Where did your name come from?

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Malum Serpentis
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 26945

Hmmm i just looked up on egyptian gods and found
Sebek: An ancient Egyptian crocodile god, sometimes identified with Re or with Seth, and regarded as the son of Neith . He symbolized the might of the Egyptian pharaohs. Sebek is depicted as a crocodile or in human form with the head of a crocodile. He was crowned either by a pair of plumes or by a combination of the solar disk and the uraeus.
KiCkJr

KiCkJr has nothing to do with Stargate at all, I am a FPS fan where I also enter competitions with my bro whos name is KiCk so thats where my name came from, my bro.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

RESHEF

(Reshpu, Rashshaf, Reshpa)

The cult of this god enjoyed a wide popularity in Syria, where he was regarded as a god of war. In the Egyptian texts he is described as the "Great God, Lord of Eternity, the Prince of Everlastingness, the Lord of Two-fold Strength among the Company of Gods; Great God, Lord of Heaven, Governor of the Gods".

Reschef is just only the german version :sge
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

my name stephen is dreived from the greek name stefanos,meaning crown or wreath,
cronus was my favourite goauld so,when in greece
Eric Cantona wrote: "When the seagulls follow the trawler....
it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".
anhur
Forum Grunt

Anhur is an egyptian god. He is more obcure than than most gods so I used it. I found a wiki page on Anhur if you'd like to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhur
ID: 38648
Trade Feedback
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

my name is the name my mummy gave me :twisted:

want to disbute it?

the second half comes from my second half.
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
lord telchac
Forum Grunt

I got mine from stargate it was only mentioned though. series 7
lordgribbo
Forum Newbie

My in game is lordlusifer, because i wanted lusifer for Xboxlive, but it was taken so i had to put a lord infront :p
And i wanted Lusifer because the devil is sometimes called Lucifer, but i wanted to spell it wrong because im not satanic. I love it when people accuse me of being satanic- i eaither say if i was satanic i would spell it right, or if i dont want to try and take on the name of my lord :p
Do not correkt me speeling

Klorel
Forum Irregular

lord telchac wrote:I got mine from stargate it was only mentioned though. series 7

actually telchac (or 'k') is mentioned a lot afterward. Usually the super soldier killer thing is called the 'telchak device' and lots of refrences are made and stuff
Osi
Forum Addict

lordgribbo wrote:My in game is lordlusifer, because i wanted lusifer for Xboxlive, but it was taken so i had to put a lord infront :p
And i wanted Lusifer because the devil is sometimes called Lucifer, but i wanted to spell it wrong because im not satanic. I love it when people accuse me of being satanic- i eaither say if i was satanic i would spell it right, or if i dont want to try and take on the name of my lord :p

ahuh...
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Klorel
Forum Irregular

lordgribbo wrote:My in game is lordlusifer, because i wanted lusifer for Xboxlive, but it was taken so i had to put a lord infront :p

1. What is the word for what's wrong with you.
2. If your name is 'Lucifer', I doubt people would accuse you of being satanic.
3. If your name was 'Satan', I still think no one would accuse you of being satanic.
4. If your name was 'I <3 Lucifer', then maybe.
5. Xbox Live has nothing to do with SGW.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

awww...klorel. i wanted to destroy him.. :cry:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

look in my avy and forum name and u hav the name origin
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Antec
Forum Grunt

My name was on a box on the table, where my computer sits. :D
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Hi, sorry I didn't put much thought into my name, the obvious stargate references were all taken and my mind went blank so I used the name of the album I was playing at the time, Mezzanine by Portishead. Thought it sounded cool and kinda different so I stuck with it.

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”