Limitation for perg.

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Teus
Forum Newbie
Race: Love Demon
ID: 1971518

Re: Limitation for perg.

I've personally got no objections to that. The new G&R market options I think are pretty cool in so far as they are novel. Taking them away from the perg market though, shouldn't create any issues as far as I can see.
If others disagree; please post.
~Master Shake~
Forum Newbie
Alliance: None of Yo' Biznezz Yo!!
Race: Milk
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Skakezoolah,Old skoolah

Andy! wrote:A 41 cov 40 AC in Perg is just someone making up for something they lack in real life

classic!!
Master Shake: "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them. "

Master Shake: "Somebody's a little bi-curious!"
Meatwad: "I ain't no bi-curious. I'm a man's man!"
Master Shake: "Not anymore! I've planted the seed of doubt!"
Meatwad: "You don't say that! I'm a man, and you...if you need me, I'm gonna be in the garage...[in a deeper voice] hangin' Sheetrock, 'round an engine I'm rebuilding."
Master Shake: "Look at the way he rolls..."
Meatwad: "WHERE'S MY CHEWIN' TOBACCO?!!"
Master Shake: "...just like a woman!"
Spoiler
TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Teus wrote:I've personally got no objections to that. The new G&R market options I think are pretty cool in so far as they are novel. Taking them away from the perg market though, shouldn't create any issues as far as I can see.
If others disagree; please post.

They're meant afterall (I believe) for bigger stats, killing big things and making it difficult for people to kill yo shiz. None of which Perg is meant for
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

@Teus

I was in perg, I needed to play in perg due to RL, I changed my whole way of playing so that I could go into perg, it was always my intention to come out of perg once I had reached a couple of targets and had more time to play.

I could of took a chance and stayed in main being able to call upon my team mates to arms if I was massed ect.

I had to come out of perg because I had a 33t attack against my defense and I had 30m uu in super defenders and the rest of my army to 56m in covert.

That was not enough I got my defense mashed and my best planet with 1.6t defenses taken in 3 turns.

There is no way I can in any short time other than $$ defend against a covert 41 ergo I had to come out of perg and take my chance in main

What was perg for ?? well its not for me now and it just means that what perg was designed for in my eyes no longer works.

This is not a I hate WW, fair play to how he reached his setup, its about how its used
This is not a about its not fair I can be this or that attacked its about level playing, in main if you can't deal with an issue you can get your alliance to get invovled, in perg most of the best accounts cannot access nowdays because the way they are set.

I have made a couple of posts here, I wont be posting again, not because I miffed or anything, I just think that enough has been said for at least a look into how perg works, or in this case does not seem to be working as a balanced game play as most would like
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

The above is my point.

Setting up an army, full of Defence and Covert, but yet, still getting massed, even with a 60 turn limit...

Which is why i believe, either a max amount of sabs in 24 hours, or a limitation on max covert level in perg should be introduced...
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Sylus wrote:Let's not confuse any potential bias. My bias is not because I'm friends with WW, but because my account in purgatory is potentially at risk of being forced out.

Western Warrior with a 41 covert and big MS hits players whom either possess a high stat worth destroying, or high naq worth taking. Oh I dare say there's a bit more of a difference than you claim.

There have been plenty of occasions where he's sabbed small players in perg. Yes you can lose a lot more in main, but there's a difference. There's no tiny army cap and no turn cap to block massing. Even if it seems impossible from the outset, it is possible for any covert level of account to go farm or raid enough resources to mass any defense out there. Nothing is unbeatable. As it stands in perg, there is no possibility of breaking this guy's account down without an impossible level of cooperation.

Of course there are people that have spent more, but noone has built this level of powerful account (and used it as such) in perg at least in my memory.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Teus
Forum Newbie

Mathlord wrote:As it stands in perg, there is no possibility of breaking this guy's account down without an impossible level of cooperation.

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. As a former Maelstrom member I know this level is well within the realm of possibility. Further more, adding in restrictions only pushes the style of play further towards the Maelstrom way (or as I like to call it, the good ol' days).
Mathlord wrote:Of course there are people that have spent more, but noone has built this level of powerful account (and used it as such) in perg at least in my memory.

