SLA reformation Topic

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Macrocosm
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

Re: SLA reformation Topic

Glad to hear that the SLA is getting the band back together. Count on my support once more Grant.
Lord_Grant
Forum Irregular

Yes. 10% is somewhat high, once you get to larger armies.

However this is just the first "rough outline" until I can find a way to make it more even.

Personally Brocov I like your general outline. What I posted was more generally what we decided after a week of thought. They are not set in stone. "3 strikes" including rank reductions are a good idea.

Your plan is better thought out...And personally I believe in giving everyone a fair chance...the only thing that bothered me. Is before the SLA disbanded (Its numerous times) there will be players who are around for 2-3 weeks. Then gone 2-3 weeks...... They don't do nothing, They grow up to a central level, leave and their account is farmed into oblivion for 2 weeks.....and technically they are dead weight.

It was those people who I was wanting to make sure were kept in check.

I appreciate the suggestions and input.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite
Race: System Lord

I've been thinking about it, and here's how I feel about an SLA.

I don't think it should try to be a unity movement or even try to unify or support unifying the Goa'uld. As Goa'uld, we are at our best on an individual basis. Replicators unify; Goa'uld group where needed. An SLA would be there to serve as a paragon to the race, to bring some pride back, and hopefully one day be able to compete again at the top even with the best multi-race alliances.

Leadership should be the face of the alliance; they need to have a commanding presence, be charismatic, have some diplomatic skills, and yet still be open enough to see their mistakes and fix them quickly and quietly. An SLA should be the toughest alliance out there, even if the accounts don't match, the resolve to never back down and to never give in should be there. Not only should leadership be this way, but every member, and if it's too much to have some balls when things get tough, then the alliance is better off without the member. I want no part of an alliance that won't have backbones like iron rods, and all Goa'uld should be the same way.

As for alliance plans, I believe it should flow more than be planned; the only things that would really need to be planned are wars (obviously) and alliance-wide economics if there is some sort of growth program. Real life is understood, and should be the most important thing to you, but at the same time you should be growing. I wouldn't put a certain size (though later on a size requirement would be needed) or percentage on it, but do the best you can and the damndest for your alliance and it will come. Even so, that can be worked out into an alliance-wide program to benefit everyone, one of those rare times System Lords work together.

I did like Brocov's ideas for activity and ranks, that was all good. I just want an SLA to be the epitome of Goa'uld: fierce, independent, smart, and fighting to the end. Just my thoughts.
Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Race: Goa'uld
Alternate name(s): Brocov

I am in agreeance with AA. If the ultimate goal is to have the most realistically goa'uld experience in all of SGW, it would seem that fortitude is the most apparent requirement for the leadership of the new SLA.

As far as unifying the Goa'uld under a single banner, I believe that should be made on a System Lord by System Lord basis and not encompass the entire alliance, or be the core policy of the SLA.

I would like to cite as an example, when Lord Yu rallied most of the System Lords to battle against Anubis over Abydos. As much as the System Lords could have committed to that effort, they did not over-commit. That is because as much as Anubis' actions concerned them, they were still concerned about protecting their individual outlying territories instead.

So essentially I'm saying that any goal of unification should take a backseat to the SLA promoting how much better single-race alliances can be. By making this game fun while remaining true to our Goa'uld roots.

At the same time, it is still Goa'uld-like to run when faced with certain defeat. Some could argue that is even more Goa'uldly than having core principles which restrain you from self preservation. No matter how much that may or may not seem to conflict with our inherent God-complex.

I really want to see more people give input on this instead of just pledging their support.
AncientAnubis
Forum Elite

Our various God-complexes, personalities, styles, or whatever you want to call it is what would make it fun. :lol:

When I said never back down, what I meant was in those fights where we're anywhere near capable of fighting. Obviously at our current sizes we couldn't take on a large alliance, and it would be costly and stupid to do so. Just thought I'd clarify, I value intelligence highly and picking your fights well is one such intelligent trait.
Lord_Grant
Forum Irregular

That is a good idea (All the above).

