Prevent Kamakazi attacks

Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Well.. anyway it doesn't matter anymore...
I know for a fact that these 'kamikaze attacks' won't be around the next wave or perhaps even dissappear before it... 8)
Muhahu?!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the amount of damage to weapons is now ALSO dependent on attack versus defense strength....
fyi ;)
Don't make me use this!!!
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

NoDot wrote:
Spykie wrote:
NoDot wrote:
rasterblaster wrote:there is no need to have more than 200 bank turns saved up.
Members of the 1000 turn club probably won't like that. (especially me!) I have over 1000 turns saved in case I need a lot of Naquada is a hurry. (Having >1000 turns is also an ego thing, so watch it.)

But I'm sure you could live without them?
Don't even joke! I've spent a lot of time building them up, so don't even think about taking them away!

I appreciate what you are saying and the thing is, how much effort is used is 'saving up' 2000 turns, as apposed to 'building up' 2000 weapons.

You would be quite annoyed if admin 'took away' your 2000 turns, just as much as someone would be if someone 'took away' their 2000 weapons correct?

All I am suggesting that people cant save up more than 200 turns from now on, OR can only use 75 or so of them on the one player in 24 hours. - sort of like you cant keep spying on the same player more than a certain number of times....

and can admin please clarify this... it says in the RULES that every one agreed to when they signed up...

"You can only attack any particular player 5 times in a 24 hour period."

is this the case?
I am keeping my eye on you!
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

u must be kidding about the 200 turns

lets put it this way

Let pretend i have 200 turns i goto sleep for let say 2 hours (2 hours = 4 turns)

where do those 4 turns go

?

i think it only means Successful attacks not failed ones.......
rasterblaster
Fledgling Forumer

SGC_Replicators wrote:u must be kidding about the 200 turns

lets put it this way

Let pretend i have 200 turns i goto sleep for let say 2 hours (2 hours = 4 turns)

where do those 4 turns go?

The same place bank turns go when you get over 224 turns.
OR
You get a Naq bonus instead

SGC_Replicators wrote:"You can only attack any particular player 5 times in a 24 hour period."

i think it only means Successful attacks not failed ones.......

Well, it does not specify that, so if admin fixes that bug, it will solve all the problems. an attack is an attack if it fails or not. that limits people to around 75 total turns in 24 hours against one person..
I am keeping my eye on you!
Enfant Terrible
Forum Grunt

these tactics are simply a form of guerrila warfare...a very small force repeatedly attacking a much larger force and doing significant damage that way. imo this is just realistic. the fact is though that a strong player will have the ability to rebuild after something like that.

if it's decided that something absolutely must be done to curb this then instead of just creating a blanket limit on attack turn how about a dynamic limit. Think of it as an armoury storage (ie a bank for attack turns) which can be upgraded much like spy skill. so say everyone starts with a limit of 100 attack turns because they can only store so much ammo for their weapons. and then you can purchase upgrades to store more ammo (ie bank more attack turns) this way you actually need to build up in order to be able to store more attack turns.

the tactic can still be used...but it can't be done by just starting an account and letting it sit idle for a month...you need to actually be an active player.
SheedyStar
Forum Newbie

What needs to happen is that we need to limit the ridiculous amount of men you lose everytime you attack someone. Therefore making it attractive to have large offence again.

It is just plain stupid the amount of men you lose, I had 200 men and lost 50 in one attack from memory. Seriously, where is the incentive to build up an army?

I think that Forum has seen some of our tactics and has used this new upgrade to stem our influence, but now it is bodering on impossible to sustain a large army. Might as well just get small accounts to do the damage for you. I think this has hurt the game overall and needs to be looked at.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

rasterblaster wrote:
and can admin please clarify this... it says in the RULES that every one agreed to when they signed up...

is this the case?

I don't think it is the case - I refer you to the atatcks against SAZ, _Apophis__ and Libra some weeks ago.

And I am glad it is not the case - the rule should be removed, not implemented (StarGateWARS, emphasis on the WARS!!).

It is fun taking part in mass attacks and it stops the game from going stale (even the victims agree on this point - the majority anyway).

Besides, I believe that untrained troops still do not die in battle (even now the raid feature is gone) - so mass attacks do not have the impact they once did as forces can be rebuilt more quickly.

