High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Re: Make the server more interesting!

Raven wrote:
Hensenshi wrote:
High Empty wrote: As the same goes you seem to want the game handed to you, if you really care you could always go and raid another 100-200mil uu.

Is that directed at me? :?

I think it was for me ....

@owencraig- Im big enough in main to buy as much DMU as i need to go to the top 10......i already bought some and im planning on buying more......you really see it wrong if you think im doing this for myself .....

:-D yup YOU, and i don't think your making it into the top 10 no matter howmuch dmu you buy, Might be something about being 400mil planets behind.

And hen, quit taking things personal, i don't think you need to grow up just act alittle more like a kid.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

High Empty wrote:And hen, quit taking things personal, i don't think you need to grow up just act alittle more like a kid.

I didn't take it personal, it's just your post was somewhat cryptic as to who it was aimed at.
High Empty
Forum Addict

Hensenshi wrote:
High Empty wrote:And hen, quit taking things personal, i don't think you need to grow up just act alittle more like a kid.

I didn't take it personal, it's just your post was somewhat cryptic as to who it was aimed at.

It's when i'm not cryptic you better be scared! :-D

Cause then it's might not be a good day to be you! {( general you) not you hensenshi}
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
Raven
Forum Elite

I didnt mean right away...zzzzzz

With DMU i could boost my lvls far beyond they had when they were my size so in the end i will overtake them......ans seriously im just sick of all you people on top whining you aint got a reward for it while you got so much ........ this game would die if everyone in Asc was a free target......thats why IM whining .....not because of myself
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
High Empty
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:I didnt mean right away...zzzzzz

With DMU i could boost my lvls far beyond they had when they were my size so in the end i will overtake them......ans seriously im just sick of all you people on top whining you aint got a reward for it while you got so much ........ this game would die if everyone in Asc was a free target......thats why IM whining .....not because of myself

but it comes down to 1 simple thing!

YOu only got 2k turns max you can attack with, the guys ranked 1-100, don't get extra turns so they get 48 per day. So, they value their attacks
Raven
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:
Raven wrote:I didnt mean right away...zzzzzz

but it comes down to 1 simple thing!

YOu only got 2k turns max you can attack with, the guys ranked 1-100, don't get extra turns so they get 48 per day. So, they value their attacks

Does it matter anything in the long run.....no..

Your saying to me i gotta see it in the long run while you hide behind the fact you only got limited turns....
'Terrorists of SGW'
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Yeah.. I've done ten ascended attacks on Gordash in the last fortnight, and Buck has done just as many.

Credit where it's due, please. :-)
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

yada yada yada, its funny how evry1 is "naming" stuf that would benifit themslefs all over the board, and sayn its "a neutral" sugestion or "good for the small players" when taking care of his ass or his group ass.

Well let me pitch in:
I ll start by sayn i didnt do minimum ascensions, i d like to think i did decent ascension comparing to my capabilities at that time, and i worked a bit toward improoving it later on (aka farming when wepon sale, buyn some minor dmu, ect...)
But when first ascending i was under impresion that there are 2 reasons for a guy to ascend:
1st To gain access to "new at that time unknown and mistiros server"
2nd To gain extra (or different) bonuses in main.

Now to be honest, my first ascension was aimed toward both. I was interested in how the "new" game looks and ofcourse, it was sorta necesary to ascend in order to compete with others in main (due to the bonuses)

But soon after that (at that point differences were not so big, also some of my mates held "top" ranks meaning server wasnt so "polarised" as it is now) i found out that 1st i dont like the new server that much (sorry admin it just didnt do the trick for me) and second, due to RL i dont have time for yet another server (for those who say ascended doesnt take alot of time, yes you are true but than you end up in a place like me, all the top ppl there invested time, hence they deserve to be top).
Now normaly, i still didnt do minimum posible ascensions and all and ascended 6x.
ATM my ascended account sucks, due to lack investment in it both time and resources, and its right to suck (i m not complainging here).

But if any1 asked me if its worth investing into ascension id tell him NO. why? well simple, you guys did your job well (congrats) the ascended "realm" is made so that "newcomers" can invest as much as they want, both in $ and main resources, they can NEVER play a vital role in it, meaning they ll never be able to influence it not even on a minimum scale. Even if they come close to being there, whats to stop other big guns into blasting them into oblivion as we have seen recently (evrything in ascended is loosable ergo top ppl if connected together have alot easyer job maintining monopoly over power). Wich brings us to something else, you guys say no1 worked to get there, lets be realistic, if i look arround for ppl to "farm" or raid the only ones worth raiding or farming on a scale that leads to "faster progres" reside in 99% in omega dd and dde, if i raid or farm any of them, i ll be blown into oblivion, so instead of gaining i m loosing. so my best way of progress would be be quiet, do no harm, feed on those who are beneath you (meaning minimum or no profit) and best of all, dont grow too much, else you look profitable to one of the big gunz ;)

Do you see the irony in it? still not well let me point it out to you. PPL that grow in ascended are the onest that (mostly DD and Omega) alow to grow, if you grow too much too quick, you make yourself profitable and get raided/farmed/destroyed.

ok that being said, i can give you my input, on how to solve the "situation" for evry1.