I had quit playing by this stage so anyone feel free to correct me but I believe Rudy Pena came to perg with a nice big ol' account, complete with a covert level that could only ever be achieved in norm and wiped the floor with the existing perg accounts.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Teus wrote:
Mathlord wrote:As it stands in perg, there is no possibility of breaking this guy's account down without an impossible level of cooperation.

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. As a former Maelstrom member I know this level is well within the realm of possibility. Further more, adding in restrictions only pushes the style of play further towards the Maelstrom way (or as I like to call it, the good ol' days).
Mathlord wrote:Of course there are people that have spent more, but noone has built this level of powerful account (and used it as such) in perg at least in my memory.

I had quit playing by this stage so anyone feel free to correct me but I believe Rudy Pena came to perg with a nice big ol' account, complete with a covert level that could only ever be achieved in norm and wiped the floor with the existing perg accounts.

that is rubbish math, anyone with a cov lvl 39/40 could do it , costly but do it all the same, why do people go crying when there enemy is stronger than them, pathetic, i took beat downs all the way through whilst i was building my account

why should it be any different for anyone else.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Teus wrote:

Only reason I came to perg was to fight and give you guys a taste of what it was like. As you guys were bulling, massing, sabbing, ACing, taking planets from people cause you guys felt like it.

Just wanted to give you a taste of your own meds.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Guild wrote:that is rubbish math, anyone with a cov lvl 39/40 could do it , costly but do it all the same, why do people go crying when there enemy is stronger than them, pathetic, i took beat downs all the way through whilst i was building my account

why should it be any different for anyone else.

Think about the math of what you just said. A spy 39 can't sab a built-up spy 41. An ac 40 could get in 4 ac attacks per day against the spy 41 at a slight advantage, but that's about 50-50 kills:losses.

Remember, in perg, you have a limited number of spies. In main, you can always have a bigger army (though plague adds in a tough cap to get by, though still possible). In perg, you can only have so many units.

Teus wrote:

You still didn't read what I said. I'm not talking about a restriction. I'm talking about lifting the attack turns used on a target limit to at least give an alternative to sabbing in perg. As it stands, a huge covert level rules all. Opening up massing again will provide an alternative form of fighting back.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Teus
Forum Newbie

Hey if admin wanna try upping the 60 turns limit, fine. I just reckon you'll find that stronger accounts will just do more damage.
Borek
Forum Addict

you'd have to send in 20 accounts with Ac40 to mass that guy and even then with his MS it would be incredibly painful and cost each of those 20 accounts everything they have. And i'm not even talking about what he would do back to them, this assumes he is offline for the entire time they mass and doesn't notice them all popping into perg and building up to a position where they can hit him beforehand.

So yes, he is unbeatable when in perg, hell even if he gets bumped out he's still a beast in main that would take teamwork or a heavy, heavy personal sacrifice by one of the top accounts in the game.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Time to learn perg me thinks...finally a challenge?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon

Perg started out as a plays where weaker players came to slow play but it hasn't been that way for a loooong time.
People who play in perg don't wanna play in norm.
norm has its set of rles and perg has its rules, people learn the rules and the good learn to master it.

When the super account was created in Norm he (rodwolf) mastered the rules and payed the $ and the time to make it happen.
In time the other players (tekki, and FM i think) over came it and brought him down.

WW has Masterd the perg rules as the say and now he can't be touched untill someone pays the price and goes after him.
WW is a great guy and an awesome player, and he knows what he is doing.
But he can be taken down just lke anyone else in this game, the question is will someone dare to go after him.

The complaints about perg has come every year about this and that and people always finds a way to learn and master the rules.

Leave perg as it is, and if you dont like it go to norm and play there.
in time you will find out where you belong, i have played both for pretty long time and both has its moments.

All hail the Love demons of Perg .... :smt050 :sge :smt050

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
Leucetius
Forum Newbie

of course he can be taken down. as jorgs said it will need a few players but it can be done. why is everyone crying about a guy that simply plays by the rules, spent some $ and now has a VERY strong account.
and yea, please raise the turns/24h limit. then i could farm even more :smt117

Return to “Game Suggestions”