About untrained troops - happy that you cannot send them into battle - but surely they must be affected if defending your base (especially if all the defence troops are killed) - attackers are not that discriminate!!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

SheedyStar wrote:What needs to happen is that we need to limit the ridiculous amount of men you lose everytime you attack someone. Therefore making it attractive to have large offence again.

It is just plain stupid the amount of men you lose, I had 200 men and lost 50 in one attack from memory. Seriously, where is the incentive to build up an army?

I think that Forum has seen some of our tactics and has used this new upgrade to stem our influence, but now it is bodering on impossible to sustain a large army. Might as well just get small accounts to do the damage for you. I think this has hurt the game overall and needs to be looked at.

agree - sort of - I lost 108 men in one atatck - although I did declare war irst!!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Duditz

I think the key to the solution is in limiting the number of attacks. I mean I personally have over 2k attack turns saved up becuase I just don't need to use them. Here is the solution I purpose.....

Limit to 5 attacks every half hour per account.
The raito of Attack/Deffense is the raito of Max/min weapon degraded.

This why you can do massive attacks but even if they are duel accounting the most attacks they will get in is 10 every half hour. Since it takes about 7 pages of attacks to destory all weapons this will allow people to acctually get a few hours of sleep with out worrying some one will destroy all there weapons. Then useing the ratio you will no longer have people with the "Pea Shooter" taking out chunks the same size as the "Armada". Also though it still allows large forces to use this tactic. On top of that it allows people who fall just shy of breaking some ones defenses a few chances to build up forces and attempt getting Naq from some one.

I can live with my weapons getting destroyed by a group effort. Means I probley had it coming. Its when a single player of any ranking has the power to wipe out some one and put them over a week behind from repairing I have a problem with it.

What do you guys think? What would you change and what do you like about this?
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

yeah - it's definately heading in the right direction to be a solution!!

:-D
Mod Speak
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Duditz wrote:I think the key to the solution is in limiting the number of attacks. I mean I personally have over 2k attack turns saved up becuase I just don't need to use them. Here is the solution I purpose.....

Limit to 5 attacks every half hour per account.
The raito of Attack/Deffense is the raito of Max/min weapon degraded.

This why you can do massive attacks but even if they are duel accounting the most attacks they will get in is 10 every half hour. Since it takes about 7 pages of attacks to destory all weapons this will allow people to acctually get a few hours of sleep with out worrying some one will destroy all there weapons. Then useing the ratio you will no longer have people with the "Pea Shooter" taking out chunks the same size as the "Armada". Also though it still allows large forces to use this tactic. On top of that it allows people who fall just shy of breaking some ones defenses a few chances to build up forces and attempt getting Naq from some one.

I can live with my weapons getting destroyed by a group effort. Means I probley had it coming. Its when a single player of any ranking has the power to wipe out some one and put them over a week behind from repairing I have a problem with it.

What do you guys think? What would you change and what do you like about this?

Veryveryvery good point indeed, totally agree!
Muhahu?!
damob

i am currently in quantum wars as a kamikaze officer.
This is a strategy game and each of the high ranks needs to work out their own way of combating these attacks.
Quantum legends is judged at the END of the 3 month period, theres no rule that says u have 2 sit at the top the whole time 2 win it , i have only read 1 other post from someone who has the right idea, SGC replicators i think it was.
Why not hover round the high ranks and strike when the time is right??
Instead of whinging that u have no defense against these attacks, drop out of your precious ranking for awhile and build other areas of your army, then when u want 2 make a move selloff and build up whatever u are lacking,
There are heaps of ways 2 combat these attacks other than complaining to forum that something must be changed!

About the thing with the peashooter and comparing this to real life,
how many stargates have u been through lately, how many self replicating machines have u seen around??? its sci fi, anything is possible.

this is war, so how bout every1 cut the whinging and deal with it.

GO THE KAMIKAZE
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

damob wrote:blablabla

It doesn't matter what you say, your tactics won't be effective fo much longer 8)
Muhahu?!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Spykie wrote:
damob wrote:blablabla

It doesn't matter what you say, your tactics won't be effective fo much longer 8)

That sounded particularly smug.

I don't like smug!

:-D
Mod Speak

Return to “Suggestions Archive”