market bug using development server - crime and punishment

#DANNII#

wrong acusation

i attend a college and have been checking my game on there alot..... the apparent developer site is the site that comes, up although i just presumed that it was a glitch in the game that would be sorted.......i noticed taht a few words were different but other then that i had no idea at first to what it was...... i was then informed by numerous ppl that it was an "EGG" site, something used in movies and games to help ppl that manage to find them and for those who don't it is just their misfortune.... i traded.. 20000 uu on there and if i am unable to regain my spy lvl i should be returned those as i never "CHEATED" on purpose .. i had no idea that the site was a developement server until realising that my spy was down and posting on the forums..... this is unfair, as i was not informed and admin should inform ppl of this before accusing them of cheating as such........ is it in anyway poosible taht i can have the lvl's returned or the troops..... how are ppl supposed to realise they are dong something wrong if there not let know in the first place.......this game is hard enoug as it is without things like this coming back to bite u on the butt........

#DANNII#
Kallitropinal
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

If i were you admin i'd give them no chance... Destroy them!!!
Go home and die
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

I'm quite shocked that so many people actually know about the dev server - I thought only a handful did.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
psychotic terrorist

i knew about it but didnt use it
Soapy
Forum Newbie

WhiteyDude wrote:I'm quite shocked that so many people actually know about the dev server - I thought only a handful did.

I didn't know about it. It looks as though I'm in the minority though :lol:

I've had numerous problems over the last few weeks trying to gain access to the server.

I just sucked it up like a woman does :P and didn't go asking for help after Forum posted that some people were experiencing difficulties logging in.
Ethaniel
Forum Irregular

hell i read this entire thread and i'm still lost? lol what did they do that's so wrong? the developer server over lots of naq for UU or something? ..?
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Antaios wrote:hell i read this entire thread and i'm still lost? lol what did they do that's so wrong? the developer server over lots of naq for UU or something? ..?

differant exchange rate on that server, and yes, it's still watched.

funny story about this thing though, originaly, i was on that list too. but i got on the dev server when Forum asked me to help him test it the morning before it was released. traded once to make sure it worked, got my next two spy lvl's that way. then, about an hour later, the market opened. and when Forum checked the ID logs, he caught me with the rest of these people.

it was quite funny, i got a good chuckle out of it.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

if you tested, it begs the question why it was'nt picked up earlier.
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
raistlin majere
Forum Elite
Alliance: Withheld
Race: Nanotimaster
ID: 8675309

Dyneasty wrote:No, I am not saying that you should punish the whole alliance, but those of us who used the loophole that are in the alliance did not do to further ourselves but to help others in the alliance.

So, if i rob a bank and use the money to pay foa a friends heart transplant or some other such procedure it's ok?
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:ZOMG IT"S RAI!!!
Bahamut
Forum Expert
Alliance: The AEON Kings
Race: SystemLord
ID: 1

from tiamot on ek forum ( ETERNAL KNIGHTS )

Tiamot wrote:SHHHHH... that's supposed to be a secret! For those that have SS, you'll notice that on the administration site (the stargatewar one instead of the stargatewars ending in s) you'll get more money for your troops.

Regular site 10,000 UU = 400,000,000 naqs
Admin. site 10,000 UU = 500,000,000 naqs

Only use the admin. site when the site goes down or you're trading for money & troops, otherwise they might notice the increased activity.

(Think about it, sell 50,000 UU on the admin. site on a multiple trade for 2,500,000,000 naqs. Then switch over to the regular server and sell back the money for 50,000 UU and keep the 500,000,000 naqs profit!)

clearly, a nice instruction how to cheat LOL :wink:
Last edited by Bahamut on Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MackTheKnife
Forum Intermediate

I don't belive I've ever been in the admin site, is it possible to put "THIS IS THE ADMIN SITE PLZ GO AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE AUTHORISED" or something on every page?
All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

I know that you shouldnt anyway, but is it just plain illegal to login to the dev server?

Or, is it just illegal if you do anything on it?

Just curious :o
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
JIX
Forum Addict

Bahamut wrote:from tiamot on ek forum ( ETERNAL KNIGHTS )

Tiamot wrote:SHHHHH... that's supposed to be a secret! For those that have SS, you'll notice that on the administration site (the stargatewar one instead of the stargatewars ending in s) you'll get more money for your troops.

Regular site 10,000 UU = 400,000,000 naqs
Admin. site 10,000 UU = 500,000,000 naqs

Only use the admin. site when the site goes down or you're trading for money & troops, otherwise they might notice the increased activity.

(Think about it, sell 50,000 UU on the admin. site on a multiple trade for 2,500,000,000 naqs. Then switch over to the regular server and sell back the money for 50,000 UU and keep the 500,000,000 naqs profit!)

clearly, a nice instruction how to cheat LOL :wink:
took awhile to post that....
Balhaar
Forum Spammer
Alliance: TSA
Race: Tollan
ID: 16602

I'm heard about the dev server when a load of members came to my alliance complaining of cheats within EK
Blessed be those who carry out the will of Balhaar, heretics be those who do not
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Dyneasty wrote:No, I am not saying that you should punish the whole alliance, but those of us who used the loophole that are in the alliance did not do to further ourselves but to help others in the alliance.

So, if i rob a bank and use the money to pay foa a friends heart transplant or some other such procedure it's ok?
Well if it was for my heart transplant I would say its ok lol..

Return to “For Admin Archives”