Forum Titles??

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: Forum Titles??

Users browsing this forum: Bazsy, Pimping D and 1 guest

lets see what baz says...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Pimping D wrote:Users browsing this forum: Bazsy, Pimping D and 1 guest

lets see what baz says...

not much at all. Baz is the man behind the curtain... :wink:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
semper

Mordack wrote:
Semper wrote:The USAF are the only human military ranks I would accept due to their use in the SG franchise itself, but I would push and stress to make sure right at the top above all military ranks the I.O.A have the top rank. :-D

Well the ranks I suggested was USAF ranks, and I think that including the IOA ranks is a damn good idea. :-D

I know. I was agreeing with yours in the face of other horrible suggestions.

I would still prefer a neutral system with no references to any specific country, race etc etc... but if people HAVE to have something like that.. USAF and IOA would be the ones.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

don't really like them either ... I mean, Goa'ulds etc with "F-302" as title? :?
but I do have to say that US Military titles would be even worse.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Reschef wrote:I mean, Goa'ulds etc with "F-302" as title? :?

that was a problem running through our minds when we wrote the list... we could not find a truly natural solution...

military ranks would not be right... its not nearly stargatey enough...

here's a list that shows a few of the titles... (not revealing all...)

[spoiler]Death glider
Tel'tak
Puddle Jumper
Jaffa
Asuran
Ori
City Ship
terraformer
Prior
Hive Ship
D.H.D.
Wraith Keeper
Goa'uld
Stargate
Al'kesh
F-302[/spoiler]

the titles are in no particular order (nor same order as the post counts)...

so if you have suggestions for a more fair, non-militaristic, stargatey system, feel free to toss it out... (we wont set up a military system till after the forum becomes a military dictatorship, which we dont want...)

the idea behind it, is to have each rank be non-personal, reflecting some minor and or major aspect or piece of the stargate universe in a non-specific order...

we found that it would not be possible for us alone to set up a perfect system, so we set up the current one, with the possibility of altering it greatly, in order to find people willing to give good suggestions for it...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Zeratul wrote:so if you have suggestions for a more fair, non-militaristic, stargatey system, feel free to toss it out... (we wont set up a military system till after the forum becomes a military dictatorship, which we dont want...)

the idea behind it, is to have each rank be non-personal, reflecting some minor and or major aspect or piece of the stargate universe in a non-specific order...

maybe something that has to do to with the post count as number for how many planets you visited throughout your journey? Just can't think of names yet ...

Edit: Wasn't there something like "Warning, a new post [...] while you were typeing"? that was actually very usefull ... would be cool if we could get that back.
Last edited by Reschef on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
semper

Zeratul wrote:so if you have suggestions for a more fair, non-militaristic, stargatey system, feel free to toss it out... (we wont set up a military system till after the forum becomes a military dictatorship, which we dont want...)

we found that it would not be possible for us alone to set up a perfect system, so we set up the current one, with the possibility of altering it greatly, in order to find people willing to give good suggestions for it...

That's impossible Zera. No such system exist's in the SG universe.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we know... had one existed, we'd naturally have used it...

the idea is for various people here to create one...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I like the new avy DC.

As for the names, this game is no longer based on Star Gate. Why are you now basing forum names on it? That makes no sense to me. You can now be any race from any SY FI uni you want. The prior names were "forum" based, not ingame based. Thats why I like them over these. But what ever you decide will be fine.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

we are slowly silping away from SGW, so we need to try to get it back and this is a step in the right direction (A small one), we need to have ranks related to SGW, i could come up with a few.
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Mr. Immature wrote:we are slowly silping away from SGW, so we need to try to get it back and this is a step in the right direction (A small one), we need to have ranks related to SGW, i could come up with a few.

I agree with that!
Bias Admin colour
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

I know of a mod used on the vBulletin forum system which allowed you to choose which "rank set" you would be assigned. There was a default, generic set, and there were various others (Air Force, Army, Navy, etc). I will try to see if there is a phpBB3 version of that mod.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

hmm... such a thing could be useful...

even if it would mean extra work...

semper

could use ascension levels for ranks.

Ascension requires no-to-little skill. Just a bit of time, button clicking and you're up. People with highest ascension are just the people with more time and bother on their hands.

It's not a big jump from the system of posting.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the ascension ranks are way too silly... (at higher levels) and there's too few...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”