Spy Level Limit

daivahataka
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Lord Dougy wrote:well only way is if the SS got updated every week for it to be increased in benefits.

No, I'm saying that it would use your own stats to calculate what resources to award, there'd be no weekly updating necessary, just a formula which references the stats of the person SS is purchased for.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I'd go for something I mentioned before: credits you can spend as you see fit. Some of the benefits might be increased unit production for N turns, increased naq production for X turns, maybe temporary stat bonuses (double attack rating, double defense rating), things like that.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

covert level limit.......not good.....and i will justafy this....

at one point some users will reach that limit and if one wishes to sab another it will be imposible widowt enormes loses in spys.....so if the covert levels are to be limited(in my opinion a good thing if it is folowed by other changes) then spy weapons must be intreduced as they will make the diference between users not the covert levels....

p.s. sorry if this wass already sad but 4 pages is to much to read...:P
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

forgive_me wrote:covert level limit.......not good.....and i will justafy this....

at one point some users will reach that limit and if one wishes to sab another it will be imposible widowt enormes loses in spys.....so if the covert levels are to be limited(in my opinion a good thing if it is folowed by other changes) then spy weapons must be intreduced as they will make the diference between users not the covert levels....

p.s. sorry if this wass already sad but 4 pages is to much to read...:P

But isn't that what actually happens in reality - one side does not start hostilities towards another because they know they will have large casulaties? I'm not saying I don't agree with you - just playing devil's advocate! :evil:
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Good forgive_me... that's what I was saying.

That 'aspect of reality' wolf is already portrayed correctly in this game. If somebody attacks you, you spy on them only to find they have your spy level. There you go.

Capping spy levels completely takes away the possibility (eventually) that you have a spy level edge, and in doing so, the possibility that you will sabotage.

As I said, it will ruin the sab game. Not partially either, because the short version of the story is, people like their units and they aren't going to send 50k of them. They just won't do it...

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Esker wrote:Good forgive_me... that's what I was saying.

That 'aspect of reality' wolf is already portrayed correctly in this game. If somebody attacks you, you spy on them only to find they have your spy level. There you go.

Capping spy levels completely takes away the possibility (eventually) that you have a spy level edge, and in doing so, the possibility that you will sabotage.

As I said, it will ruin the sab game. Not partially either, because the short version of the story is, people like their units and they aren't going to send 50k of them. They just won't do it...

- Esker

Thank you Esker...This is the point I was trying to make, even though I couldn't word it properly :P.

Sabotage was taken away altogether in "Age 3" of KingsOfChaos... They lost over 20,000 players because with no (or in this case crappy) sab and spy... People didn't like it.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Well, as it goes right now, no one has any chance at all of catching up to players like EtL or Jaxin(formerly the Iron's account), without having to fork out a cool 100 dollars or so in PPTs to get it.

Its a free game, and not being about to get those spy levels without cash is a huge flaw in the game, and a joke. And for the most part, we all know that people only go on PPT to get an extra spy level or two.

By limiting the Spy levels, just like all the other technologies, we wont only be stopping the PPT **Filtered** out there, but also making the game less of a "credit card" game.

Not everyone can afford to be paying 10 dollars to get PPT every week, and not everyone is fortunate enough to have little lackies paying for their PPT's either.

Whats the point in playing a game you cant ever win, unless you cheat or have a really meaty credit account?

Seriously, Replicators will survive. I'm sure Forum could create something better for them to make up such a "loss".

There are more important things to this game, like skill and strategy... Or have you people forgotten what that is?

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

SS: No

I probably won't get level 22 before the credit cards have 30 or something, but still...

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

sleip id suggest ur a strategic master haveing talked to u, meaning that without SS u'd probalbly be like top 5

nuto though does have a point skill means rather little right now
NoDot
Forum Irregular

The biggest problem is the lack of destructive ability against a lot of things. Since we can't destroy Spy Levels or UP, they're just going to keep growing on infinitely. We need some way to destroy them.
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

well how does one destroy a spy skill?

Unit Production could be done since in theory we're on a planet, the cities of the planet could be destroyed killing ppl, and lessen the growth of the player.
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer

add an option to sab spy or def when selecting sab,i know this will cause problems as the lower players will not be able to sab higher players but if the higher players sab each other then they will fall eventually
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Meodread of Losensa wrote:well how does one destroy a spy skill?

Unit Production could be done since in theory we're on a planet, the cities of the planet could be destroyed killing ppl, and lessen the growth of the player.

I don't think the important thing is 'believability' but 'playability.' That is the problem I see in the current runnings - covert and u.p. (and untrained units for that matter) are untouchable. Perhaps the 'assassination' ideas going round could hamper the covert and raid would take advantage of the people who don't sufficiently protect their untrained units.

J.G.G.
tangent
Revolutionary
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Sleipnir wrote:Rank: 78
SS: No

I probably won't get level 22 before the credit cards have 30 or something, but still...

In standard stargatewars? Well done!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”