mods abuse

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Re: mods abuse

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well..the old grey area of interpretation excuse, how quaint.**Filtered**...you don't do **Filtered**, then at a whim all of a sudden a thread is policed and bad mod work is justified with grey area excuses and alternate arguments within....the fact is you police a war thread with more vigor than you do a serious discussion thread...as a matter of fact you all lead the way in crapping up serious discussion threads with spam, lame excuses and petty insults. DO IT RIGHT OR GTF OUT.

Why not make an actual effort and present the problems you are talking about (with evidence if possible) in a constructive manner rather then using vulgar words and insults triggering the filter

at this time in present all i understand form you posts is that your talking about a grey area that in actuality the majority of you posts fit in, for instance your post above
Jedi~Tank wrote:DO IT RIGHT OR GTF OUT.
what is "GTF" well we all know would you prefer we give the warning point for that masking?
and how many of your posts just contain a smilie?
b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users. In addition, creating consecutive posts as opposed to using the edit function will be considered spam (referred to as double or triple (or more) posting).

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be personally issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

if there was no leniency, then many people would have been perma-banned years ago
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Your petty threat means nothing. It's your job to do the right thing, it's not mine to hold your hand thru it.

Edit: although I will point out you are more interested in ducking what this is about...

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:You know the rules, you have known the rules for many years. You still troll, you still spam, you still insult or take jabs at individuals, and you still complain when something comes up of this nature.

If you want to complain, propose a solution to your problem because only the whiners on this forum seem to have a problem with how the Moderators operate, where as the sensible people realize the **Filtered** we deal with from you all.

Thank you, have a nice day. <3

So your statement would indicate you think you are above and beyond everyone else.. Perhaps this sentiment is shared and thus a root cause. Count how many spam posts are in this thread...oh, I forgot spam is in the eye of the beholder and thus not spam as would be deemed by the committee.. :-k

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Noobert wrote:You know the rules, you have known the rules for many years. You still troll, you still spam, you still insult or take jabs at individuals, and you still complain when something comes up of this nature.

If you want to complain, propose a solution to your problem because only the whiners on this forum seem to have a problem with how the Moderators operate, where as the sensible people realize the **Filtered** we deal with from you all.

Thank you, have a nice day. <3

So your statement would indicate you think you are above and beyond everyone else.. Perhaps this sentiment is shared and thus a root cause. Count how many spam posts are in this thread...oh, I forgot spam is in the eye of the beholder and thus not spam as would be deemed by the committee.. :-k

Where does it say he thinks he is above and beyond everyone else? And who is to say it is shared?

Yes there are spam posts, but you may have noticed a verbal in topic by me, telling them to keep on topic. I don't really see anymore spam. We *do* take action.

And yes, spam is in the eye of the beholder. For example, you believed one of my posts was spam and reported it. I believed it wasn't spam and was in fact on topic. Naturally I didn't handle the report, as it involved me. But the mod who did handle it seemed to have the same view as me. Differing views on spam, spam being in the eye of the beholder.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Then by your own logic you are not needed. This particular thread was trashed by you mods with spam from the get go until now.....oh wait, you behold it as not spam, my bad. :smt021 Point

Fire will burn you, water will drown you, cold will freeze you....but 4 of my neighbors believe that...5 of my neighbors say otherwise...so.....5 to 4 fire, water, and cold won't do that because? More said not than yes? Oh wait..it's in the eye of the beholder. =D>

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:Then by your own logic you are not needed. This particular thread was trashed by you mods with spam from the get go until now.....oh wait, you behold it as not spam, my bad. :smt021 Point

By my own logic? How did you come to that conclusion? If there weren't mods, this place would go straight down the drain due to the trolls and spammers left unrestrained.

Some mods spammed. Some actually posted legitimate discussion. Don't place the actions of a minority of mods against all of them. And you are one to talk of spamming... *looks at posts in public dump*

Jedi~Tank wrote:Fire will burn you, water will drown you, cold will freeze you....but 4 of my neighbors believe that...5 of my neighbors say otherwise...so.....5 to 4 fire, water, and cold won't do that because? More said not than yes? Oh wait..it's in the eye of the beholder. =D>

That's a ridiculous comparison. I highly doubt your neighbours would truly believe that, if they did, they'd be surprised when they went to touch fire, live underwater or in the arctic without the correct equipment. And it's not based on majority, it's based on common sense and intuition while we are modding.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Psyko wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:While many of the rules are more straightforward, some are more open to interpretation by the mod or mods involved. That being said, many of the posts marked as spam I have seen recently were in reply to moderator posts, which is covered quite clearly in the rules: "Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages." This topic is the type of thing we want happening, rather than people ranting in a war topic or a discussion topic about what a mod should or shouldn't do.

