PPT

Borek
Forum Addict

Re: PPT

Zhar wrote:those free couple of hours ppts given by admin were always stupid solution! either make a 1 day roll back or give everyone 1 day ppt and extend those exisitng ppt's in the time of the site crash. not every one can check every 30 minutes if the site is back online then to wake up next morning to see that they were screwed big time.

zaphor made a good point you all just don't want to understand it cause it's not happened to you.

No, you're missing the point completely, i would never ask for, nor expect, the entire game to be screwed over just because i personally lost some naq. In fact i think all of us posting that we don't think a reset is going to happen or is fair are saying exactly the same thing.

Yes it sucks to lose some naq, especially like that, but asking for the entire game to lose 2 days game play just to return your naq is beyond stupid.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
torak
Fledgling Forumer

Well, i cant see how a roll back will help the situation now.

1) its a new week, so some people may have already used their bonuses, MT etc.
2) It is the minimal amount of players who were affected, and as such admin should be able to work out a sutible fix for them, while not affecting all other players, who did not take advantage.

I myself am against a rollback, as i have made significant progress on my account because of my day off, and as such wuld lose as much if not more than what many lost by the ppt overriding.
But then yes something does need to be done, whether it is a re instating fof the ppt they had left. or a new full ppt 3 or 1 days depending on what they started with.
Zaphor
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Delta
ID: 1956298

i said myself a roll back is unrealistic, but i do think the people affected should get some sort of compensation. maybe an extra market turn this week?

Trade Feedback

R.I.P Mastertkd, a dear friend
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it is too late to have a rollback now...
yes, we didnt loose a ppt, and no, we didnt benefit more than 18 or so million naq (which would have been farmed away from us normally...)

however, a free ppt for all those affected (1-3 days random duration or restored to whatever they were before breakdown...)

giving everyone a 3day ppt will only cause a farmfest, thus that isnt option...
that is also the reason for the random-length ppts... having 2000 ppts end the same turn only causes severe strain on the server, thus a bad idea...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Zaphor
Forum Irregular

hence give admin a list of those affected and give them an extra ss bonus, sorted!

Trade Feedback

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

What i find amusing is that all the people that were on ppt ARE still on ppt, well mabye there are a few, but they just need to post the times they got ppts roughly, and admin just goes and adds 48hours to thier account worth of protections, No market turns or any of that stuff.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Zaphor
Forum Irregular

well that would work as well, is admin aware of this?

Trade Feedback

Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

Zeratul wrote:yes, we didnt loose a ppt, and no, we didnt benefit more than 18 or so million naq (which would have been farmed away from us normally...)

Mar 01, 2008 lilith 33,005,712 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 951,750 4,419,991 details

i know it is not that much now as it was on sunday, but with that naq i could build nice defense to protect my income, now i have to be critical all the time and had to retrain loads of miners to covert agents, to get my income low.

these 2 attacks happened a bit before i came online, didnt lose as much as i lost with 1st attack from lilith, but still 10mill

Mar 02, 2008 Jack Oneil 4,890,193 Naquadah stolen 15 1 0 2,019,600 8,615,364 details
Mar 02, 2008 Jack Oneil 5,166,510 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 955,275 3,539,562 details

and if you count in that i had still PPT left with over 3mill turn income, loses are even bigger, i would get 3mill for next 24~turns(now calculate these losses), which i didnt get in the end as i had to retrain miners to coverts + go on critical, as my defense was below 1million duo to lack of naq which i lost when PPT ended. I was looking forward to get 1000raw UP and 2,500~ happiness per turn with that PPT, and like 5mill defense, but it all finnished at 800raw, 2100 happiness and 1mill defense! it sucked badly! HE and Hippy are now so far ahead that i doubr i'll catch em in this wave!

~Horus
lilith
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
ID: 83233

Lol, you wouldn't have a chance either way of catching up. 800 UP before you went on PPT? I was at 1.6k back then already (before the farming) and as I'm not one of the 5 or so people this wave who bought/buys a FSS every week since the start of the wave, I don't even have a chance of catching up.
High Empty
Forum Addict

LOL i hate to tell you, I DON"T care what defence you build YOUR NOT SAFE! SO that's a line of BS.

Next I'm a GOD!

Next lilith got abit of naq, good! ( she's also in about 2-3rd) UP wise i think.

horus, Go learn that farming is everything!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
Rn5ho
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:LOL i hate to tell you, I DON"T care what defence you build YOUR NOT SAFE! SO that's a line of BS.

Next I'm a GOD!

Next lilith got abit of naq, good! ( she's also in about 2-3rd) UP wise i think.

horus, Go learn that farming is everything!

just because you're in the lead you think you're a god... pff, none good player would ever talk like this. And if you have nothing better than this BS to say, rather stay out of this topic!

And why lilith has so high UP? because she farmed us when we lost PPT! she profited a lot from it, invested it all in UP so she has high UP now ffs
Last edited by Rn5ho on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lilith
Forum Irregular

Horus God Of Light wrote:just because you're in the lead you think you're a god... pff, none good player would ever talk lik this. And if yu have nothing better that this BS to say, rather stay out of this topic!

And why lilith has so high UP? because she farmed us when we lost PPT! she profited a lot from it, invested it all in UP so she has high UP now ffs

Lol, dude, lighten up...
And didn't I just say that my UP was already very high (like HE said, top 3) before the farming?
Get over yourself, build a strike and start farming me to make up for the loss, lol.
High Empty
Forum Addict

lol i don't know how he's going to do that, when your online your naq stays out for about 5-10secs after the turn change.

And why do i say what i say, cause horus, LOOK AT my recorded!

So no i'm not a good player I'am a goddly player!

and to be honest, your ppts didn't mean a Bit to anyone but yourself, 33mil, is Next to nothing, about 45-60 turns, from normal farming. However i do think that admin should give, you and everyone else that lost out, 48 hours of ppt. But your never going to win, or even finish in the top 20, if you don't learn to farm. OH and not to piss me off! :-D
Rn5ho
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:And why do i say what i say, cause horus, LOOK AT my recorded!

So no i'm not a good player I'am a goddly player!

xD sry, but couldnt find you as winner anywhere :) only winners can call themselves "godly" players, and even them only if they really owned in that era. However, this topic has nothing to do with your past not-won-eras and you as non-god-player

And as you guys can't know what plans we had with that PPT and days after it, pls din't comment it!
lilith
Forum Irregular

High Empty wrote:lol i don't know how he's going to do that, when your online your naq stays out for about 5-10secs after the turn change.

Actually it's more like 2-4 seconds, but that's only cause Zaphor and Scar are so damn fast, I got used to banking immediately after the change of turn :lol:

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”