Solution 1:

i started with 2 reasons for ascending if you still remember, those who ascended heavily and worked hard gained both the bonuses and a new game to play.

Those who dont like the ascended, didnt invest in it, are given an option to choose either play the game, risked getting descended or they choose to "cocoon" themselfs loose the chance of playn the ascended realm, cant be descended and only gain bonuses for main(meaning all they sacrificed was soly for the bonuses).

Why is this good for evry1 well its realy simple: true big guys couldnt affect main bonuses of the guys who choose to cocoon them selfs, but we also wouldnt be objecting to all your "ascended realm" changes, meaning you d finaly get a server that you always wanted, true it would probably hold only a 100 or maybe 200 players, but at least youd have the oportunity to battle the way you want those ppl (who are actualy realy worth your battle, lets face it mojo coming after me sounds silly when 100s of other players can wack me too.)

Solution 2:
will be edited later, ran out of time :) It includes changing ascended big time :)
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Memento
Forum Intermediate

Do you see the irony in it? still not well let me point it out to you. PPL that grow in ascended are the onest that (mostly DD and Omega) alow to grow, if you grow too much too quick, you make yourself profitable and get raided/farmed/destroyed.

you have a point there mate but it isnt possible TO had nothing to do with CoP but had 3 players who were able to reach the to 30 if they wanted to and granted eah week was the same question who has raided us this time but if dont let urself get down heartened by it u can make a difference, it is now alot easier for u guys too without the raiding of miners anyone can make a differnce

and i swear if the dumb people in TO can do it (me included) then im sure its possible for everyone else to do it

Raven
Forum Elite

Memento wrote:

you have a point there mate but it isnt possible TO had nothing to do with CoP but had 3 players who were able to reach the to 30 if they wanted to and granted eah week was the same question who has raided us this time but if dont let urself get down heartened by it u can make a difference, it is now alot easier for u guys too without the raiding of miners anyone can make a differnce

and i swear if the dumb people in TO can do it (me included) then im sure its possible for everyone else to do it

top 30+ is not in the impossible range its only the top accounts who cant be caught up on....
With doing huge asc or just buying DMU will get you into the top 30 pretty easily.......
'Terrorists of SGW'
Timmy
Forum Irregular

Memento wrote:

The taking away of raiding miners just makes it a little harder to do not impossible. Lets face it you 3 would be in much better positions had your accounts been napped with the powerful ascention players to begin with. As well as having to build your accounts focusing so much on defence just to not get raided. You 3 would have been in much better positions if you had been with DD from the start cause i doubt you could really harm the top 5 if you wanted and that is like only 20-30 rnaks from them.

Basically theres still a lack of motivation to grow in ascention cause it is impossible to make top 10 no matter how much you put in. even with buying DMU as some of them make 700bil a turn.

What i'm saying and what everyone is saying is that the people at the top deserve to be there. But it shouldn't be impossible to catch them no matter what we do. The caps and restrictions admin is bringing in may help but i can't see it fixing the last statement
blahh
Forum Elite
Alliance: Free as a bird
Race: T101
ID: 1337

@ memento
youre forgetting 2 things:
1. you betrayed us in order to "secure your ascended asses" (not willing to discus this in public furtehr, talk to frazz he knows my heart and facts on the matter).
2.Yes miners cant be raided but with untraining miners its the same crap, it costs a few more turns but thats it... and lets face it, top accounts can always aford to oblidriate any1 if they choose to, the only limitation for them is turns other looses are compensated for them in matter of turns.

still dont have enough time to fraze sugestion no 2.

The point of my sugestion no1 is, atm ppl were FORCED (yes forced) to play ascneded if they wanted to compete seriously in main.
So for those who dont want to play it or dont have the time to play it
there should be an option of being able not to play ascended and anscend purely for bonuses... idk theres always an option of chagring some LF or extra "sacrifice" fro this "cocoone" thing so it tisnt purely cheap.
Its basicly the same thing ans having low max life force and 500mil LF atm... the only difference is its safe no matter what changes are brough to the ascended realm.
As long as ppl are forced to play ascended in the style of "preventing descension" they will be against more damage par ascended attack more ascended attacks no limits and such, as that are the only things that are keeping them alive.

so its a win win situation. 1 side gets main bonuses and no descension and doesnt interfear in ascended no more, the other side is free from masses preventing updates to channel the game the way "the elite" wants it to.

