What happened to this statement, from game updates?

Gone.......
Fledgling Forumer

Thewisesirivanthes, my apologizies for calling u can idiot.....but i take it personally when someone calls me, or implies that im a cheat.

Replijake - Occasional was what I was doing. Again, u may disagree on what is occasional. U do understand that the rule is open to interpretation, and that its generalness is meant for a reason. "Occasional" and "excess" are different to everyone. Get over it.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

I think it is time for Forum to clarify exactly what is okay and what isnt.

Right now his statement is too foggy to ever be put to use.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

I think its obvious. When a player admits that he has no place else to go, and no place to spend his money to make him better. So he is selling his excess which is everything he makes. Which in truns violets the rule writen.

But you are right 311, it is time for Forum to bring down the law. If he says that its ok as it is. Then people who are being honorable and not selling anything for cash except the SS here and there. Should get that option to atleast drive down the prices for hard cash. So they inturn can take full advantage of the Cash for Untrained Troops loop hole.

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?t=21568

But then again, look at his literal translation of the writen law for cheaters.

But then again this is the 3rd post of him selling naq for cash. about a week ago it was $2 a bil, earlier this week $1.50 a bil, and now its down to $1 a bil. His excess, what ever he doesnt spend on himself, and with his admition. He has no need to buy anything on his main account. Plus with his Ascended account on permanent vacation mode. He has nothing to fear to keep ascending. Which his whole account has become excess which the law stats that any account put together just to sell resorces for cash is in violation.

I think the spirit of the rule was writen to say that 20 dollars here and 20 dollars there is ok. But the fact that people sell for thousands of dollars with out selling whole accounts, breaks the spirit of the rule.
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

Ok Forum this debate has gone on long enough. It is time for YOU to step in. Lay down the law on which its going to be. Its time to either open the flood gates or close them. Because whats good for one person should be good for all.

Because I know ahalf dozen people that are ready to jump into the Naq for cash thing. And with the new loophole thats the only way to compet. In both Main and Ascention.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Lord Jared wrote:Thewisesirivanthes, my apologizies for calling u can idiot.....but i take it personally when someone calls me, or implies that im a cheat.

Replijake - Occasional was what I was doing. Again, u may disagree on what is occasional. U do understand that the rule is open to interpretation, and that its generalness is meant for a reason. "Occasional" and "excess" are different to everyone. Get over it.

occasional

adjective

1. Happening or appearing now and then: fitful, intermittent, periodic, periodical, sporadic. Informal on-again, off-again. See continue/stop/pause.
2. Rarely occurring or appearing: infrequent, rare, scarce, sporadic, uncommon, unusual. Idioms: few and far between. See usual/unusual.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Lord_Core
Fledgling Forumer

RepliJake wrote:occasional

adjective

1. Happening or appearing now and then: fitful, intermittent, periodic, periodical, sporadic. Informal on-again, off-again. See continue/stop/pause.
2. Rarely occurring or appearing: infrequent, rare, scarce, sporadic, uncommon, unusual. Idioms: few and far between. See usual/unusual.
[/quote]

As my last post said. Forum its time to step in.
JUAN
Fledgling Forumer

Lord_Core wrote:
RepliJake wrote:occasional

adjective

As my last post said. Forum its time to step in.[/quote]

who are you to be saying this Lord_Core

if you were to read the updates propertly you would see the word there called excess.

now as for calling us cheaters. i think you should think twice of who you are calling that. one false step and you will have the big boys you have listed jumping down on you. :evil:
and yes this is a threat to you, while you are calling me a cheater you better watch out
Vegito
Fledgling Forumer

Well I am going to make one final statement on the matter... IF... and I do mean IF... forum says that trading resources for $$ is forbidden... then the black market will truly become a black market... now... not just that... but Forum will also take a hit in his income because there are many people in this game who are young... and cannot afford to buy SS and/or the like... in any server... so all $$ trades would have to be banned... don't think this will work well... but whatever... everyone here seems to be worried far to much...

