Naquadah goes automaticly to secret temple...

Naquadah goes automaticly to secret temple...

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 39
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Naquadah goes automaticly to secret temple...

Lord_of_Night wrote:We only have the 25% and the free fee. The others in defence, attack and spy are better than us ( much better). I think we deserve this special feacture... well, just my opinion.

Yeah - it's been a while since someone suggested this one!

Get a life dude - it's called Stargate Wars for a reason!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

This is hard for me but.....I think the Goa'uld should get their extra 25% auto banked....However, it should use bank turns just like a normal transaction. There should be an ability to turn auto banking on and off so if you're away you at least gain some income. Just my opinion
BombedDeer
Forum Irregular

If this gets implemented I still want a button that would double all my stats and give me 5 trillion naq! but to off set it I wouldnt have a bank to put it in!
CRÅYSHACK_Toe wrote:*comparse his post count to the unspeakable one's*

[sarcasm]Yay I realy don't matter.[/sarcasm]
Some people are just so silly!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Esker wrote:LOL

No. We are not Asgard, our bonus is income. The only problem with that is it means our race has to log in more often, which is unfair. Technically we have to log in 25% more often than any other race in order for our bonus to "work"

The auto banking of our extra income would eliminate the "farm" aspect to the Goa'uld, and would balance things perfectly in regards to our bonus being a weakness in many ways.

That idea you have is so wrong I don't even want to go on about it.

- Esker

How about, to make it fair for everyone, that some of the extra goa'uld income is banked (I would say 50% of the extra income) - but only until the secret temple is full. That way the goau'ld get their nice little bonus and do not have to log on as often, but it is not too excessive so as to annoy everyone else.

Why only 50% of the extra income you say? Well, for each race that has a significant bonus, there is also a penalty - crap defence for the Tauri, crap attack for the Asgard - this means that, in general, attacks against Tauri are usually more successful, and Asgard have to, mainly, rely on their own income generation for naq. So, if you want to have this little (and quite nice) auto banking feature, you must accept a penalty with it - and that penalty will be that some of the extra naq is open to attack, and the feature stops once the bank is full.

Just my thought for the day!
Last edited by Wolf359 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Magni wrote:This is hard for me but.....I think the Goa'uld should get their extra 25% auto banked....However, it should use bank turns just like a normal transaction. There should be an ability to turn auto banking on and off so if you're away you at least gain some income. Just my opinion

No! As I said in my previous post - the Tauri and the Asgard get big penalties for their bonuses - therefore if they are to get this feature they must also have a suitable penalty!

Some might say that with only having half their extra income automatically banked, and only up until their bank is full, they are getting off lightly!

If it was implemented with this 'penalty' (and it isn't really a penalty) I would be happy for it to happen.

But wanting the full extra 25% auto banked - and, as some people have said, even if it takes you over your bank limit?? That's just greedy guys!
Mod Speak
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

I've actually thought about this since my previous post and am now against it. Goa'uld have a bigger income....therefore they can buy more stuff....However, that isn't their only advantage....they can train more men and still get a good bank size and income.....also there are no bank charges.

The Goa'uld are really the perfect all round race....Even if a repli has bigger covert advantages the Goa'uld can afford to train more spies. Even though a Tauri has a bigger attack the Goa'uld can afford more weapons and more men to man them....same goes for defence. Sure they'll never be as big in each respective area as the race itself but they have no disadvantages to drag down another aspect of their game. The only better race is repli. IMO
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

But we already have so many penalties... *sigh*

However, I do understand what Wolf means, so as hard as this is for ME to do, I will agree with him.

If this is ever implemented (which I hope it is, it seems fair and intelligent) then I would say the covert penalty and defense penalty are "worth it" and stop complaining.

lol For whatever that is worth. :P

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Magni wrote:I've actually thought about this since my previous post and am now against it. Goa'uld have a bigger income....therefore they can buy more stuff....However, that isn't their only advantage....they can train more men and still get a good bank size and income.....also there are no bank charges.