Lets be honest, if admin makes the updates some ppl want, ppl wont only stop playn ascended but main to, so in efect, he d be trading off making 20 ppl happy for a dead game... True the 20 ppl earned some things by playn their cards right, but you cant expect bigdadyboss to kill 2 games just to make 20 ppl happy, and yeah easy descension will kill main too.
We arent evil...
we just dont like you. (TheBlade™)

Blagor se bolnim na duhu kajti njih tema je vecna
Raven
Forum Elite

blahh wrote:@ memento
youre forgetting 2 things:
1. you betrayed us in order to "secure your ascended asses" (not willing to discus this in public furtehr, talk to frazz he knows my heart and facts on the matter).
2.Yes miners cant be raided but with untraining miners its the same crap, it costs a few more turns but thats it... and lets face it, top accounts can always aford to oblidriate any1 if they choose to, the only limitation for them is turns other looses are compensated for them in matter of turns.

still dont have enough time to fraze sugestion no 2.

The point of my sugestion no1 is, atm ppl were FORCED (yes forced) to play ascneded if they wanted to compete seriously in main.
So for those who dont want to play it or dont have the time to play it
there should be an option of being able not to play ascended and anscend purely for bonuses... idk theres always an option of chagring some LF or extra "sacrifice" fro this "cocoone" thing so it tisnt purely cheap.
Its basicly the same thing ans having low max life force and 500mil LF atm... the only difference is its safe no matter what changes are brough to the ascended realm.
As long as ppl are forced to play ascended in the style of "preventing descension" they will be against more damage par ascended attack more ascended attacks no limits and such, as that are the only things that are keeping them alive.

so its a win win situation. 1 side gets main bonuses and no descension and doesnt interfear in ascended no more, the other side is free from masses preventing updates to channel the game the way "the elite" wants it to.

Lets be honest, if admin makes the updates some ppl want, ppl wont only stop playn ascended but main to, so in efect, he d be trading off making 20 ppl happy for a dead game... True the 20 ppl earned some things by playn their cards right, but you cant expect bigdadyboss to kill 2 games just to make 20 ppl happy, and yeah easy descension will kill main too.

Mate you really dont understand......they are GODS they played the gane soooo well i think we need to give them gamemod status for all the work they have done in asc :lol:

And yes most of us got our asc accounts blown up in the CoP-Cia war while TO chose ''another path''......i think i was left with 300k planets goodjob people :-D
'Terrorists of SGW'
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

@blahh

Ascension has been and always will be a choice. You chose to play ascension because you wanted to be able to compete on main. That is your reason. It isn't a good reason and it definitely isn't the right reason for ascending, but it is your reason. I chose to play ascension because I missed out on the beginning of main and I relished the opportunity to come into a new server that was both mysterious and full of promise. I wanted to explore and see what I could do with all the new "toys" at my disposal. There was a rather steep learning curve, let me tell you. No one knew anything, there was no guidebook, it was like feeling your way around a darkened room until you find the lightswitch. I found the lightswitch fairly early on and was able to use my knowledge to effectively plan each and everyone of my ascensions. But I also played it very close to the vest when it came to attacking others on ascension. I tried not to step on the toes of those who could do me serious harm and I was successful in that. Others in your alliance (sVarun, eXtremer, et al.) were not so prudent and angered the wrong people at the wrong time. Finally, I was able to push my account to the point where it became self-sustaining (ie. I did not have to do any more ascensions to keep it propelled). That was my goal in ascension and I was one of the first to achieve it. Then it became a matter of just keeping a steady growth growing. Anyone (and I mean anyone) could have done what I did and achieved what I did. But you chose not to. That's not my fault. Now that your tenuous grasp on your main bonuses is slipping somewhat, you are doing everything you can to stem the bleeding. I can't say as I blame you but I can't say that I feel sorry for you either. You made your bed; now you have to sleep in it.

@raven

Well we all know that any suggestions you make are just because they are in direct opposition to any suggestions that I make. I accept that. You and I will never see eye to eye (and Dutch-American relations will suffer evermore because of it :)) But hey, your alliance now has a NAP with the "big guys" so now is your time to shine and prove that you can hang and excel without having to worry so much about being destroyed. I want to see that vaunted skill that you claim to possess come to the fore. And good luck to you.

Return to “Suggestions”