UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

So after reading this post, do you agree that the moderator/s in charge are being unfair?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 am

Yes
25%
No
75%
unsure
No votes

Total votes: 16
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

Almost38 wrote:if they post in his section i think he can
If Section Mods could check IPs then that would be the case, but Jack never posted in Suggestions/Reports which Clarkey is a Mod of.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Almost38 wrote:
Jack wrote:FYI: I'm not new to the game, and this is my alias forum account. I created it so I couldn't be punished for being honest. (although I suspect 1 or 2 people know who I really am) 8)
Clarkey wrote:Yes some of us do know Sebastian. But who told me? Funny thing is it wasn't even a staff member that told me. Oh well.

and how did u find out check his ip?
Nope, as EMP said. And as I said no member of staff told me and I did not find out using any mod abilities. Nice to see you using your narrow sightedness.
Image ImageImageImage
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

I askex a question I never accused yu so no need to get ur panties all up in a bunch
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Almost38 wrote:I askex a question I never accused yu so no need to get ur panties all up in a bunch
You accused of wrong doing by specifically asking if I checked his IP rather than just asking how did i find out.
Image ImageImageImage
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Clarkey wrote:
Almost38 wrote:I askex a question I never accused yu so no need to get ur panties all up in a bunch
You accused of wrong doing by specifically asking if I checked his IP rather than just asking how did i find out.

That's still not an accusation, LMAO. You see it as such, that's different. Perspective differences - doubt goes to the asker :razz:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Clarkey wrote:
Hardly. It is a directed question, yes, but it is not an accusation. It is an insinuation, at worst.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Jack wrote:Greetings everyone.

Who the **Filtered** are you? :?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Ids ( unique identification Numbers ) are NOT Stats ( Account Statistics ), simples ](*,)

I never understood why a so called 'higher' ascended being should want to hide anyway, or why you should be able to find a main from ascended but not ascended from main, or why the ascended server even exists lol

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Sol
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:To get someone's Ascended ID you need to God Quest until you find the one linked to the Main account. Therefore God Questing is basically the same process as spying and therefore should and is considered as stat posting if you post it on forums.

So if you get someones main ID alone through god questing its considered a stat :-k
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Firstly, have a look at the link of the images Jack linked. That's how Clarkey found out, I'm guessing.

Code: Select all

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa410/    sebastian172    /Capture2-Copy.png

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa410/    sebastian172    /Capture.png

Secondly,
Jack wrote:As far as I can see I havn't broken any moderator ''rules'' in this post, so they shouldn't delete this one as well. However if they do, I plan to post this on my own forum and send the URL to the first 10 pages of players in GateWars. Let's see them try to delete that information! LOL

I honestly wouldn't care if you did that. You know why? Because it is within the rules. It isn't posted in any way on forums, therefore forum rules wouldn't apply. Good that you have found a way that doesn't break or circumvent a forum rule.

Semper wrote:Since when has ID posting fallen under the rule of stat posting? If you're banned from stat (statistic) posting then everyone who's ever discussed other players ranks, start date, forum post count etc etc should be warned too as that's just the same...

I've seen players being bullied that have posted the ID and name of their assailants in an effort to get help.

As mentioned by others, this is about the link between main and ascended ID's.

seraphim wrote:what about this post for example from the GC section

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=145057&p=1790927&hilit=78894#p1790927

are mods going to go through and remove all ids posted by others in the past?

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:so you can't post id's when buying turns aha mods just make stuff up to please them self :P

As I'm sure you noticed, those are all just main IDs. This was about the link between main and ascended IDs. I'm unclear on whether main IDs are against the rule on stat posting (I've seen a post removed by another mod due to someone using my ID in it) but as far as I can recall I haven't modded based on main IDs alone.

Now Jack, you know my view on this. You were told in the first thread that you were not allowed, yet you posted another thread, the only difference being that instead of the IDs, you posted a link to a different forum with the same details of the original thread in it. Surely you can see that if a thread wasn't allowed with the IDs, linking to a thread with the same information would not be allowed either?

Btw, I voted no :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Haz wrote:Firstly, have a look at the link of the images Jack linked. That's how Clarkey found out, I'm guessing.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa410/    sebastian172    /Capture2-Copy.png

Isn't posting someone's pseudonym the summum of all stat posting? ;)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Firstly, unless something massive has changed since I was an admin, all blue mods are unable to do anything with IPs. I just tired clicking on various things for five minutes, and I wasn't able to do so, so I assume it's all status quo. As far as I'm aware, it's greens and above who can get up to that sort of thing (not that it excludes the possibility of a leak).

Secondly, please scroll up and read my post. I can include cliff notes if you like.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Julietta Putina wrote:
Haz wrote:Firstly, have a look at the link of the images Jack linked. That's how Clarkey found out, I'm guessing.

Except for the fact the user (Jack) posted the images, therefore allowing anyone access to the links, providing us with his pseudonym :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Haz wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:

Except for the fact the user (Jack) posted the images, therefore allowing anyone access to the links, providing us with his pseudonym :P
There are quite a few people using sigs made by various sigmakers, a few of which host their images in their own space. I could make a sig for you and give you the link. Not everyone saves their images for themselves.
What you have, is a suspicion. You have no conclusive proof. ;) (As long as you present this as your only evidence.)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Julietta Putina wrote:
Haz wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:

There are quite a few people using sigs made by various sigmakers, a few of which host their images in their own space. I could make a sig for you and give you the link. Not everyone saves their images for themselves.
What you have, is a suspicion. You have no conclusive proof. ;) (As long as you present this as your only evidence.)

Like I said, I was guessing. This may have been the way Clarkey found out, I don't know.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”