For the duration of the server war??

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Re: For the duration of the server war??

U must then also agree with me that the special crowd u refer to surely has 99% of it to blaim on themselfs. Both sides never were able to be respectfull to eachother (Wich with the past between em i cant blai mem for) The special rules were the only way to make sure people behave in these forums. Those who are banned apperently did not.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Tictac
Forum Grunt

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:
Tictac wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Tictac wrote:just because a word escapes the filter doesn't make it right....If I was speaking to my customers at work and i called them any variation of male genitaliar, I think they'd quite rightly be offended

You are right and wrong. Depends on the point of view.
What I wanted to prove and what also mr ~Freespirit~ did is that what is offending to one is not offending for others. The users abide by the rules of this forum and that word is not censored yet because it might not be offending to the majority. You can suggest it to be included in the filter though if it`s such a big deal and next time when someone uses it, it will be a rule breach. ;)

the word in question is offensive no matter how you see it,,,,,obviously as you rightly say some people might take offense in something another would not.....but surely that's the whole point of having a rule base.....one by which we all adhere.

@ freespirit if another version of that word gets picked up by the word filter that would suggest the meaning of the word is not acceptable

So by that your saying that every website, book, movie, cd u name it with for example the word phallus is insulting? Good luck getting all biology books fro mthe shelfs then ;)

Its only a word and humans give meaning to it ;)

well i can find a major floor in your theory there....I could probably find books, films and websites containing all the words on the ban filter! and I'm not talking abouyt x rated stuff

as I already said it was the contect in which it was used :roll:
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

@mordack, about my warning, it was cause i posted about mod issues in the war thread, correct?

the rules say:

-Anyone Acting Offensive, Spamming, Or Makeing Comment which are Disrespectful of a personal Nature, will be warned Once That is, 1 Time (A note will be made on the personal record of that person) if, said person acts in an innapropriate mannor again,The Comment will be Deleted, and they will be banned until the end of the war.

so, does that qualify has the 1 time warning? why? was it spam? disrespectful? or offensive??

in my point of view it was a valid point, so no spam, but yes it could have been posted elsewhere, i saw that after i posted, thats why i made this thread

disrespectfull, offensive? i dont think so, i just asked questions to a mod, where is the disrespect/offensive part in that? if you say: "your questioning his work" lol, dont get me started on that, everyone gets his work questioned and if not, they should :P
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

I have not seen the content myself therefor i wont make a judgement on it. Im just here to defend the rules that were made. Sure u cna probly find books with the banned words in em I dont doubt that if ur persistant and bothered enough. However I say again TJP and FUALL brought this upon themselfs they were the ones who forced the admin staff to put a stop to it.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Tictac
Forum Grunt

then there is this

So please, next time, if you want to be a Phalus (note, this was changed from another word due to word filter lol) about something..

he clearly knew the word he tried to use would have been blocked by the filter.....so he just got round the issue by using a meaning not blocked
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Tictac wrote:then there is this

So please, next time, if you want to be a Phalus (note, this was changed from another word due to word filter lol) about something..

he clearly knew the word he tried to use would have been blocked by the filter.....so he just got round the issue by using a meaning not blocked

errrr ... it is actually the filter changing the other word to Phallus :?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Nox
Forum Expert

~FreeSpirit~ wrote:U must then also agree with me that the special crowd u refer to surely has 99% of it to blaim on themselfs. Both sides never were able to be respectfull to eachother (Wich with the past between em i cant blai mem for) The special rules were the only way to make sure people behave in these forums. Those who are banned apperently did not.

lol, again, 99% :? :? lol, i agree i was always against omega and dde, but i never was disrespectfull to anyone, and i know many ppl that wasnt too, again, all get punished by the actions of a few, its wrong, plain and simple

i dont have the time or patience to go through the 1st threads, but i bet you would find only a few doing it, again and again, the same few, and others, just having fun lol, theres nothing wrong in a little tauting, unless its disrespectfull ofc, but in most cases it isnt :P
Tictac
Forum Grunt

deni wrote:
Tictac wrote:then there is this

errrr ... it is actually the filter changing the other word to Phallus :?

well I can imagine the word he tried to use, either way it's disrespectful

-Anyone Acting Offensive, Spamming, Or Makeing Comment which are Disrespectful of a personal Nature, will be warned

if you make a rule like that, you should be prepared to back it up
Nox
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:so, does that qualify has the 1 time warning? why? was it spam? disrespectful? or offensive??

If it breaks a rule in one of the four server war threads, then it is a mandatory warning. You broke atleast two, spam and disobeying a moderator.

"disobeying a moderator" ??? lol, spam i can understand, even being a valid question, it wasnt thread related, so ok with that, but shouldnt you get a warning here also? ;) lol
Jack wrote:Customers? Work? You going to buy something from me? My time perhaps for being your moderator? I only take USD, and I accept all credit cards that Paypal accepts. :D

but again "disobeying a moderator" ?? why? cause i asked you for a reason for your actions? how is that disobeying, has a person in this community, i can ask for reasons for everyone actions, they can answer or not, even if it was jason, the admin, i would ask the same thing, and it is not, nor it will ever be disobeying anyone, a mod is someone that gives the community a service, so the community can ask for reasons on the actions of that service right?

and another thing, this "special" rules have been set since sept, did any "real" players get banned b4 cause of them? im not talking about those accounts ppl create just to make havoc in the foruns, nor am talking about those noobs that buy strong accounts and think they're all powerfull, im talking about real players like now, and while we're at it, did any fuall player got banned also ??
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Nox wrote:
Jack wrote:
Nox wrote:so, does that qualify has the 1 time warning? why? was it spam? disrespectful? or offensive??