And I believe that can be achieved as long as "Partly actives" are kept cleaned out and only active, thriving members remain in the alliance.

As for uniting the Goauld...... Although I believe it is a good idea..... The building of the SLA is more important. I personally believe if we do as AA said (An SLA would be there to serve as a paragon to the race, to bring some pride back, and hopefully one day be able to compete again at the top even with the best multi-race alliances.)

If it does that it will be more encouragement for other Goauld alliances to form.....Now one thing I am confused about....

When AA spoke of "Not uniting the Goauld"..... umm.... I assume he is meaning as in..Do not try to get all the Goauld into severeal alliances.... Because for a second it seemed as if he meant that the recruitment into the SLA was not all that important? Which I personally think the SLA needs(Recruitment that is)..

Ancient Anubis wrote
As for alliance plans, I believe it should flow more than be planned; the only things that would really need to be planned are wars (obviously) and alliance-wide economics if there is some sort of growth program. Real life is understood, and should be the most important thing to you, but at the same time you should be growing. I wouldn't put a certain size (though later on a size requirement would be needed) or percentage on it, but do the best you can and the damndest for your alliance and it will come. Even so, that can be worked out into an alliance-wide program to benefit everyone, one of those rare times System Lords work together.

I agree...I HATE putting a percentage or army size down..But we have had a LOT of trouble..We have had members who are fanatically loyal...And they are active..But R/l interupts for sometimes as long as 2 weeks and they cannot login...I hate doing that..But if it is a regular occurance their accounts do nothing. And The SLA for so long was a alliance made up half with in-active players I want to get far away from that.

P.S> I just noticed... Yes. I only got 170 BIll bank.... Don't bother me any ;)
punkorama
Fledgling Forumer

i would like to be considerd for a spot in the new SLA
tora wrote:punkorama from this day forth I will only refer to you by the name honor less one.
hoast
Living God Punkorama
Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Horus Guard

ok, to make this topic purely about the SLA i suggest anyone wanting to join Apply on the forum... just so we can cut down on those just dropping in and saying so in the midst of the conversation...

Anyway. I agree with majority of the above statments. if we do reform, we should come first, and anything else second.

Lord Rylan
Forum Irregular

Your god approves of this and you can count on my support
Supreme System God of the Goa'uld Empire
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

laughable at best

I am your one and only true GOD
Lord_Grant
Forum Irregular

That is good to hear Rylan. :D

You also may join the SLA as you wish.

Well..... It is only a matter of time now.... We will build in preperation for the restoration of the alliance.
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

REK wrote:laughable at best

Demi-god

of spam

that's all :P
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work
Technicality
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 6189

I would possibly consider joining here, but 10% a week may be tough like some have mentioned. Myself right now, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm 9 mil army with 100k UP so I'd just have to buy 200k UU weekly to hit the 10% mark, but I have plans on working several other areas of my account up before my UP, so before long, it could become difficult to hit the 10% marker.

Perhaps if you were to put in place something that would split your growth between your army size and power so that it would be easier to obtain, but still shows that you are active.

What I mean is that if I have 400 bil total power and am 10 mil army size...I would have to grow 1 mil men per week by the standards put forth already. But if I have only lets say 60k UP, thats 420k UU from UP and lets say I buy another 200k UU from my income. That's 620k total for the week. I didn't meet the 10% requirement for army size, but I would be able to make up for the lack of army size growth in my power growth.

Feel free to tweak the idea.
Visit my Planet Location store

My Trade Feedback Thread

Please comment me after trades so everyone will know how honest I am.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

REK wrote:laughable at best

Hmm, I object. I think I'll stick with my God and not you. You tried, but I just feel I need a god...who actually has power. No offense of course, I'm sure a few cronies will appear to glorify your image. But you're going to have to remain just a bunch of letters and numbers on a page.
Death is the Road to Awe

Osi
Forum Addict

*accepts Ra's unbridled devotion*

your turn Rek
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”