Same story here. Which player, which stats?
Shaitan
Forum Irregular

Mathlord wrote:

Firstly, mods saying things and then taking it back and pretending they never meant it because they have seen public opinion, FS for instance, admits to mocking someone's health and saying he has no regrets about saying it, then 5 mins later after seeing people's opinions, says he slept on it and realised he made a mistake, he slept on it in 5 mins? come on...

First note, Free appologized for that comment and it was an unfortunate comment. However, if you read the whole thing: http://www.omegaallegiance.com/freetits.txt it's not the only personal insults placed in there. Also note that Free's comment came way after the massing and was in no way related to ETL's purpose for it...that is unless ETL is psychic and able to predict the future...which might explain some other things anyway...

RepliJake wrote:And secondly, warnings, either you're giving warnings or you are handing out violations, warnings are supposed to warn people so they don't make the mistake again, to give them a chance to correct themselves, giving someone 3 warnings, which is what we are to believe is required to be banned, if these warnings are given withing 5 mins or within one post, how are you "warning" people?

It's almost like a police officer firing 3 warning shots and immediately shooting you in the head.

Now, about this issue. I'm sure you'll agree that ETL is smart enough to know when he is warned about something, doing it again will lead to another warning and then on to banning. With respect to your analogy, if the police officer fires a warning shot, and the perp closes ten feet, then the police officer fires a warning shot, and the prep pulls out a gun, then the police fires a warning shot, and the perp aims the gun to fire, it would make sense the police officer would shoot.

The problem I have with this, as many others do, is not that ETL massed FreeSpirit, which is a low thing to do anyway, but Admin clearly showed bias by not rebuilding Free in the same way that he has ETL, Psi and many other mods in the past for similar problems. The quote admin used was that it was impossible to tell why ETL massed him as he can't read ETL's mind and so he can't rebuild someone unless it's definitive that it was because of a mod action. That statement is kind of ridiculous considering all that has transpired...I mean read the link at the top that replijake so kindly posted.

Another point relating to the locked thread. Free in that irc talks about he doesn't need admin to rebuild him. Note that this is after being told he wasn't going to be aided by admin:

<Raven_> arent ingame massing because of a mods actions punishable
<Raven_> by admin :p
<LordMato> nope lol
<FreeSpirit> apperently not
<FreeSpirit> thats etl's luck atm

So he was accepting the fate admin had given him and moving on to plan about his retaliation.

I must once again applaud the Omega members for their quick defense of ETL and his actions...even when they know he was absolutely wrong in his actions. If we don't keep a separation between mod actions in the forum and in-game actions, who would want to be a mod?

I REALLY love the fact you seem to think admin ever rebuilt my account. How many times was I massed by nebulator in ascension and main? PLENTY!! No one but me rebuilt my account with a bit of help from Josh and Jake in main. The ONLY mod who has ever received help from admin is Psi Kiya Trist. Perhaps you wouldn't understand, but where I come from, pride matters and Im not about to go running to admin to rebuild my account. So take your slander elsewhere! And before you say it, no omegan has ever benefitted from the same, even though illegal attacks have been made, for instance the whole phased thing during the CFE/Omega war and then reborn was massed illegally a few months ago.
Giovanni
Forum Intermediate

And secondly, warnings, either you're giving warnings or you are handing out violations, warnings are supposed to warn people so they don't make the mistake again, to give them a chance to correct themselves, giving someone 3 warnings, which is what we are to believe is required to be banned, if these warnings are given withing 5 mins or within one post, how are you "warning" people?

I agree with the Ωmegan mod bashing, FS has shown utterly zero nada respect for insulting a man ( Yes ETL ) like that after a massing..

I would like to see him removed from his mod powahs
Shaitan
Forum Irregular

RobinInDaHood wrote:Okay, let's address these individually:

What swear word(s) and/or abusive language did ETL use? PM me or cloak it if it really is that bad. I don't remember anything particularly bad in the thread.

Which player did he disrespect and how?

Who did he disrespect and how? This seems to be a duplicate of the rule #6 if the comments were directed at a moderator anyway.

What game update did ETL falsify? From what I understand, the game update for a 4th market turn was in place, coded, and ready to be released. You can hardly call that falsifying an update.

This one ETL is probably guilty of from reading the thread.

This one is also mostly duplicated by #22, or rather, #22 is a duplicate of #23. What did ETL do that tested the boundaries of the rules unless it was publicly defying a moderator in which case only one rule can reasonably apply. You can't make two rules about the same situation and apply them both when a rule is broken and call it two violations.

Same story here. Which player, which stats?

Ok here's what I was supposedly warned for.. I quote," If the so called mod had any brains all they had to say my nemesis is replijake, not go personally insulting him." This is in regards to her insulting Jake in the nemesis thread. Now in my book, it's common sense what I said, but apparently in his it's abusive.

One of the other warnings was for basically the same thing, calling out Teal'auc.

And of course the real funny one, calling me a liar by warning me over a 'fake' update when it is now known that I exposed their coverup. They can claim all they want about how they wouldn't have used the 4th mt, but if I hadn't exposed them, some of them would have..not all, but I guarantee you some of them would have. Now of course their fave excuse is that they claimed I had access to the mod forum. FS himself was shocked how I had access. So that exposes another lie. Read the screenshots from here: http://www.omegaallegiance.com/banned.html carefully, and judge for yourself. They were planning a whole new forum competition, suggested by an unknown player, in reality one of their forum multis, to divert attention from their deceit. Of course I don't claim that every mod was involved of course.

PS: FS, you can ban my account all you want, doesn't bother me.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

why do u still post under shaitin....

bypassing Ban?

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”