Era 19 - Living WorldShips ...its a biggy

Records of the Eras that came before
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Re: Era 19 - Living WorldShips ...its a biggy

Hippy it states that hits will cost a lot more than the usual "wear and tear" so massing will be expensive for the attacker at any rate.
Need to have 1/10th weapons to enemies shields to not get devestating, the best players should be able to defend 10x what some noob can get from a small farming session.

Yes without nox/crit it will be quicker to perform a mass, but wasn't it better this way back in the good old days when one did not have to waste hours of their life dealing with the nox, THANK YOU POWERFUL WORLD SHIPS FOR KILLING THE MEDLING NOX.

=)
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

they didnt just kill them they ate them swallowed the entire world 8)
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

schuesseled wrote:Hippy it states that hits will cost a lot more than the usual "wear and tear" so massing will be expensive for the attacker at any rate.
Need to have 1/10th weapons to enemies shields to not get devestating, the best players should be able to defend 10x what some noob can get from a small farming session.

Yes without nox/crit it will be quicker to perform a mass, but wasn't it better this way back in the good old days when one did not have to waste hours of their life dealing with the nox, THANK YOU POWERFUL WORLD SHIPS FOR KILLING THE MEDLING NOX.

=)

Lol yes i never was too fond of the Nox!

Anyway, i suppose we will see in a few days how much damage we take from attacking/defending :D

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Yup, Unless someone wants to test it out on war server. Ill go put everything into stats ^^

OH and something about the wave, total rank, galatic rank, seems to be a total power rank system as apposed to a mean of all other ranks system
(as it usually is)

I assume this is new? Because someone can theorectically win the server by solely concentrating in the stat that gives the most power assuming military experience isnt much, it will most probably be Sensor Capacity. It generally is the highest, someone concentrating on that mostly through out the wave and then building it fully on last turn is a sure in to win ^^
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

HippyFool
Forum Elder

Hmm it does mean that rank 1 sensor (AC) will 99% definitely have rank 1 Galactic power...

Something i was thinking this last wave, which could be even more important this wave is to even up stats...it wouldnt actually change anything other than the top players having more power (which they deserve dont they?)

example: (I will use each rank 1 stat from last wave)

rank 1 strike - 54,896,220,467,865
rank 1 def - 54,896,220,467,865
rank 1 cov(AC) -351,337,297,572,700,672
rank 1 MS - 35,076,132,000,000

So att/def/MS are reasonable close in power difference...but AC power is around 6400x more powerful...

Now i havnt really considered the possible implications...but why not just make cov 6000x less powerful or att/def/MS 6000x more powerful? that way the top player would actually have a level of power which represents their real total power...

Just an idea...

jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

Firing Power 32,760 Ranked: 99
went from rank 100ish to 699 to 99 in the course of a few turns..
and i didn't do anything about it
o.O
and i went from rank 6 to 14 to 5... in those respective turns
bug i guess

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
DarkAvenger 666
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 66613

jabujabu wrote:Firing Power 32,760 Ranked: 99
went from rank 100ish to 699 to 99 in the course of a few turns..
and i didn't do anything about it
o.O
and i went from rank 6 to 14 to 5... in those respective turns
bug i guess

No lol when you train your Larva in to miners its takeing away larva witch are your main ATT/DEF peeps so there for it takes from your Firing Power and Shield Strength
jabujabu
Forum Regular

lol bro
read it
it's 32760
31,200 / 31,200
is the weapon strength
there's no way i could drop 600 ranks in strike with a maximum of 1000 power difference...

