Make things fair for the Goa'uld

Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

fredrabbit wrote:A reason not to do this would be to introduce a new race that relies on Mercs for there bonus....

My thoughts exactly...

My 'solution' was much simpler, two simple things. 30% income bonus, no covert penalty.

Relying on mercs... hrm... I don't like it...

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
fremen
Forum Irregular

I would like to see a little more balance for the Goa'uld. A bigger income sounds good. A bigger bank would be nice. The covert penalty needs to go away unless the replicators start getting an income penalty.

The power rankings for the four races needs to be put into a strike action/cost ratio to properly show the discrepancies. Including the cost of the unit to weild the weapon. I am also curious to know if the various race super soldiers have different stats as well.

I am liking what I read from you more and more Esker.
Pirates wander the verse and the loot lays thickly upon the common man.

Hallowed ARRRRRR the Orrrrrri!

Ascended Player of the Year 2008 Annual Awards - Thanks everyone for the votes.
hidden
Lord of Chickens
ID: 0

i hate mercs i dont have any mercs i dont want to get any mercs no mercs no merc reliences
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Re: Make things fair for the Goa'uld

Esker wrote:
????? wrote:Apparently the solution is this. Raise the Goa'uld bonus to a SOLID 30% with free banking instead of 25% and the banking. Either take away the penalty they recieve in covert, or put a penalty on income for Reps. Along with that, take into consideration that defense is more valuable than offense when you're deciding on the numbers to slap on the penaltys the Reps and Goa'uld recieve to their offense and defense respectively. By that I mean either increase the penalty on the reps, or lower the penalty on Goa'uld.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more, mystery man.

- Esker

I don't. The goa'ulds biggest penalty is the fact that they need to be around to collect their bonus, or some other player will do it for us. Increasing the bonus will also increase that penalty. Next thing you know, we need to be online 24/7 to even touch our own naq. If you factor in the extra repair costs a goa'uld has for getting attacked (I'll guesstimate that at a 25% increase), plus extra troop losses, we're fighting a losing battle in the long run. Next person who says the goa'uld are the easiest race to play will have to come with a very good explanation.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

What if we had an UP bonus?
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
XIZOR
Forum Regular

yea UP bonus
Esker
Forum Irregular
ID: 4507

Re: Make things fair for the Goa'uld

Sleipnir wrote:I don't. The goa'ulds biggest penalty is the fact that they need to be around to collect their bonus, or some other player will do it for us. Increasing the bonus will also increase that penalty. Next thing you know, we need to be online 24/7 to even touch our own naq. If you factor in the extra repair costs a goa'uld has for getting attacked (I'll guesstimate that at a 25% increase), plus extra troop losses, we're fighting a losing battle in the long run. Next person who says the goa'uld are the easiest race to play will have to come with a very good explanation.

A fair point, and to which I have no reasonable counter-arguement. :(

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

hmmmmmmmmmmm i am going to literaly throw in 2 replicator blocks(2 cents expession...)

Why dont we just give them a Money Technology bonus and eliminate that other unique tech they have and replce it with the money one............Ya i no what u going to say we aint there to collect our money. But what about a certain percent of the money goes directly to there bank and some stays out so they dont have to be on the comp 24/7/356 to collect advantages. As for the bank credits eliminate them for them and slighty decrease there bank size so they dont hoard all the money. For example let say this certain Gouald makes 55 per unit maybe 5 naqada could go stright to the bank depending on the tech lv.

As for the UP........personally doesnt suite the goualds.....but i see a problem having it.

EDIT
Oops i meant DOnt see a problem having it
Last edited by [SGC_ReplicÅtors] on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrOdiGy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 80371

am i missing something here? the increasing money thing will still work because when people ARE there to bank then they will be banking more surely?

i dont know but goauld are pretty poor at the moment and it disappoints me that i had to switch race
Darth CRÅYSHACK_Toe9292
Forum Spammer
Location: Spamming from my Mothership, the Lusankya!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you an UP bonus would level the playing feild, and it makes sense because the Goa'uld force most of their soildiers to join them.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny Copy him, this message in your sig to help to world Domination
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

prodigy wrote:am i missing something here? the increasing money thing will still work because when people ARE there to bank then they will be banking more surely?

Tauri: 25% attack bonus. Can't be stolen.
Asgard: 25% defense bonus. Can't be stolen.
Replicators: 25% covert bonus. Can't be stolen.
Goa'uld: 25% income bonus. Can be stolen.

How to fix this: Give the goa'uld 100% income normally, and 25% in the bank if it fits, otherwise the 25% also goes in the open. That way it can't be stolen if they make sure their bank is big (or empty) enough.

And to make things fair on another front: Why in gods name did we get penalized in the merc department as well? How come we get fewer upgrades there? Haven't we been penalized enough about now? Is this a galactic conspiracy to make all goa'uld change race?

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Marcus Arrias
Fledgling Forumer

Sleipnir wrote:
prodigy wrote:How to fix this: Give the goa'uld 100% income normally, and 25% in the bank if it fits, otherwise the 25% also goes in the open. That way it can't be stolen if they make sure their bank is big (or empty) enough.

This would take away many of my favorite farms.
*goes to sab as many Goaould as covert turns allow!
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

marcus arrias wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:How to fix this: Give the goa'uld 100% income normally, and 25% in the bank if it fits, otherwise the 25% also goes in the open. That way it can't be stolen if they make sure their bank is big (or empty) enough.

This would take away many of my favorite farms.
*goes to sab as many Goaould as covert turns allow!

Which is exactly my point. Your farms should consist of 25% goa'uld, maybe 33% if you don't attack your own race. I'm willing to bet that the goa'uld are relatively the most attacked race. That's about as big a penalty as you can get.

hidden
Lord of Chickens

Tauri: 25% attack bonus. Can't be stolen.
Asgard: 25% defense bonus. Can't be stolen.
Replicators: 25% covert bonus. Can't be stolen.
Goa'uld: 25% income bonus. Can be stolen.

How to fix this: Give the goa'uld 100% income normally, and 25% in the bank if it fits, otherwise the 25% also goes in the open. That way it can't be stolen if they make sure their bank is big (or empty) enough.

And to make things fair on another front: Why in gods name did we get penalized in the merc department as well? How come we get fewer upgrades there? Haven't we been penalized enough about now? Is this a galactic conspiracy to make all goa'uld change race?

no its forums conspiracy to make all goa'uld to change race lol yeah the goa'uld get attacked all the time i get attacked every few days my officer who is asgard gets attacked once every 1.5 weeks or so. no fair
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden

Return to “Suggestions Archive”