descension

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
RealGateHead
Forum Grunt

At first i was against the idea becuase i dont really like the ascended server and was not going to play it, however after i heard about this, i start building it up so i wouldnt get descended and suffer in main and now it is ok, i am kind of getting the hang of it...but...it would be nice to have a help/guide for the game so some of us new to the ascended server can figure out just what the heck everything does. i know this may be in the wrong thread, but i feel that is the servers will be tied, we need to know how to use it. Thanks
eggsquirl
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

i like all the updates in decension
but i think if u are in vac in acsended u should be on vac in main
this i think will keep the balance
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

Forum wrote:ok - after reading hte 20+ pages of arguments, and looking at the 'popular' opinions (ie majority) ..... this is what will be INITIALLY launched. it can be altered over time, as everything can, but this is what will be "beta'd" and coded....

main account and ascended status are tied.
if ascended status is fully active, ascended bonuses on main account are as they are now.
if ascended status is vacationing, ascended bonuses on main account are halved.
if ascended status is 'descended' (1month long), no ascended bonuses on main account.

if you are descended in ascension, you are put on an automatic 3week 'vacation' where you cannot access the ascended account, then a 1 week protection period. During these 4 weeks, you are considered 'descended' for the purposed of main account.

I will restate that this will affect those with more ascensions to a greater degree, as they should be better able to protect themselves. It hurts the seldom ascended less, obviously, as they are weaker in ascension and although easier to descend (theoretically) the 'penelty' is less.
For those that say it is not really a penelty since it is temporary, I hold that keeping someone down is just as penalizing as a 'one at a time' knocking down....
I believe this approach balances what has been worked hard to gain, and the desire for some 'real' effects when descending someone.

if you change race to a normal race on main, there is no penelty on the main account, but as always - you are stuck in a normal non-ascended race until you ascend again.

if you vacation on main, it does not affect your ascended account.

Descension will not be 'one on one' but it will be limited over time such that personal attacks cannot be continuous. Attacking someone -even weaker - personally, will have a cost, too ....

I will start putting the 'labels' in place on main for the vacationing, etc, but the actual effects will not be implemented until after they are tested and pre-announced.

It is also likely some attack restrictions will be lifted/removed when the final relaase of this goes live....

admin jason.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you were to be decended, then you ascended your main account?

Ex. You are at incarnate, someone decends you, then you hit the ascend button to reach Living God.

Another Question, when Dr. Jackson was decscended, he didn't remeber anything. So when someone is decended, will the recieve a message saying who did it or will they have to wait untill they access their ascended account again to see who decended them?
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.
Thufir_Hawat
Forum Regular

It sounds like a pretty balanced update Forum.

It is going to put a lot of people at a disadvantage since only a few alliances worked on their ascended accounts like they should, but, there have been warnnings of this coming since day one, so all is fair.
Tekki
Forum Addict

eggsquirl wrote:i like all the updates in decension
but i think if u are in vac in acsended u should be on vac in main
this i think will keep the balance

Nah... the half stats are good since sometimes I know I can get to a computer, I just don't have time to check everything so for me, I make a decision about which game to vacation on and which one I will check.

TacticalCommander wrote: Another Question, when Dr. Jackson was decscended, he didn't remeber anything. So when someone is decended, will the recieve a message saying who did it or will they have to wait untill they access their ascended account again to see who decended them?

Yeah... wiht the three weeks of no logging in, wouldn't the records delete themselves so your descender get's off scott free so to speak? Knowing who did it is important.

Sigh... I'm gonna need a lot more AP...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

with my original idea for the 3 weeks of forced vacation, you'd only be able to log onto a screen with the title saying you were descended, and have your last attack log.

it would allow you to know who descended you.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Lord Morlock
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: System Lord
ID: 29392

Good enough I suppose, except for the bit about the forced 3 week vacation in ascended. Since you can only be descended once per month (correct?) then that leaves you out of comission for 3 weeks, while your attacker kicks back, rebuilds, and grows stronger. Now you'll have the 1 week ppt to rebuild, which isn't bad, but you can only rebuild so much in one week, especially if the person(s) who descended you in the first place were kind of enough to wipe out the physical aspects of your account. (ie: Planets of all kinds).

