Petition to Nimras

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Petition to Nimras

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:I view all spam as garbage!

MORTAL COMBAT!

:lol: good ol' Jock!

Auriel wrote:Oh, my.. you know why I went and used simple, bad English? Because I used up all my Mana on writing a proper post in the Mod Section.
Probably missed it. Also explains the difference between ordinary spam and Temple Spam. But hey! Why would we read other threads.. let's just not do that and make crazy comments on the level of someone's English instead.

Mature, VERY mature. I thought you were the bigger man in this situation?
Need me to quote myself, maybe that clears the dense fog a little?

As for how you consider spam, that isn't relevant. If you think all spam is rubbish, DUMP it all. Don't toss it into the Temple. And if you think the Temple is such garbage, don't come there. If you hate people, you don't walk out into a marketplace shooting everyone up, do you? I thought not.

What is it with not even trying to understand these days.

Sorry if I'm not aware of other threads that you may have written - my psychic ability seems to be a little below par recently. I have now, however, looked for this thread and would be grateful if you could point it out to me as I'd genuinely like to read it, but can't find it.

As for commenting on your level of English - I didn't - I suggested that trying to combine mathematics with English, in a forum in which a number of people have difficulty reading, writing and understanding English simply exaggerates the problem because it makes for bad English:

Wolf359 wrote:And what's this = Fail rubbish? Seriously - sometimes some people on here have a hard enough time understanding English - others have a hard enough time writing so they can be understood - so let's not complicate the issue by adding mathematical symbols and words that when read together makes for extremely bad English.

Where exactly is that not suggesting that combining mathematics and English isn't a good idea and is actually criticising your level of English?

Nor am I the one who is getting personal with comments like 'I thought you were the bigger man' and 'shall I quote myself, maybe that clears the dense fog a little?' - so don't even try and play the maturity card.

If you took it personally, it was not meant that way - if you can't accept that then take it through the ombudsman, that's what he's for. You'll find me much more receptive doing it that way, or to me directly via pm. Everyone knows my position on arguing with mods over modding/mod comments publicly - I am far less receptive than I would be if it was conducted with a lot more courtesy and/or dignity.

And yes - I do feel all spam is garbage (some people like it, but I don't - that's just me and my opinion - and as a mod over the last couple of years I've seen it cause more arguments than enough) - and I'm quite happy to move what I feel is spam directly to the dump as you suggest - however, if I did that I'm pretty sure there'd be more complaints. I actually do my level best to avoid it completely - it's the one area of modding I'm not happy/comfortable with, because what might be spam/garbage to one person is not to another (evidently, due to the existence of this thread) - and it is one area of modding I am happy to leave to other people.

(And no - you cheeky monkey's - it isn't a challenge!! :lol: )

Also, I feel I must point out that this indirectly came from the fact that you misquoted me as suggesting people had said Nimras isn't doing his job, when in fact what I was pointing out was that he is doing his job, and that he happened to make a mistake - I was using a rhetorical question to emphasise the point.

Auriel wrote:Has anyone who can be taken serious said Nimras isn't doing his job? No.
Suggesting that anyone did = Fail.

Now you may say you weren't directly answering me (as you didn't actually quote me), but up until that point I was the only one who had said anything about Nimras 'not doing his job' - and that was as a rhetorical question to make a point - so naturally I feel it was aimed at me. If I am wrong - then I am sorry.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ah.. looks like it was another misunderstanding.
I apologise for fueling the confusion, I suppose I failed to see your point earlier, Wolf. :?
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

sorry, methinks i distracted auriel enough with my pm to distract her mind alot >_>

oh wells...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Rev. Auriel Daniels wrote:Ah.. looks like it was another misunderstanding.
I apologise for fueling the confusion, I suppose I failed to see your point earlier, Wolf. :?

Accepted and no hard feelings - and sorry if I came on a bit harsh (sleep deprivation isn't helping!).

:D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

:lol: good, now that thats resolved lets go back and play elsewhere....
killtacular
Forum Addict

Commander Ford wrote:
Phoenix of Terra wrote:
Commander Ford wrote:oh here come the spammers to the rescue :-D
this is ridiculous, guys i appreciate you come all this way out of the spam temple, but sometimes its just better to stay there and moan it all out where it belongs

*takes petition, and rips it in half*

Have you seen half the crap that comes to the temple? Really, we don't want some whiney little thread directed as an attack at Pianomutt. Or when people start "insulting gods" (aka, AGA attacking REK) or the "Your alliance is full of a bunch of gay fags" comments. That's stuff that awkwardly sits around the temple until Jack moves it to the dump. That's why we have the public dump.

Ford, I know you're hear to back up Nim, but that stuff isn't wanted in the temple. All we're asking is to take the middle step out of the following process:
General -> Temple -> Dump.

*Tapes petition back together*

you know what, your probably right about what you said there but quite honestly the parts that i read on the forums have been modded by Nimras flawlessly, so are you sure taking this step is right? i mean is it really just Nimras? you sure its not other mods as well, if thats the case why pick on a single mod?
*gets the sissors out* "here i come Terra"

Nimras is not flawless he is human.
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

killtacular wrote:
Commander Ford wrote:
Phoenix of Terra wrote:
Commander Ford wrote:oh here come the spammers to the rescue :-D
this is ridiculous, guys i appreciate you come all this way out of the spam temple, but sometimes its just better to stay there and moan it all out where it belongs

*takes petition, and rips it in half*

Have you seen half the crap that comes to the temple? Really, we don't want some whiney little thread directed as an attack at Pianomutt. Or when people start "insulting gods" (aka, AGA attacking REK) or the "Your alliance is full of a bunch of gay fags" comments. That's stuff that awkwardly sits around the temple until Jack moves it to the dump. That's why we have the public dump.

Ford, I know you're hear to back up Nim, but that stuff isn't wanted in the temple. All we're asking is to take the middle step out of the following process:
General -> Temple -> Dump.

*Tapes petition back together*

you know what, your probably right about what you said there but quite honestly the parts that i read on the forums have been modded by Nimras flawlessly, so are you sure taking this step is right? i mean is it really just Nimras? you sure its not other mods as well, if thats the case why pick on a single mod?
*gets the sissors out* "here i come Terra"

Nimras is not flawless he is human.

lies!!!! nim is a machine, a very sexy machine but still a machine.... He ca do no wrong!!!!!!!!

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”