There are many pros and cons to leaving other spam posts in a topic, depending on their severity, and this has been discussed multiple times. It would be useful to post about specific situations where you feel that it has been handled badly so as to get a discussion working.

That's a crock of **Filtered** too..I replied 2 times directly to mods in the thread and will do so again because let's face it..going through the proper channels or whatever... :smt043 is a waste of time...still my point remains..you intrpreted war talk as spam and spam as war talk but Hey..it's all a matter of individual perspective right? So if that how **Filtered** rolls nowadays as the game falls ever closer into the abyss...WTH are you and he and she and them for? :roll: spam cops? This thread is proof of your inept ability to do a forum proper.

There is a difference between replying to a mod in a thread, and replying to a mod's official actions/post within a thread. The latter is spam, the former is not.

Also, the interpretation of the rules is not a new thing. It has been there forever. Each mod has a different opinion when it comes to the gray area within each of the rules. Some are more strict about the letter of the law, others are more lenient.

If there is a 'grey area' within the rules then how can you in good conscious warn people? Rules should be as specific as they come. Warning someone for a rule which isn't concise is like sending someone for jail based on an assumption they did it. Also not to mention I have reported a post in my selling thread which is considered spam, yet of all the mods who are supposed to 'mod' the market section nothing has been done. What's the point in having all these mods if they don't do their job?
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Fire will burn you, water will drown you, cold will freeze you....but 4 of my neighbors believe that...5 of my neighbors say otherwise...so.....5 to 4 fire, water, and cold won't do that because? More said not than yes? Oh wait..it's in the eye of the beholder. =D>
That's a ridiculous comparison. I highly doubt your neighbours would truly believe that, if they did, they'd be surprised when they went to touch fire, live underwater or in the arctic without the correct equipment. And it's not based on majority, it's based on common sense and intuition while we are modding.
Nature's laws are pretty much absolute. The forum rules have just been said -by mods- not to be absolute. So yes, while the comparison is off, it does highlight an important point.
How is a common user to know when a rule does apply and when it does not? If the rules are, as has been said in this thread and across the board, not absolute, then there is no reason for mods to exist. After all, if there are no absolute rules, and a user can only guess to the validity of their posts, users are subject to wanton randomness. One mod warning one user for thing A, another mod not warning another user for that same thing. "The rules are in the eye of the beholder" is beyond ridiculous, and cannot be the point of the rules in the first place.

It's all about a set of standards. Not some wavy thing subject to the mere whims of mods, with all their faults just human like everyone here. Except Zeratul.

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:If there is a 'grey area' within the rules then how can you in good conscious warn people? Rules should be as specific as they come. Warning someone for a rule which isn't concise is like sending someone for jail based on an assumption they did it. Also not to mention I have reported a post in my selling thread which is considered spam, yet of all the mods who are supposed to 'mod' the market section nothing has been done. What's the point in having all these mods if they don't do their job?
I'll have a look. Didn't see any open reports when last I checked, but I may have overlooked it.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Jedi~Tank wrote:So your statement would indicate you think you are above and beyond everyone else.. Perhaps this sentiment is shared and thus a root cause. Count how many spam posts are in this thread...oh, I forgot spam is in the eye of the beholder and thus not spam as would be deemed by the committee.. :-k

In logical, and reasonable terms - I am stationed above you as a Moderator.

In egotistical terms, no. I am as equal as everyone else on this forum.

I would never give any form of power to this community for this very reason. People whine, but never try to fix the forum in a respectable matter. They always try to change it or change the people who help run it because they think they were wronged by a certain individual or individuals.

As I said before, and many times before that in a RoKeT thread. If you wish to change this forum, and you wish to help benefit it you know how to. You have had many chances to do so, and that is usually why whining goes ignored.

Which do you think would be taken more into account to changing this forum between these two posts?

