Unit Production

Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Anonymous wrote:
Deathshotshooter wrote:Well this is what i got from admin. according to him, officers that have the same ip address as you no longer add to your bonus in up, so meaning having multi's under you wont benifit you anymore. GO ADMIN!!!

well i have officers that don't have the same ip adresse and i don't receive anything from them

Are you sure? I can see 5 different people posting from your IP.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

Sleipnir wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Deathshotshooter wrote:Well this is what i got from admin. according to him, officers that have the same ip address as you no longer add to your bonus in up, so meaning having multi's under you wont benifit you anymore. GO ADMIN!!!

well i have officers that don't have the same ip adresse and i don't receive anything from them

sory the other post, but can you explain that???
Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular
Alliance: Peaceful Lone-Wolf =D
Race: System Lord
ID: 71521

Sleipnir wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Wah?!?! you talking to me or who?
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I was talking to the guest. Apparently, your IP has passed through the pc's of at least 5 SGW players.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular

well, he/she could be using a library computer, comunity computer, etc
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Deathshotshooter wrote:well, he/she could be using a library computer, comunity computer, etc

Yes, and if one of his officers just happens to use the same pc? See where I'm going?

Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular

well, if its one of his officer that could possibly explained, but all, thats a little diffrent
Temp

my officer is my bother so he logs in under the same computer and same IP
now i lose his bonus to my UP

and a Friend of mine plays for his student home were all 100 students are going on the same IP wath is the admin going to do aboath these guys i think from his student home there are about 6 to 10 players and some are officers under eats other
Roskva
Forum Grunt

Yeah, my brother was my commander, but when this was implemented he simply dismissed me and I plan to make my myself my own commander. I was getting better than him anyway :twisted:
Blank Asgard
theycallmechad

I hear all you speak of how it sucks that you and your brothers can't be an officer/commander pair. However, my WIFE was my officer! This really sucks. The whole reason she joined was to be my officer, and now that she can't be, it really sucks. I told her to make my friend her officer, and she did as I instructed. We're not stargate geeks, and have yet to watch a single episode of Stargate. However, this is something fun we liked to do, and it gave us somethign random to talk about. If there is any way you can allow this to not affect spicific people, please make it so.

theycallmechad
Treebeard
Forum Grunt

Sleipnir wrote:
Deathshotshooter wrote:well, he/she could be using a library computer, comunity computer, etc

Yes, and if one of his officers just happens to use the same pc? See where I'm going?

Look Sleiphner.....
Reverting to an earlier post here, but as I have said, there maybe a family plaing SGW, therefore using the same IP. Me and my bro play. We both have seperate accounts, which means from the outside view, one of us are cheating. However, this is not the case.
"And when he gets to heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell
One more soldier reporting Sir
I've served my time in hell"
ECUHITMAN
Forum Newbie

Sounds like the rules need to be changed because it says "You can have more than one account from the same IP/computer, as long as you are not sharing information to such a degree that you are effectively one combined player (we have scripts to check for this type of behaviour from the same IP/computer)" but now it seems that you cannot do this without being punished. The rules do not say you cannot have another account as an officer/commander.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Something certainly seems to be going wrong here.. a couple of things to remember (and please don't run back at me with "i have" and "of course i did") ..i'm simply trying to outline bug from normal realm activity. Remember that if an officer reduces HIS/HER commander % to Officers, his U/P will drop and you will get the negative cascade effect.

The only other thing i can think of is that the unit production ratio is being tweaked, if it is have patience because it's widespread whether we are all noticing it or not. Forum knows about this thread and will no doubt have a reply for us soon.

One thing i can tell you is definitly NOT happening is that Admin are tweaking JUST your realm ;) ..they have better things to do with thier time than play with your units :P

EDIT: never saw this page.. LOL...

well, thats a sigh of relief from me, multis can no longer benefit from the unit production of their multis. Now where are the NUTO's of the world when you need congratulating on a crushing blow for the sgwars cheats??

You ask us to stop multis and we stop them, once we stop them you complain. There are more people glad that it has stopped than are upset about a few hundred men per day, i'm quite sure.

ECUHITMAN wrote:Sounds like the rules need to be changed because it says "You can have more than one account from the same IP/computer, as long as you are not sharing information to such a degree that you are effectively one combined player (we have scripts to check for this type of behaviour from the same IP/computer)" but now it seems that you cannot do this without being punished. The rules do not say you cannot have another account as an officer/commander.

i'm just amazed at your arrogance, there is nothing wrong with the rules, only your inept comprehension of them. Now, read back and see what i highlighted, yes.. it was there the first time you "scanned it" i have simply brought it to your somewhat selective attention. If you are raising your unit production with the sole intent of raising a commander's unit production at the same IP i would certainly put that in the catagory of being one combined player. Coupled with the fact that you are probably "banking" for one another too, transferring yourselves mercs left right and centre and attacking people together (admittedly most of this is impossible now a days but i felt it needed saying) YOU ARE ACTING AS E F F E C T I V E L Y ..effectively ONE player.

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
ECUHITMAN
Forum Newbie

Ok mister aggressive, maybe you are too arrogant to understand what I was trying to say IN THE CONTEXT WITH THE PREVIOUS POSTS. But I will explain it to you more clearly now. I was not under any possible stretch of the mind saying that creating 2 (or more) accounts just to raise your UP was ok. I am actually not saying that you should create two accounts at all. What I was talking about is how it is ok (according to the rules) to have multi accounts from one IP (i.e. so your brother/sister/mom/dad/roommate can play) but it is apparently not ok to have them as an officer/commander (which is NOT in the rules).

EDIT:
And maybe if there is some disagreement about what constitutes sharing information the rules need to be changed to clarify this, because as it is now it is not clear and therefore open to interpretation.

Return to “Bugs Archive”