just like in real life economies rise and fall... and as a fellow programmer.. I know that ig markets never really fall... something else can be introduced to absorb ig resources and/or rates can always change... so don't just think that something has to be forbidden in order for it to not take place...

if $$ transactions are taken away then I am sure forum knows that people will find alternate ways to make these kind of transactions... and just like in the real world people will figure out how to make things technically "legal"

So in order to make all of this to work for everyone... then forum is going to have to figure out something or release the grip and let things progress as they will...

thank you and goodnight... :lol: ... that was long winded.. sorry guys...
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

JUAN wrote:...one false step and you will have the big boys you have listed jumping down on you. :evil:
and yes this is a threat to you, while you are calling me a cheater you better watch out...

This is example of pretty low attitude, when one guy simply points out his opinion. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Some people really forget this is just a game and only thing they are after are money - and beware, if someone dares to say it's not OK. :evil: :evil:
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Gone.......
Fledgling Forumer

Teal'auc wrote:
JUAN wrote:...one false step and you will have the big boys you have listed jumping down on you. :evil:
and yes this is a threat to you, while you are calling me a cheater you better watch out...

This is example of pretty low attitude, when one guy simply points out his opinion. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Some people really forget this is just a game and only thing they are after are money - and beware, if someone dares to say it's not OK. :evil: :evil:

He is calling us cheats when in fact we are not cheating. I dont like being called a cheat, it demeans my character and tarnishs my repulation....all of our reputations. So as far as im concerned anyone who is calling us cheats, is making this very personal and in my opinion, open to retaliation. Simple as that.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

That's discutable.. I heard something about juan was multi'ing earlier. :evil:
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
JUAN
Fledgling Forumer

whats your ingame name Teal'auc ill crush you just for the h*** of it

you must not be strong if you hide your ingame name like that
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

JUAN wrote:whats your ingame name Teal'auc ill crush you just for the h*** of it

you must not be strong if you hide your ingame name like that

Well, first off, I do not hide. I can give you my link if you feel really need to kick my a$$ to prove you I never hide behind anybody. It's my responsibility what I do and what I say and i have no shame for what I say or feel.

The second - I say only what I heard. My opinion on you remains unchanged after these "I'll kill you just because I can to demonstrate how big guy I am." These types of people are gettin' on my nerves.

:evil:
JUAN
Fledgling Forumer

ok then whats your ingame name

i dont mind picking on defenceless noobs, after all im just some mean big bad guy who doesnt follow the rules as you say
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Re: What happened to this statement, from game updates?

Lord_Core wrote:
November 16, 2005

'Resource Farms' Limits

It has been noticed that some accounts exist solely to gain resources, in order to sell to other players via paypal or ebay or whatever. This disrupts the balance of the game, goes against the principles of the point of the game, and is no longer going to be allowed.
While the occiasional sale of 'excess' goods is not going to be chased after, any account that is clearly abusing this will be in violation and subject to penalty, suspension or deletion.

Oh dear... another thread about how I apparently "cheat" - these are actually getting fun. Now I see all the crap that JUAN used to (and indeed still does) have to put up with.

Now - would you like to have a look at my naq selling thread? And would you note that I've sold 400billion in the last month - a quarter of my naquadah? Do you see how I have not sold in excess? Maybe before accusing people of cheating you should clarify the rules with the game admin as I did when this update was implimented.

Lord_Core wrote:
Current Exchange rates:
1,310,000,000 Naquadah for 840 Turns for 8,300 MineSlave/Lifers for 10USD.
The market takes MineSlave, but after working for the galactic market mines, are sold as Lifers. The exception are the premium MineSlave which held supervisorary roles and are therefore sold as MineSlave, and are reserved for those using hard currency.

Well, in that case it seems the game admin is selling naquadah for USD - (1,310,000,000 for $10USD). Shall we ask him to ban himself? Or the merchants that work in the market?

And while we're at it, why don't we ban those suspicious multis - you know? jtest, jtest12...

Idiot. Read the rules, clarify them and double check BEFORE accusing someone of cheating. A shame for you you've already taken this too far...

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance

Return to “For Admin Archives”