If it breaks a rule in one of the four server war threads, then it is a mandatory warning. You broke atleast two, spam and disobeying a moderator.

"disobeying a moderator" ??? lol, spam i can understand, even being a valid question, it wasnt thread related, so ok with that, but shouldnt you get a warning here also? ;) lol
Jack wrote:Customers? Work? You going to buy something from me? My time perhaps for being your moderator? I only take USD, and I accept all credit cards that Paypal accepts. :D

but again "disobeying a moderator" ?? why? cause i asked you for a reason for your actions? how is that disobeying, has a person in this community, i can ask for reasons for everyone actions, they can answer or not, even if it was jason, the admin, i would ask the same thing, and it is not, nor it will ever be disobeying anyone, a mod is someone that gives the community a service, so the community can ask for reasons on the actions of that service right?

and another thing, this "special" rules have been set since sept, did any "real" players get banned b4 cause of them? im not talking about those accounts ppl create just to make havoc in the foruns, nor am talking about those noobs that buy strong accounts and think they're all powerfull, im talking about real players like now, and while we're at it, did any fuall player got banned also ??

You can always ask for reasons, just do it in the appropriate section (here) . It has been said countless times ...

and if it makes you happy, I think Priape was one of the first to be banned until the end of the war because of the new rules.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Nox
Forum Expert

deni wrote:
You can always ask for reasons, just do it in the appropriate section (here) . It has been said countless times ...

thats what i said ;) lol, i know that, or posting there is the "disobeying a moderator" part?? ;) lol so, but if it is, is not spam, or is it both??

deni wrote:and if it makes you happy, I think Priape was one of the first to be banned until the end of the war because of the new rules.

ok, didnt know that, glad someone is reading my questions ;)
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

all get punished by the actions of a few, its wrong, plain and simple

Yes, it is.

But after repeated attempts to get the respectful people to tell there peers and alliancemates to be good boys and girls, To no avail, then we implemented these rules as a last resort. You could have told people who where being rude, disrespectful and obscene on your side to stop it, yet you didnt. So we stopped it. It has proven effective, however people still insist on attempting to break the new rules, and until they realise the rules are there to be followed, they will continue to be banned.

just having fun lol, theres nothing wrong in a little tauting, unless its disrespectfull ofc, but in most cases it isnt

No, there is nothing wrong with haveing a little fun, but as you stated, You cannot be bothered looking, I can assure you that it was a much larger crowd than just 2 or 3. And it was not meant as fun in most of the cases

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the rules on the forum are open to interpretation, these however, are not, as such will be followed to the letter, That is not up for debate until we decide yall who are naughty can behave.

As for Jack, He set out to mod by the rules we have set out. He has done this time and time again. He is not in the wrong.

These rules are quite clear and can be found quoted in this thread, and in the second post by deni who point you in there direction, the reasons etc, are there, as are the rules, As clear as daylight ,and as i stated, are not up for debate.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
whereub
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: 10 THUMBS- CANT MASS
ID: 49443

why is it ok for a mod to spam the thread but not anyone else ?

or when told not to say something or not to bring it up again and a mod does ....its ok ?
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

whereub wrote:why is it ok for a mod to spam the thread but not anyone else ?

or when told not to say something or not to bring it up again and a mod does ....its ok ?

As the rules state...there is to be no spam, there can be a little light heartidness, but if its off topic then it is spam. Do you have some form of evidence to this claim?
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Nox wrote:lol, tnx for the warning mordack :P

but you still, or any mod/forum admin explained to me, how can someone be banned without a warning ??

and listed in the ban list without a reason

and deni, 3 warnings in 1 post takes the whole meaning of warning lol :P

the warning is set for ppl to know what they did wrong, and dont do it again

like, i just got a warning cause i posted about a mod in the war thread (despite the fact that tons of that mod posts there, are not war related but talking about mod issues, so ppl tend to respond in the place they see the posts :? its just logic ) :P

so now, cause of that warning, i now am posting here

and again, mordack those rules for the war thread were done long ago ok, no prob, still doesnt make them right, ppl can follow the rules, but still i dont get why make special rules cause of a particular war

I'm sorry about the warning, Nox, but it was made clear by a number of moderators that nobody was supposed to be posting about forum issues in that thread. I don't especially like giving warnings, but when someone ignores a number of rather obvious and strongly-worded posts then you aren't left with much of a choice.

The rules about spamming apply to everybody, too. I've disciplined people from both sides for it, and I've even asked a fellow moderator to stop posting. If you see it going on, then you're welcome to use the 'report' function. I'm not picking and choosing whom I punish, though.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”