Bring back raiding?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"

Bring back raiding with at least those conditions?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes: 61
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Bring back raiding?

Then why is the option of opening up all accounts 3 bill or less to be hit by anyone, and making the minimum gap in the 5*/1/5th rule to be 3 bill not being considered? This would go much further to helping noobies who are actually active over this raiding idea. Another player posted his newly ascended friend reached the 3 bill cap size in less then 30 days without raiding and with the *5/1/5th rule in place. Getting more DMU to actually build an account would go much further then being handed planets so you do not have to build your account. With the 1/5th/*5 rule in place it still stops or hinders quick growth from the start.

I still do not understand how you argue that forcing people to train 5, 10, or even 15 bill planets into income does NOT make them a better farm. By definition a better farm is a farm where you get more per hit and can hit more times per day. More income = better hits and more income = more hits per day. I have difficulty not understand how that is not being a better farm. Not to mention since the update does not ADD any accounts to the game then it does NOT make more farms. It makes existing accounts better farms.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Lore wrote:Then why is the option of opening up all accounts 3 bill or less to be hit by anyone, and making the minimum gap in the 5*/1/5th rule to be 3 bill not being considered? This would go much further to helping noobies who are actually active over this raiding idea. Another player posted his newly ascended friend reached the 3 bill cap size in less then 30 days without raiding and with the *5/1/5th rule in place. Getting more DMU to actually build an account would go much further then being handed planets so you do not have to build your account. With the 1/5th/*5 rule in place it still stops or hinders quick growth from the start.

It can be considered, although I probably *accidentally* skipped over it when i was quoting the whole paragraph.
If the 1/5th 5x was taken out now people would start to **Filtered** about how new people are having it easy etc they want reprimands, a goat sacrificed or whatever, guaranteed, the amount of time a new user would take to grow would be very small. It's a core piece of the game and has been for awhile, even though it seems insignificant.
Lore wrote:More income = better hits and more income = more hits per day. I have difficulty not understand how that is not being a better farm. Not to mention since the update does not ADD any accounts to the game then it does NOT make more farms. It makes existing accounts better farms.

There is a difference between giving some people more income and helping more people produce more income.
I can do that idea, quite easily, but there are only so many people with planets that would be worth doing it for. Like I said earlier, I might as well just increase the amount of income untrained planets give instead.

You seem to on the edge about whether the smaller user base actually need a bit of a helping hand, or not at all, so perhaps you should take a side with that first before you continue.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

the trick to playing ascended is not to train your planets into anything, if raiding became a thing then everyone would have 10billion planets available to raid and it would become silly

better to keep it as it is
Spoiler
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Thats a strange trick.

:-k

Image Image Image
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Angelis~ wrote:Thats a strange trick.

Been working for years, and it never been seen as strange before.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Drahazar wrote:the trick to playing ascended is not to train your planets into anything, if raiding became a thing then everyone would have 10billion planets available to raid and it would become silly

better to keep it as it is

Ya so? They are limited to a max of like 1-2 bill.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Lore wrote:
Angelis~ wrote:Thats a strange trick.

Been working for years, and it never been seen as strange before.

Yes Im aware of that. From my experience players sat statless for mainly two reasons of which both are gone. The 130% modifier and the 13 to 17 turns per turn change depending on how low in rank you got. Thats why I said it was strange. If players are worried about losing their planets their cer sucks then. Its all about your recovery rate. The higher your cer the faster you recover those planets if they are destroyed. Unless you plan on building some huge stats or having a large income all anyone needs is around 9 to 10 bil planets. That way you can farm anyone and everyone. At that level even if all your planets are lost with a decent cer you'd have them all about within a month. During the time waiting for them to come back you can farm the lower end players while still making a profit and make plans to destroy whomever destroyed you.

by the way. voted no on raiding. give people better starting stats... leave the raiding buried in the history of ascended. give them 100 million planets, a 10 million cer levels 100 in each of their military levels, and update that freaking guide in the upper left of ascended. for the newly ascended put a button on the top of their command page that takes them directly to the updated guide. make the button last during the entire 60 days of protection they get. they should be well educated by then on the runnings of the ascended realm by then. i think all that would be better then bringing raiding back.

typing while :smt015 is bad. sorry for going on and on and on. Im out for the night. Have a good one.

Image Image Image
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

If raiding is implemented, could advance notice of say a week be given first? One thing you don't want is people coming home from work to discover raiding has been implemented.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:If raiding is implemented, could advance notice of say a week be given first? One thing you don't want is people coming home from work to discover raiding has been implemented.

Having kept out of the discussion due to being no good with numbers and balancing i just would like to whole heartedly agree with the above!

I would still like to see it re-instated to some degree.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Sol
Forum Addict

GhostyGoo wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:If raiding is implemented, could advance notice of say a week be given first? One thing you don't want is people coming home from work to discover raiding has been implemented.

Having kept out of the discussion due to being no good with numbers and balancing i just would like to whole heartedly agree with the above!

I would still like to see it re-instated to some degree.

Yeah I reckon a warning will be given, or the good and faithful random ppt.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

I hate this idea

I remember when raiding was around, if you had anything worth having you got your account massed until they could raid it.

now what your going to have is a choice

you get raided or you get destroyed or both

crap idea. you should be able put your stuff in a safe place, for when you do need them, thats why I dont have too much trained and I cannot guarantee time to be on ascended. When I need them I train them up

how about a reserve place where you get nothing in return a holding cell and say you have to give 24 or 48hrs to get them untrained for use
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Make it they have to be in ascended for at least 3 weeks first, and then they cannot raid past 1.5bill planets ( gotta make them work for something )

Problem is watch for the multi's appearing, it only takes a couple of weeks to ascend and the first 1 is cheap as anything, watch people use these accounts as storage, ascend raid to 1.5-2bill planets, vac the account and leave it until its needed for resources, or they can use them accounts as self made farms for DMU.

The game as survived this long without raid, i think people are just getting lazy when wanting it back.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Sol
Forum Addict

GeneralChaos wrote:Problem is watch for the multi's appearing, it only takes a couple of weeks to ascend and the first 1 is cheap as anything, watch people use these accounts as storage, ascend raid to 1.5-2bill planets, vac the account and leave it until its needed for resources, or they can use them accounts as self made farms for DMU.

1. storage for what?
2. needed for what resources?
3. self farms at 2 bill planets? yeah....
the only thing worth moving from account to account would be DMU which you would farm yourself anyway and you could hold it in your cache or weaps at infinite density.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:Problem is watch for the multi's appearing, it only takes a couple of weeks to ascend and the first 1 is cheap as anything, watch people use these accounts as storage, ascend raid to 1.5-2bill planets, vac the account and leave it until its needed for resources, or they can use them accounts as self made farms for DMU.

1. storage for what?
2. needed for what resources?
3. self farms at 2 bill planets? yeah....
the only thing worth moving from account to account would be DMU which you would farm yourself anyway and you could hold it in your cache or weaps at infinite density.

You still won't address accounts being used for attacking/sniping without ever growing. Multi's specifically built to harass other accounts while the main account is hidden.
Reason, youll get dead.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Didn't we already vote NO?
Bias Admin colour

Return to “Ascended General”