Changes to Pergatory

SlimD
Forum Irregular
Race: Human

Re: Changes to Pergatory

whatever the final outcome.

Admin - Please kick everyone from PERG - when the update kicks in (give them 24hrs of PPT if they complain).

1. Then active players will make their choice to go back or not - and (new/revised) limits can be applied

2. All those inactives can actually be raided by active players - or you can delete some and thin the herd of inactive accounts at the same time. Not saying 4997-5000 is inactive.. perhaps when the last login wasnt for months :)

Cheers and good luck with whatever is chosen.
SlimD
Cheers,
SlimD - sniffing around the forums
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

DaDigi wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Sweet, just 1 question. What do you mean by slowing of growth once over the limit to get in.

I would like to see an update where once you reach a certern(Sp?) size you get kicked of perg automaticing.

Certain*
Automatically*

:-)

I was about to do that :(

Love the 24 hour thing, now the next time someone pretends hes a terrorist and bombs one of my officers then hides in perg I'll be able to do something about it ^_^
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Colton wrote:
DaDigi wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Sweet, just 1 question. What do you mean by slowing of growth once over the limit to get in.

I would like to see an update where once you reach a certern(Sp?) size you get kicked of perg automaticing.

Certain*
Automatically*

:-)

I was about to do that :(

Love the 24 hour thing, now the next time someone pretends hes a terrorist and bombs one of my officers then hides in perg I'll be able to do something about it ^_^
well only if you log in before the 24 hours is up. :P ;)
Last edited by Rudy Peña on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Colton
Forum Elder

Was confused when I read that quote o_O
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Colton wrote:Was confused when I read that quote o_O

lol, I will reedit it. lol
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Colton
Forum Elder

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

NP mate, I was funny almost hard, but couldnt cause my roommate is sleeping.

But anyways back on topic.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Thanks Lore - lets just hope admin can be swayed to the same thinking.

The thing is that unless admin is willing to reduce the caps to enter/exit perg, then in order for the game to get slower, more restrictions will need to be placed on the ability to gain AT's - which will be bad for the smaller players in perg.

Admin - Please kick everyone from PERG - when the update kicks in (give them 24hrs of PPT if they complain).

1. Then active players will make their choice to go back or not - and (new/revised) limits can be applied

I definately agree
Colton
Forum Elder

Dizzy wrote:Thanks Lore - lets just hope admin can be swayed to the same thinking.

The thing is that unless admin is willing to reduce the caps to enter/exit perg, then in order for the game to get slower, more restrictions will need to be placed on the ability to gain AT's - which will be bad for the smaller players in perg.

I definately agree

Wouldn't you guys be a bit short on farms then? >_>
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: none atm
Race: replicator

not sure if i said this earlier
but i think the accension limit is what needs to change as what asgard or something wants to get involved with a LG, like omg lool

but i also think i few perg players should voice their opinions as it cant be one sided
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

all good except for the 24 hour no attack rule - it should be - no perg for any1 that attacked more than 5 times in the last 24 hours - this gives room for some menouvering - people should be able to hit their inactives or other source targets before they go into perg......5 aint gonna mass some1 (u could leave a 24 hour rule for no planet conquering attacks)
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer

I'm no longer in perg, and haven't been for some time (now 100mil+) but the premis behind removing everyone from perg is to weed out inactives that sit in perg and build up stupid amounts of UU - I would regularly see people with 1mil+ out on 20-30bil def when I was there.

That is part of what makes the growth in perg somewhat skewed. Currently, even with reduced AT's in perg compared to main, the growth in similar due to people being so large and AT's still being relatively easy to get.

In order to slow down the gameplay, the amount of accounts in perg would have to be reduced. It is not about having a set of farms where you can grow quickly, it is about perg being returned to its original intention, a place with slower game-play. The suggestions are to slow gameplay down. Thus that would mean removing the easy raids on inactives as much as possible.

there are also a few perg players that have voiced their opinion as well.
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

LOL, as long as raiding is not affected by that turns thing then perg will still be fine as you can mass raid some one, as for booting everyone from perg, that's silly and bigger players just want to take the farms from perg which are more beneficial to the smaller players anyways. Ummm if that attacks thing comes in that means i can sit around with 100 tril covert and no one can touch me so that is a silly suggestion and just means i don't have to loose 10% of my uu to lifers before i sell it

Overall i think perg is good as it is, the only thing that needs changing is the limit, i shouldn't be able to stay in perg with 47 mill army and nor should the people with 60 mill. To be honest all these constant changes wreck sgw, i feel big changes should be made to everything at once then just leave it alone
Last edited by Nobody101 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

well what i ment was that people shouldnt be not allowed into perg with more that 5 attacks/raids/sabbs etc and no planet taking over the last 24 hours - perg should not be a run away haven for people who mass and run or sab and run
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

1) Glory max per turn to 1, regardless of rank. (Ok)
2) Slowing the growth of army size limit over time. It will not get lower than it is currently. (ok)
3) 24hour 'no attack' before being able to enter. (excellent)
4) max of 4x15turn hits per day, per opponent.
(absolutely pants.)

This makes it easy for cowards to run to.

I personnally think perg should be dumped and removed.
Waste of time

end

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”