Mods and Admin having a "Time Period"

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: Mods and Admin having a "Time Period"

MajorLeeHurts wrote:LOL I didnt make this suggestion thread. I did make a suggestion as did many others. Now that it is here even tho I do not believe it belongs here. I would suggest YOU discuss this in the mod forum as to how you would implement the requested changes to the service structure.

Please do let us know how YOU plan to address and rectify this current problem now that it has been brought to YOU ALL.

I never said you created this thread. I stated you have been constantly suggesting things, but not taken the step forward like RoKeT has and yet you still post reasons why you shouldn't suggest something to help this forum when apparently all you wish to do is "help the forum".

Who says this has not been spoken of since the creation of this thread? Nobody has. [-(

There is no current problem, in my eyes or a few others. There are just players whining about wanting changes, while not putting forward any solid or backable suggestions.

RoKeT has taken the ideas you have all suggested, and put them forward without the knowledge of what the poster truly wanted or intended. I do not blame him for this, nor hold him at fault. Although, the main difference between him and you players? He's at least trying to help.

Another topic that comes to mind with your suggestions. The Ombudsman. You wanted to increase the power of that role, and yet look at how the voting is going. OE voting for OE, DDE voting for DDE, The Legion voting for the Legion, and a few others voting for Psi or Clarkey. You want us to increase the power for that type of role? I would not mind giving more power to a role that is justly earned, but when alliances/empires band together to pull for a candidate in their own alliance, regardless of how bad that individual or how badly he can effect the forum..I just have to laugh at how sad it is.

Once again, I ask you to put forward suggestions to better help the discussion rather than demanding answers or a decision. Thank you. <3
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Did most of you actually read what I said.. or did you find that you drifted in and out? Get stuck on the 'remove all admins and GM's'? Imbeciles.

- not removing all mods. Removing the beyond reproach of admins and GM's. Admins are elected from very select group. Blue's stay put and GM's are there to work with admins... any admin worth their weight would bring in the old GM's anyway and on that point you KNOW the two forum team admins would bring in old GM's anyway!

- Problem with experience = one of old admins are re-elected. One of mod team is promoted to admin. (again.. you're idiots). Only one person would be voted on from outside the team and they'd be a forum veteran. Someone who's been here for 4-5 years. They wont be an idiot.

- Problem with voting. Popularity is irrelevant because experience will be preserved. Handle allies voting by bringing in my rule from the awards and stopping them from doing it.
[spoiler]Simple justification the same with hall of fame. The award/role is such that you should need external support to get it to be worthy and to avoid bias.[/spoiler]

- The voting and fixed terms prevents forum team monopoly as well as making sure bad admins and mods suffer by losing the elections and hence losing their power.

Come on guys... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work these points out.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

The voting is biased anyways or havent you noticed. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I wonder why this is brought up now anyways :-k inquiring minds want to know.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:The voting is biased anyways or havent you noticed. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I wonder why this is brought up now anyways :-k inquiring minds want to know.
i agree. All voting for whatever it is on this forum is biased. This current team is doing a pretty good job and the Oms office is proof of that, none of this garbage about people being too scared to complain or not bothered to report stuff. [-(
Image ImageImageImage
renegadze
Forum Elite

Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:The voting is biased anyways or havent you noticed. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I wonder why this is brought up now anyways :-k inquiring minds want to know.
i agree. All voting for whatever it is on this forum is biased. This current team is doing a pretty good job and the Oms office is proof of that, none of this garbage about people being too scared to complain or not bothered to report stuff. [-(

So you're saying because there are cases in the "Oms Office" people are reporting "stuff"? and how exactly do you calculate all those that don't report because of the reasons above then?

IMO there should be no application process for Mods, people should be approaced by the Admins about a position when it has been noted that they are being both helpful and diplomatic with their posts. This negates any voting system (which we can all agree is ALWAYS rigged).

But on the previous question should the Admins be replaced? Yes I do believe there should be a lifecycle on their position - some people never forget abuses of power, and unfortunately. 'that' will follow those that do it for a very long time.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

The one thing I have yet to see from anyone on this forum is proof of abuse of an individual's power. All I hear is "the admins should be replaced because of the abuse in power" from multiple people, yet nobody has provided a single instance as to how one has abused it.

Interesting. :-k
semper

Zeratul editing post's to preserve the identification of his multi's. That enough for you Noobert? That's a power no one else has other than the GM's and Admins and hence using it for personal gain when no others have access IS abuse of power.

As for voting.. I am saying it wouldn't matter.. it would give the community some say to get rid of mods and admins they didn't like. It's a popularity contest YES but that avoids this and because of the things I specified it keeps the source pool small and still filled with experience in 2/3 positions when looked at directly with forum team members.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

It has been tried in the past to have GMs without considerable experience as blue mod and Admins without experience as GMs. Without exception, it did not work out. One of those was also an admin that had never had anything to do with the staff before.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Semper wrote:Zeratul editing post's to preserve the identification of his multi's. That enough for you Noobert? That's a power no one else has other than the GM's and Admins and hence using it for personal gain when no others have access IS abuse of power.

As for voting.. I am saying it wouldn't matter.. it would give the community some say to get rid of mods and admins they didn't like. It's a popularity contest YES but that avoids this and because of the things I specified it keeps the source pool small and still filled with experience in 2/3 positions when looked at directly with forum team members.

No - I said proof. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. I wish that were the case, I'd be King of the World with Deni as my personal slave but sadly.. :(
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I noticed what Semper talks about happening during the awards (in the discussion thread), mainly related to the award about role player of the year, and was wondering what the hell was the problem with telling the identity of the multi in question, not that it's not easy to discover if one checks closely (I did find out without much difficulty), as it didn't require the use of staff powers to find out.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that time in the awards was one of our flaws and mistakes, and the people truly affected by it (that round of awards mods) were apologized to. and it was in the RPer award thread, not in the discussion thread.

At the time we still had that illusion the forum multi in question was fairly hidden, though that illusion was starting to fall apart. (we had never really done a good enough job to hide it to begin with)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

=D>
And this is the Admin you players want to remove? An Admin that admits his faults, apologizes for them, and tries to make amends?

Proof enough is there, but at least he stood up and apologized for it. Win in my books. :smt060
semper

Apologising for the mistake when your ass is being nailed to the wall for it.. isn't good enough. It doesn't excuse the year of power abuse he used to hide it originally. If squirming under pressure at the point of judgement/potential punishment worked a hell of a lot more nazis would have walked free. ;)

Many have been punished and stripped of their privledges for less (myself included)...I did not see mercy from the admins on any of these occasions. He abused his power... fact his fact and by acknowledging his apology you acknowledge his fault as fact Noobert.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Tekki
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Noobert wrote:I asked in the other thread, so I will ask here.

Who has the experience in handling forum matters to be promoted to Admin? Let alone Global Moderators. Very few Moderators are ready to step forward for the Global position, let alone Adminship in my opinion. This is why I am asking this question.

Or do you intend to pick Admins/Globals from players of this community? If so, I would also like for you to show me people with the experience and willingness to step forward and do a good job for the benefit of this forum, and not themselves.

*Points to self*

+1
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

+1

(and that's a serious +1 because I never actually did anything to "benefit" myself, just went a little crazy is all.)
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”