Re: az cardinals

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
big game tomorrow ... go CARDINALS !!!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Dude, give us a break down.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TPE- Valkyria
Race: Tollan
ID: 1914495

Well, I'm a Broncos fan but this time I'm going for the Steelers. Number one defense in the NFL and with Big Ben at the helm.

But then again, human beings can be unpredictable so there is a chance for an upset.

Bottomline- I'm looking forward to SuperBowl 43 and the SB commercials. :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
~Albert Einstein
"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."
~ Unknown
whereub
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: 10 THUMBS- CANT MASS
ID: 49443

cardinals 24
steelers 17
wooot
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate

Oh, WHAT A GREAT GAME! A FIGHT TO THE FINISH! (I'm putting this in my journal)

FINAL: Steelers 27 Cardinals 23
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
~Albert Einstein
~ Unknown
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

was not as good as last year, but still a good game.

One of the few sports I actually ever watch (more because of the violence and I like to laugh at how poignant ((and ridiculous)) the commentators, coaches and players can be...they make it sound as if its a real war with proper global consequences that everyone cares about and people lives were on the line ((which actually MAY have been a possibility, but not in the same manner..)) either way... :lol: )
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate

true true. the commercials also let me down. Halftime was boring as f***. I usually watch it but not this time.
~Albert Einstein
~ Unknown
Game Over
Forum Elite

Nothing from whereub after the Cards lose... :lol: Maybe next year...
whereub
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: 10 THUMBS- CANT MASS
ID: 49443

yes it was a great game .... and yes there should have been a review reguardless if it would have been overturned or not .... which to me looked like his arm was going forward .... how can you not review that when it controls the outcome of the game ... bs on that
still got to give it to the cardinals for winning nfc and getting to the superbowl ..... they didnt look like the worst playoff team ever in my opinion ... looked damn good to me .... hold your heads high
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate

Everyone was saying that because the Cardinals got there, it would be a boring game since the Steelers were going to roll them over. *Snort* It was exciting especially the last quarter.
~Albert Einstein
~ Unknown
sarparto
Forum Regular

Spyridon wrote:true true. the commercials also let me down. Halftime was boring as f***. I usually watch it but not this time.

Agreed it's become the geriatric show. Prince, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and Tom Petty. Don't get me wrong, the Stones kick ass live, but really? Let's not apeal to a sub 45 year old audience. This is yet another thing you can blame on MTV, along with the fact that MTV no longer plays music, but instead glorifies spoiled brats.
sarparto
Forum Regular

Sorry for the double post, but the fitzgerald and holmes touchdowns were, dare I say it, orgasmic. As a sports junkie, nothing's better than, with the game on the line, a brilliant play call that open's up the middle of the field so that Fitzgerald can shove it down their throats. Then watching the throw miss the defender's outstretched hands by inches only to have the reciever catch it and get both feet in bounds in the corner of the endzone was amazing. There were some terrible calls that game, but it was still a great game to watch. How about that Harrison INT TD.
Spyridon
Forum Intermediate

sarparto wrote:Sorry for the double post, but the fitzgerald and holmes touchdowns were, dare I say it, orgasmic. As a sports junkie, nothing's better than, with the game on the line, a brilliant play call that open's up the middle of the field so that Fitzgerald can shove it down their throats. Then watching the throw miss the defender's outstretched hands by inches only to have the reciever catch it and get both feet in bounds in the corner of the endzone was amazing. There were some terrible calls that game, but it was still a great game to watch. How about that Harrison INT TD.

That last quarter, I was on the edge of my seat. So much of the number defense if they leave that big a** gap in the middle of the field. Makes it more interesting. Oh, i wish all games were like that. Fight to the bloody finish.

I do have to admit on the Kurt Warner fumble, it look'd like his arm was starting to move forward to me.
~Albert Einstein
~ Unknown
sarparto
Forum Regular

Spyridon wrote:So much of the number defense if they leave that big a** gap in the middle of the field.

That was a brillinat play call and more to do with Arizona's offensive coordinator than Pittsburg's defense. Going into the game AZ new Pitt would be trying to take the long ball away. Early in the game it was made apparent that PITT was going to have 2 deep, with a bend not break mentality so what do they do. When they need a score with the game on the line they run out patterns on both sides to draw away the safeties then hit Fitzgerald up the middle. Incredible.

Return to “Sports Section”