Ban me for masking?

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

Re: Ban me for masking?

andell wrote:
b. Profanity
The use of profanity on the SGW forums is prohibited at all times. This means swearing, cursing and vulgarity. This includes the use of masking. SGW is a family orientated game and as such the language used must be suitable for children.
isn't there an age limit for GW(SGW) like 12 or something..find it hard to believe that a twelve year old haven't heard or uses swear words... honestly i don't get how you can warn/ban ppl for typing a letter and a bunch of **** i mean swearing is part of our Society. and everyone uses it every day so i don't get why we cant type what we want.. i don't really think it could hurt them to read something that they face everyday in rl..

true

but why make the forums a place where the worse parts of the world lived. if we can lessen the impact here it's a start. And what is happening is those who take things abit to personally, are using this loop hole to insult and berate players. There enough way u can trash talk if u want with out dropping the F bomb.

Jedi tank doesn't let his kids on here any more dose he ? Tell u what, if i still had under age kids ( my oldest is 30, youngest 21) i would raise all Holy hell if some one told them to get **Filtered** on this forum. I go as far as to see what legal ramifications for the owner are. Not to win any cash settlement, but to make him change things, or spend money defending them. But that just me.
Easy^ Rocks
Easy^
Forum Elite

Deni if you told your friends you went to FU they'd still laugh cause it sounds funny, since most of the ppl on this word will see FU as a foul language :P

So funny haha... you went to FU and now you're in FUALL. Hilarious :) seems you have a thing for FU acronyms.
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

deni wrote:
H1N1 wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:so in the light of what i said here i should change my verdict about the follwoing case shoudn't i ?

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=154554&start=0

tropic thunder used an acrynome 'dh' and got warned for it by a mod (and yes that's a recent topic. you yourself poseted it was against the rules in there.

so what exactly will be the joint statements of the forum team on this cuz it just seems to contradic eachother all the time.

apart from that acrynomes are different from masking, why ? becausse you can't 100% prove what they ment. when you however write a word differently to bypass the wordfilter then you are technicly masking

if you were ever listening (dunno rly) dh has been a warnable offense for over a year, ask Tokko and TJ about it;)

No need to waste your time Matt.

How can you expect someone to listen when they did not even do the effort of reading user notes.

i actuay do read usernotes, it's not cuz i ask you to motivate something that i dodn't read em. ever stopped and wondered why i ask? perhaps it ahs something to do with regular users not being able to read it but actualy wanting to know why this or why that ...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the mods were told... but you obviously did not see it...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

acronyms are not warn objects, no... that is why they are filtered away... because a fair system for warning could not be found...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Easy^
Forum Elite

Well if ppl got used to some words its easier to put a filter on them then warn each time... You could be looking up into massive bans if you uphold your NON bias mod position ( :smt118 )
Spoiler
Easy^
Forum Elite

I retire from this thread for the rest of the weekend. I'll be back tho.

Have a nice Weekend.

Easy
Spoiler
Easy^
Forum Elite

So i'm still not sure we've ended this discussion.....

Can we make rules more clear please?
Spoiler
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

Jack wrote: but FRAK THAT.

now clearly, this is masking, and was reported earlier today, and the thread in question has been visited by mods and admin, BUT NO MODDING, NO WARNING FOR MASKING
Easy^ Rocks
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

papa~smurf wrote:
Jack wrote: but FRAK THAT.

now clearly, this is masking, and was reported earlier today, and the thread in question has been visited by mods and admin, BUT NO MODDING, NO WARNING FOR MASKING

Never seen Battlestar Galactica, I presume? Passes the prude-filters on US television, no complaints there. You're obviously confused.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

i cover that when i received a warning for masking for using a similar change

i was told masking is masking
Easy^ Rocks
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

papa~smurf wrote:i cover that when i received a warning for masking for using a similar change

i was told masking is masking

:-k Guess I'm the one who is confused then. :oops:
*runs away* Talk to the bosses.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

see this thread, i can also provide copies of pm where the use of other words such as Jack did where used

masking is masking

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=153916
Last edited by papa~smurf on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Easy^ Rocks
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Must say I agree with papa~smurf here - masking stays masking, and what Jack did is obviously masking. Either let the same cases go or not, but (I know it's not on purpose) but letting mods go (or whatever reason may or not be used) gives impressions of bias.
-Ben
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

actually, the word "frak" or "frack" was brought up a while ago in the mod sections, and it was decided to not deem that masking at the time...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”