Post #1:
MOMMY! HE TOOK MY TOY! GET HIM TO GIVE IT BACK OR I'LL CRY!

Post #2:
He stole from me, and I would like to have my item returned as soon as possible. Thank you.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:So your statement would indicate you think you are above and beyond everyone else.. Perhaps this sentiment is shared and thus a root cause. Count how many spam posts are in this thread...oh, I forgot spam is in the eye of the beholder and thus not spam as would be deemed by the committee.. :-k

I would never give any form of power to this community for this very reason. People whine, but never try to fix the forum in a respectable matter. They always try to change it or change the people who help run it because they think they were wronged by a certain individual or individuals.

As I said before, and many times before that in a RoKeT thread. If you wish to change this forum, and you wish to help benefit it you know how to. You have had many chances to do so, and that is usually why whining goes ignored.

Which do you think would be taken more into account to changing this forum between these two posts?

Post #1:

Post #2:
He stole from me, and I would like to have my item returned as soon as possible. Thank you.

Well, a few things I have noticed that mods commonly do to reflect the onous away from themselves..is what you just did..

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread
2- use "whining" in a sentence
3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**.

The greatest ideas in the history of mankind in regards to good forum mechanics can be brought forth and those 3 things will happen led by you mods. Yes your **Filtered** stinks, and your phraseology stinks, and your spam is spam whether its gray, green, black, blue or some imaginary color not discovered yet.

Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Noobert wrote:

Post #1:

Post #2:

Well, a few things I have noticed that mods commonly do to reflect the onous away from themselves..is what you just did..

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread Hypocrisy. You have spammed as well. And mods are users too. When we aren't posting as a mod (i.e in our mod colour), we are just the same as everyone else. We are susceptible to the same punishment for breaking rules as anyone else is.

2- use "whining" in a sentence Yes some people do whine. Noobert says this because he is hoping that someone, instead of just whining about a problem, would just try proposing a solution. Although what relevance whining has to being a mod, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've seen whining mentioned from both mods and users.

3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**. Good luck trying to find a way to fix this. If we have no grey area, we'd either get complaints of either being too strict, or not strict enough.

With the "grey area", it is left to the mod to decide whether there is a rule breach, and if so, what punishment (if any) to give (based on common sense and the users previous warning history). If a user believes a mod has been wrong in their decision, they can always follow the protocol to appeal this (1: Section Leader. 2: Ombudsman/Admins).

My response in green.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Noobert wrote:

Post #1:

Post #2:

1- start spamming a serious discussion thread Hypocrisy. You have spammed as well. And mods are users too. When we aren't posting as a mod (i.e in our mod colour), we are just the same as everyone else. We are susceptible to the same punishment for breaking rules as anyone else is.

2- use "whining" in a sentence Yes some people do whine. Noobert says this because he is hoping that someone, instead of just whining about a problem, would just try proposing a solution. Although what relevance whining has to being a mod, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've seen whining mentioned from both mods and users.

3- use the "gray area" idiology to try and cover the stench of **Filtered**. Good luck trying to find a way to fix this. If we have no grey area, we'd either get complaints of either being too strict, or not strict enough.

With the "grey area", it is left to the mod to decide whether there is a rule breach, and if so, what punishment (if any) to give (based on common sense and the users previous warning history). If a user believes a mod has been wrong in their decision, they can always follow the protocol to appeal this (1: Section Leader. 2: Ombudsman/Admins).

My response in green.

So in all of this, instead of making a genuine effort to address the thread starters issue, problem or disagreement you have done nothing but argue and spam your asses off... :-" and try to justify your lack of ability and or desire to fulfill your duty as mod. :-k

Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Eärendil wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:So in all of this, instead of making a genuine effort to address the thread starters issue, problem or disagreement you have done nothing but argue and spam your asses off... :-" and try to justify your lack of ability and or desire to fulfill your duty as mod. :-k

R0B3RT wrote:someone stop this ;) is time to change something we need help :(

What issue? I see one sentence without any clear definition of it's meaning/direction.

So thats a no..you all have led the way in sidestepping and spamming throughout this thread, great job..again =D>

Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Eärendil wrote:If that's what you see, then yes, we're sidestepping and spamming right along with you.

Thanks, Point and case closed. ;)

Deni
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

By declaring something as spam and responding to it, you yourself are indeed spamming. Pot, kettle, black? :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”