I don't have a better suggestion, I'm simply stating my opinion that this setup severely limits the ability of recovering people to retaliate in any way; especially if someones holding a grude and plans to continue targeting them on a long term basis.
Last edited by Lord Morlock on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Free Naq Here
gooseman the first
Forum Intermediate
ID: 55105

lord morlock wrote:I like it, except for the bit about the forced 3 week vacation in ascended. Since you can only be descended once per month (correct?) then that leaves you out of comission for 3 weeks, while your attacker kicks back, rebuilds, and grows stronger. Now you'll have the 1 week ppt to rebuild, which isn't bad, but you can only rebuild so much in one week, especially if the person(s) who descended you in the first place were kind of enough to wipe out the physical aspects of your account. (ie: Planets of all kinds).

I don't have a better suggestion, I'm simply stating my opinion that this setup severely limits the ability of recovering people to retaliate in any way; especially if someones holding a grude and plans to continue targeting them on a long term basis.

well im sure it wont be that hard to rebuild, i dont think your up or any other stat is affected
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

lord morlock wrote:I like it, except for the bit about the forced 3 week vacation in ascended. Since you can only be descended once per month (correct?) then that leaves you out of comission for 3 weeks, while your attacker kicks back, rebuilds, and grows stronger. Now you'll have the 1 week ppt to rebuild, which isn't bad, but you can only rebuild so much in one week, especially if the person(s) who descended you in the first place were kind of enough to wipe out the physical aspects of your account. (ie: Planets of all kinds).

thats why my original idea included having your vacation generate half the naq your account normally could make during those 3 weeks, in addition to your one week APA(Ascended Protection Assembly).

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

The only option I can see in such a case would be to do a 'power ascention'..one that would boost your account out their ability to kill so easily.

Ofcourse this would be very costly.

ID=60881
god of darkness
Forum Irregular

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:with my original idea for the 3 weeks of forced vacation, you'd only be able to log onto a screen with the title saying you were descended, and have your last attack log.

it would allow you to know who descended you.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

that would be a nice idea
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

Thanks for answering my 2nd question.

Still looking for an answer to the first though...

TacticalCommander wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you were to be decended, then you ascended your main account?

Ex. You are at incarnate, someone decends you, then you hit the ascend button to reach Living God.

TC
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:main account and ascended status are tied.
if ascended status is fully active, ascended bonuses on main account are as they are now.
if ascended status is vacationing, ascended bonuses on main account are halved.
if ascended status is 'descended' (1month long), no ascended bonuses on main account.

Why halved? Surely you are not going to allow yourself to look this foolish? Half bonuses is like saying, "I fully appreciate and also see the problem everyone with half a brain or more has been talking about for the last 4 months, however, I'm going to address the problem only half way in a ridiculous attempt to make sure that even the stupid people don't get upset"

Clearly, you should EITHER say that there is NO NEED to tie ascension status to shell status OR TIE IT IN COMPLETELY! An ascended account, within the ascension cafe, should be passing ZERO EFFECT onto their shell. Simple as. How many times do you need this pointing out to you?

Anyways, i just found out that my favourite all time enemy has been written into Atlantis, quite handy really since i now need something to fill up all this free time which leaving this logic forsaken mess has created.

Thanks Jason, for worse than nothing. Nothing from you would have been a blessing. Cheers.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
MGZ
Forum Irregular

TacticalCommander wrote:

well, I see no answer to this so I will propose my own method.

(this is kind of wierd to articulate) any leftover time from the 3 week 'no access' period is changed into the ascended version of PPT (like the last week already is). you can access the account, but can't attack/be attacked. this would give one more time to rebuild their ascended stats using the extra APP gained from the ascension. the PPT would still be considered as part of the descension time for purposes of main bonuses. however once the bonus penalty is up the main account would receive the benefits of the extra ascension.

comments, anyone?
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ouch.
the logic is simply that they are not 'absent' just 'not present' (descended and on vacation... not the same...nor is proof of nothing the same as no proof of something... same idea.).
a compromise, maybe. a logical inconsistency -no.
find my new msn and talk to me - easier than this public square dance :)
j.

GhostyGoo wrote:which leaving this logic forsaken mess has created.

Thanks Jason, for worse than nothing. Nothing from you would have been a blessing. Cheers.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”