The Goa'uld are really the perfect all round race....Even if a repli has bigger covert advantages the Goa'uld can afford to train more spies. Even though a Tauri has a bigger attack the Goa'uld can afford more weapons and more men to man them....same goes for defence. Sure they'll never be as big in each respective area as the race itself but they have no disadvantages to drag down another aspect of their game. The only better race is repli. IMO

Hmm - the tauri have cheaper attack weapons though, and the asgard have cheaper defence weapons. It cost the tauri less to train an attack soldier and it costs the asgard less to train a defence soldier. In fact, it costs them 10% less in each respect.......

The Goa'uld have a 25% extra income - bur currently all of that is open to attack and they do need to logon more frequently to bank it - so why not let them have half of that extar income banked automatically - up to the limit of the bank.

Lord knows - I am one of the biggest anti-Goa'uld players here - but I'm kinda with them on this one!

It could at least be implemented for a trial period and then adjusted if it is found to be too much of an advantage.
Mod Speak
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Esker wrote: and stop complaining.

- Esker

OK, I'll agree to what Wolf says so long as the Goa'uld (and Esker) stop complaining about the Goa'uld's weekness. If that happens then I'll support Wolf's idea 100% :-D
Esker
Forum Irregular

Magni wrote:The Goa'uld are really the perfect all round race....

Covert penalties, defense penalties, need to log in 25% more, farmed constantly... Pure perfection

Magni wrote:Even if a repli has bigger covert advantages the Goa'uld can afford to train more spies.

How many more spies again? Ah, 37.5% spies I believe... hmm... lets say the average player has 100k units (simplicity's sake) and 50k spies. Lets say 5k are offensive units, 5k are defensive. As a Goa'uld, they'd need 68,750 spies to match replis at 50k. That's 18750 units. Out of the untrained count at 40,000... that's 46.875% more untrained units a replicator would have... which means... about 12% (I believe) more income than the race who has a bonus in income. CAN the average (key word here) Goa'uld afford to train more spies? I would say no.

Magni wrote:Even though a Tauri has a bigger attack the Goa'uld can afford more weapons and more men to man them....same goes for defence.

No... no they can't.

Magni wrote:Sure they'll never be as big in each respective area as the race itself but they have no disadvantages to drag down another aspect of their game. The only better race is repli. IMO

lol No disadvantages... Can you read?

- Esker
Esker
Forum Irregular

Magni wrote:OK, I'll agree to what Wolf says so long as the Goa'uld (and Esker) stop complaining about the Goa'uld's weekness. If that happens then I'll support Wolf's idea 100% :-D

Ok I took too long typing again...

Nevermind my sarcastic tone in that last post. :P

- Esker
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

ROFL....I thought you said you'd stop complaining. :roll:

But I'm talking all round....Tauri defence sucks....Asgard attack sucks. Now this isn't just slightly bad....I mean it sucks. I recently spied on Wolf (no offence mate just an example) and he has a much higher attack than defence....However, he has over 1K more defence weapons than attack weapons....It really sucks. My defence is similar to his and I have practically half the amount of defence weapons.

The best race is simply replicators....but then comes Goa'uld for all round ability.

I agree with Wolf's idea though so lets get it implemented and move on. :roll:
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Esker wrote:Ok I took too long typing again...

Nevermind my sarcastic tone in that last post. :P

- Esker

Me too. Ignore mine. LOL :lol:
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

i picked yes becuase after the post where some1 said all other races ailitres cant be stole then i started to wonder
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

SGC_Replicators wrote:i picked yes becuase after the post where some1 said all other races ailitres cant be stole then i started to wonder

Thats what got me thinking....but they do still have free banking (which isn't as big as everyone else's bonuses I'll admit) but it is nice. :-D

I vote yes, but only to Wolf's compromise.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”