Spoiler
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok...not sure about this rank jumping. will keep an eye...points to date, answered:

1) galactic rank is the sum of all ranks, lowest sum ranked galactic rank #1 ... same as before, but with 6 measures.
1b) i would like the stats to be close. not out by x1600 :) -- i may need to reduce the cov/ac (scan/sense) numbers....this will also affect how scan to pieces works...sortof. whatever is done, it will be equal for all.
2) the ship weight is the amount of components it has. of any type. coincidentally, each component weighs the same, exactly 1 zettaton. (zetta is 10^21 .... did you know that the earth weighs aproximately 1trillioin tonnes per person? so the earth weighs 5x10^21 tonnes ... so if you get 5 components on your ship, it is earth sized....on another bit of trivia ive not had chance to use yet, 1 square centimeter of a neutron star weighs about the same as 2 million elephants...thats dense! ). it is not ranked.
3) top techs/up affect upgrade costs for others. technology pioneers pay more. then everyone else scans you :)
4) attack and defense work the same. so an attacker without shields will lose many weapons, scanners and sensors. the defender weapons will do much damage. the exact % and such is all set to be easily customizable...so mass away but if people mass a user with big offense, and reasonable shields, it WILL hurt. the 'wear and tear' will hopefully stop the large from massing the small if its not worth it...unless they're just mean :)
5) to see stats is the same as last era, except instead of your cov vs. their cov, it is not your scanner vs. their sensor.
6) the removal of the 'techs' that differed by race will not affect the bonus as seen on the hompage (ie +30% etc)...it will though make the races closer as those bonuses (+50%/+60% etc) were huge when all were applied. It will also keep the numbers a bit lower as those bonuses are not around. with techs that can go into the 10's of 1000's, i am not sure why we'd need a 3 shot then done system :)
7) no banking fees for anyone.
8) max turn before stop generating still 2000.

i am open to other small changes if it makes sense. i would like this era to rock and not run into any 'show stoppers' :)
but i do expect some minor adjustment needed in a brand new fighting system, as yet untested :)
btw - beta server access code is 123 ... i will put the last bits of updated code (fixes from today) up there within 24hours...

oh also - i am trying $ advertizing for quantum to get some new blood...er...players .. for those that like reset/quantum specifically, and maybe would not play main/goto ad for main sgw.....will see how it goes. if it works even moderately well, i'll advertize first 30 days of each era....so play nice with newbies :)
Don't make me use this!!!
jabujabu
Forum Regular

Is the top U/P calculated by adding larva + mining spectra + larva production rate
still?
so the top U/P is 972 right now T_T

Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Hmm thanks that cleared up quite a bit.... One last question that come to mind for now :)

- does each of the 6 stats make up 1/6th (16.6%) of total rank?, or do some have higher weighting than others? if so what is the weighting :D

jabujabu wrote:Is the top U/P calculated by adding larva + mining spectra + larva production rate
still?

The top UP is your daily generated lava (currently 134) times 6. so the top RAW UP is - 804.

It is impossible to find out top total UP :)

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

lol. thats quite a formula :)
no. its not that :) it really is top up...and i cannot remember how you'd backwards engineer the numbers to find out what it is :) actually i can but i will not ...leave that to you ...but its not obvious.
and all ranks are equal ... 1/6th each. sortof. if i had rank 1 in 5 stats, but rank 2000 in the 6th....i'd have a total of 2005. someone with rank 100 in each would have total 600. so did my 6th stat 'count more' ??? if there were 3000 players, and each had 1 total higher than the previous, that puts him at rank 600, me rank 2005....
ah fun with numbers :)

jabujabu wrote:Is the top U/P calculated by adding larva + mining spectra + larva production rate
still?
Don't make me use this!!!
jabujabu
Forum Regular

HippyFool wrote:- does each of the 6 stats make up 1/6th (16.6%) of total rank?, or do some have higher weighting than others? if so what is the weighting :D

still?

The top UP is your daily generated lava (currently 134) times 6. so the top RAW UP is - 804.

It is impossible to find out top total UP :)

Imprinted Symbiote Larva Production Rate 819 /day
clearly not right hippy =P

it seems like firing power and shield strength are valued more
Firing Power Ranked: 106
Shield Strength Ranked: 40
Scanner Strength Ranked: 121
Sensor Capacity Ranked 28 <=========== missing a : btw
and ranked 5 galactic power
lol messed up stats for the win

Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Hmm ok must have changed from last wave then :P

My mistake!

Sorry i worked it out - the change was in the ones trained to miners...

So its currently (134x6)+15

:)

Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Era Military Experience 0 Ranked: 123

You seriously made all time ME count for 1/6 of total rank? Or else how did 122 players get ahead of me?

Return to “Quantum Archives”